Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Bigfoot skis

Print
Kolar18. 11. 2015 19:10:17
I'm interested if anyone has experience with bigfoot skis, these are short skis with special bindings to which you can also attach mountaineering boots, namely because of the forecasted snowfall (which we're all really looking forward tonasmeh I was thinking of heading to some mid-mountain hill like Krim, Blegoš or somewhere in Polhograjce and try the thing out a bit. I'm quite a good skier but no experience with such short skis yet, apparently it's quite harder..I'd use them as some alternative to touring skis in lower hills.
Thanks for your opinions and best regards
like
Kolar18. 11. 2015 20:26:31
I've already read it, but I'd like it a bit more extensively
like
Am Shagar18. 11. 2015 22:14:52
@Kolar

http://www.smucisca.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=52053

Here is some more on the topic. Hope it helps. Besides bigfoot there are also snowblades, but I don't know the differences. And something in English.

http://www.theshortskishop.com/ski-blade-advice-12-w.asp
like
Macesna18. 11. 2015 22:40:45
Dad had bigfoots and a few years ago I tried them a few times. In mid-mountains. It only worked on light powder and on spring snow whose hardness had softened a few centimeters. In other types of snow you couldn't ride them, they sank too much.
The feeling is quite interesting, but overall a bit unstable. You quickly fly headfirst and/or on your butt, like in a cartoon. Skiing on boots is more stable, because the sole doesn't slide as much after all!
One problem with bigfoots seemed to me the boots. Only mountaineering boots with notches for automatic crampons come into play. In my then leather ones it was all so-so (more in the sense like forgetting to close the ski boots while skiingzavijanje z očmi). Better with dad's plastic ones.
It's quite fun, but you fly off in a way you can't with normal skis.nasmeh
(+1)like
Žiga2219. 11. 2015 09:53:29
They work well on slopes and if there's good base under the powder.

Only need to get used to the fact that (especially in turns) you're not as stable in mountaineering boots as in ski boots.
like
Kolar19. 11. 2015 17:46:13
@turbo thanks for the link, really interesting read..I think I'll use them with ski boots for maximum stability. Maybe try them this weekend already nasmeh
like
Žiga2219. 11. 2015 18:29:30
Hope so for real.. though I think it'll sweep him off quickly nasmeh
like
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies