Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Cinto 2706m

Print
Trobec22. 08. 2026 19:08:59
Searching and searching, I see that the highest peak of Corsica doesn't have its own topic embarrassment
It's not so much about current conditions, as I've spent too much time "fiddling" with the report. It's more about the idea and route description. If someone is going to Corsica this year, for example. Autumn is ideal anyway, in the middle of summer it's too hot big smile
There are roughly 2 routes to Cinto: from Lozzi and from Asco. A combination of circumstances led us to try both. Definitely the one from Asco is much more recommended smile

https://trobec.blogspot.com/2026/08/cinto.html
Cinto 2706m 1
Cinto 2706m 2
Cinto 2706m 3
Cinto 2706m 4
Cinto 2706m 5
Cinto 2706m 6
Cinto 2706m 7
Cinto 2706m 8
Cinto 2706m 9
Cinto 2706m 10
Cinto 2706m 11
Cinto 2706m 12
Cinto 2706m 13
Cinto 2706m 14
Cinto 2706m 15
Cinto 2706m 16
Cinto 2706m 17
Cinto 2706m 18
Cinto 2706m 19
Cinto 2706m 20
Cinto 2706m 21
Cinto 2706m 22
Cinto 2706m 23
Cinto 2706m 24
Cinto 2706m 25
Cinto 2706m 26
Cinto 2706m 27
Cinto 2706m 28
Cinto 2706m 29
Cinto 2706m 30
Cinto 2706m 31
Cinto 2706m 32
Cinto 2706m 33
Cinto 2706m 34
Cinto 2706m 35
Cinto 2706m 36
Cinto 2706m 37
Cinto 2706m 38
Cinto 2706m 39
Cinto 2706m 40
(+3)like
vitan22. 08. 2026 22:36:34
Hello,

I first climbed Monte Cinto 8 years ago while on holiday by the sea, and this year I repeated it on 2.8. again during vacation, as I like to go to Corsica and combine seaside relaxation with movement in nature. I call this active holiday nasmeh
I always started from Asco, but I have a wish to one day approach via Calacuccia lake, as that valley is very close to my heart.
Besides the summit I also visited the Monte Cinto lakes, which lie under the slope of 2540m high Capu Falu and Lac d'Argento, which with its interesting small lakes reminds me of Triglav lakes but in a much smaller version. On the way back to the valley, I also climbed Capu Borba (2305m), as it is right by the path and with its bare appearance looks like from another planet. Its rock is all iron ore. I would just call it iron peak velik nasmeh
I saw that you also visited Paglio Orba. Definitely a mountain that made a good impression on me 8 years ago. Back then I also climbed Monte Rotondo from Restonica, via the iconic Lac de I'Oriente lake, whose view is worth the visit.
This year besides Cinto I also visited Monte Padro (2389m), which 7 years ago I didn't manage to climb, as I approached from the wrong side and time and orientation cost me the goal, but in return I was given a very rare sight, which in eight years of vacationing in Corsica I repeated only this year and that is a herd of mouflons, which they call muvra there.
Besides that, this year fate also arranged that I observed a solar eclipse for the first time and that from the beach in Lozari. Really a unique sight, when I could experience the eclipse and sunset at the same time, where only a piece of the solar corona dipped into the sea - unforgettable!
Due to the island's position in the west, the eclipse was more pronounced than at home in Slovenia and it was supposed to be around 96%.
Interesting that I only heard about the eclipse some 2 hours before the event, but such unexpected moments are usually the best.
To top it off I could then also observe 2 nights of Perseids shower in the sky.
What more can a person wish for?
Morning scene in Asco with interesting pine tree by the path1
Beautiful morning scene: The sun caresses the first peaks, above which the moon shines. Some remnants of snow and numerous streams along the path to the summit.2
View back towards Ascu and Boca Borba pass on the right3
Images of a landscape as if from some sci-fi movie4
Images of golden formations in volcanic rock5
Crossroads. Here the famous GR20 turns right. Cinto is on the left.6
Interesting stone arch and Cinto in the middle7
Summit of Corsica (2706m)8
Interesting rock formation with one of the special Corsican markings9
Mother with cub10
Capu Falu on the right (2540m)11
Crystal clear water12
Lac du Cinto13
Lac du Cinto14
GR20 path towards the Bocca Crucetta pass, in the background Punta Minuta (2556m)15
Lac d'Argento16
Lac d'Argento17
18
Refreshing the legs again after a long walk. I simply could not resist the temptation that the surroundings offer me...19
20
One of the waterfalls along the path21
From this side it is not visible, but the ridge is really beautiful and it really invites me to visit it22
If there wasn't some greenery in between, I would think I was walking on the moon23
Capu Borba (2305m)24
Iron pyramid on the summit25
Haut-Asco and its surroundings26
View towards Asco27
Sunrise in the valley during the ascent towards Padro.28
Such scenes are quite common. Lichens of interesting colors have settled on the stone.29
In the picture it may not be noticeable how thick the trunk is. Some scales on the bark are as large as a whole palm.30
A specialty of Corsica are the black pine trees. This was one of the tallest on the route.31
Very common native inhabitant of the island32
View of Monte Cinto from the other side, across the Asca valley33
Remains of old times...34
One of the most beautiful passes, Bocca di Tula (2032m) and on the left the peak Cima di a Statoghia (2305m)35
Monte Padro on the right. Here the path goes through an interesting small forest in front of us.36
Monte Padro (2389m)37
38
Monte Cinta mountain range in the background39
Beautiful peak Capo Sellola (2273m) with a nicely greened western slope40
Remains of old dwellings on Corsica are not a rare sight41
42
43
44
45
(+3)like
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies