|
| lijaneja11. 11. 2018 17:38:38 |
Friday is the day for a bullet, and it was. At least from an air rifle. Relatively late I drive towards KB. No trouble on the road to the highest parking lot. Even for lower vehicles. In pleasant temperature I head towards Repov kot and enjoy complete silence. This was disturbed only by the babbling little pool, which enchants me every time again. Let me mention that the brushwood along the path is nicely trimmed, all the way to the apparent direction that turns towards Planjava meadows. However, the sun shone and those few sticking twigs didn't bother me. In the upper part, below Srebrno sedlo, they run out altogether; cairns appear that nicely direct you right to the saddle. Unfortunately, the moment I sit in the soft grass, mists start appearing. I quickly take some shots, but they are not all tip-top; occasionally, luckily, it opens completely. Of course, the Vilice were my goal today, as they are still often unknown on maps, nameless and with varying height. On the hilltop Garmin confirms it to the meter exactly (2341 according to latest data). If there weren't disturbing mists, I would have strolled with the altimeter to the eastern summit of the Vilice or even Babe, but I had no will, although it soon opened completely. These little peaks I've already walked several times, except the unnamed and unmeasured one right next to Planjava summit. In the whole day I met three people, among them Nežka, whom I was extremely glad to see. (Gamsica popped to Planjava a bit before shift ) I didn't feel like going to the hut at the saddle; express via scree I descended to the valley.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
| (+13) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Gorska planika13. 11. 2018 08:37:07 |
Great, Tone! Wonderful pics with mists and I was happy to see you too! To many more meetings! 
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja13. 11. 2018 21:09:34 |
Thanks, Neža. Pics are a poor three, didn't think of photographing you; the page would be much more visited than now when up there it's all gray . But I realized that lately I've been visiting only strange hills: Vilice, Klavni noži, Zob Kanjavca, Gnila glava... 
| (+6) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| mito300013. 11. 2018 21:28:36 |
Of course Tone, if only strange and lesser-visited peaks remain for you. 
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja14. 11. 2018 14:40:11 |
Ha ha, Matjaž, but nicer names like Turn pod Razorjem, Mali Prisank, Goličica... will remain unconquered forever for me.
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Loerst15. 11. 2018 12:08:09 |
Lijaneja Nice trip and great pics, congrats! Just something puzzles me - where should the second (eastern) summit of Vilice be on the 19th pic? First is obvious, the second summit further back is already Lučka Baba. Attaching my pic from the opposite side (from Baba summit), where one Vilice summit is obvious, the other, well, missing.  (of course possible I mixed up, wouldn't be first time, but well, that's why this forum, right)
1
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja15. 11. 2018 13:33:40 |
Hi, @Loerst. Maybe Ojstrica behind it bothers you a bit, and it's in mists too. I'm attaching another pic from the second vantage point, where Raduha is visible too, Ojstrica right behind the eastern summit, this time without mists. Regarding your pic, I suspect it's taken from Baba (almost 100m lower than other elevations), but you're standing on a slightly lower forepeak of the eastern Vilice, a bit of which is right in front left on your pic.
1
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Loerst15. 11. 2018 15:27:44 |
Lijaneja, you're putting me in an awkward spot. I know you're a veteran of thousands of peaks and trust you know our mountains much better than I. But still something doesn't add up.  When taking the photo I really stood where you say the V. Vilice are (and was convinced I was on Baba). I thought so because (a) my GPS showed so, based on OpenMap map, and (b) the Baba summit (2331 m) is drawn there also in the Mountaineering Geographic Information System published by the Alpine Association at https://plangis.pzs.si. The map where it's like that is used also by hribi.net But if I look at other sources I really notice that Baba is elsewhere, more to the east and lower (2244 m), e.g. in Geopedija or on the M&M list, which is also the basis for the publication on Wikipedia. Your knowledge of the situation confirms this other option too. So who is right? Is Baba 2331 m high and where the Alpine Association or Google has it drawn (and the V. Vilice actually don't exist)? Or is it lower, as e.g. in Geopedija and probably on some other map. In other words - instead of solving the mystery of the missing Vilice, now Baba seems to have gotten lost too. 
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja15. 11. 2018 16:04:05 |
Yes, the confusion in this area is quite big here; in recent years, when carrying sometimes even three altimeters, I find many deviations, and two maps aren't always the same. Lučka Brana or Baba is definitely the first peak above Škarje, ca 100m higher than them. Don't worry, descendants will have much work to unify it; for me the greatest satisfaction is to reach the summit, make at least some shots from it and put them in the archive for times when my legs won't obey anymore.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Mrki15. 11. 2018 17:43:06 |
On the map Kamniško-Savinjske Alpe, 1:25.000, (Sidarta, 2015) the peaks between Planjava and Ojstrica are shown as Tone states. The western summit of Vilice has indicated height 2344 m, the eastern one is obviously the summit with contour 2335 m. Baba is marked with height 2244 m.
1
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja18. 11. 2018 09:51:59 |
Great, Neža. I see that this part of the hills is 'your corner'. Yes, strong wind is not an ally of feather-light hikers, mountain goats enjoy it even more. Some picture would be welcome!
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Gorska planika19. 11. 2018 08:31:05 |
Yes, that's true, Tone! oops, I left the camera at home, so I keep the pictures to myself 
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja18. 11. 2020 20:09:11 |
I'm attaching a picture of Planjava with my view of Vilice and Lučka Brana.
1
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| kolosej5. 07. 2026 07:49:56 |
On the ridge between Ojstrica and Planjava in my records are Lučka Brana (Baba) 2244m, Lučka Baba 2331m and Vilice 2343m
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| bo_zl5. 07. 2026 09:24:41 |
Hi Kolosej. Is it possible to reach these three peaks from the direction of Škarije along the ridge from one to the other. I had planned only Lučka baba but now based on your path picture I would extend it also to Vilice. Thanks for the answer.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| DVas6. 07. 2026 09:55:14 |
You walk a bit below the ridge and from each peak you descend and then climb back up to each peak. That's how I went.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| funnyboy6. 07. 2026 10:00:37 |
If you want to go along the ridge all the time, meaning traverse from Lučka Baba onwards over Vilice, then you have to count on some climbing. Or you can bypass the harder spots and then quickly return back to the ridge.
|
|
|
|
| kolosej6. 07. 2026 11:21:30 |
Yes, bo_zl, the described peaks are reached comfortably, it's easy off-trail, you just have to watch that you don't stray too soon from the marked path. For all three peaks, viewed from Škarije towards Planjava, you turn off the path from the west, meaning you have to go around the mountain to the ridge and then climb to the summit. Ridge crossing exceeds my abilities and is too demanding for me. Good luck!
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.