Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      
List of forums / Slovenia / General talks / Where are the most MARMOTS ???

Where are the most MARMOTS ???

Print
UROS14. 08. 2019 19:59:06
Hello!

I'm interested where I could most easily see a marmot or marmots, where there are many? Is there a mountain where there are really a lot? Like for example on Montažu lots of ibex, some don't fear people and even pose....

Thanks for info.
like
Enka4. 08. 2019 20:12:02
Under Montaž, on the Alpe Pecol, there are also plenty of marmots. You see them only in the morning, before the rompompom starts.
(+1)like
UROS14. 08. 2019 20:14:20
Ah early in the morning. OK. Maybe also somewhere else, perhaps also somewhere in Slovenia?
like
UROS14. 08. 2019 20:29:28
Excellent! Thanks turbo, I'll go there, anyway I live and work in Austria. Thanks for the info.
like
Misantrof4. 08. 2019 20:43:28
I myself saw a huge number of them a few years ago around Mokrin, somewhere in the direction towards bivouac E. Lomasti.
like
coffee4. 08. 2019 21:10:41
I also noticed them last year a bit north of bivouac Lomasti, on the descent from Trogkofel towards the pass.
like
Lisica4. 08. 2019 22:52:19
In the French Pyrenees there are tons of them, but they are a bit farther than Slovenia. nasmehvelik nasmeh I haven't seen so many anywhere else.

1
2
3
4
5
like
Enka4. 08. 2019 23:50:59
Also what turbo wrote holds true. Probably the least shy ones are right there.
like
gorazd20005. 08. 2019 08:13:29
On Velikem polju there are quite a few too.
But you can't get too close to them, because they quickly dart into holes, which are everywhere.nasmeh
like
zlatica5. 08. 2019 10:58:16
I, on the other hand, observed them on the path across Sovatna, especially the young ones weren't shy at all.velik nasmeh
1
like
mirank5. 08. 2019 12:10:40
Behind Coglians towards Valentin Pass and under Peralba there aren't few of them either
like
funnyboy5. 08. 2019 12:11:45
I don't know where there are the most, but I've already met them at home (around 7 Lakes, in Velska dolina, under Tosc), in Italy (around Viša and Montaža, Dolomites - above Falzarego, Gardena) and maybe elsewhere, but can't remember right now velik nasmeh cool
(+1)like
babim5. 08. 2019 13:04:37
From the hut at the Seven towards the lake in Ledvica, and also from Vogla towards Konjsko sedlo
like
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies