|
| dprapr16. 06. 2022 19:48:18 |
Uh, Tone, that doesn't belong under current Pihavci conditions.  We were just watching snakes. I'm glad you managed to find the passage to the valley. I was already thinking you had lots of gear for abseiling, but then I see you used beeches for anchors. For this tour it especially holds that it ends only in the valley. Congrats.
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lojze182512. 08. 2024 11:42:57 |
On Saturday, 10.8.24, we set out to check if this is really the nicest Slovenian ridge. Start at 6am in Bavšica, from where we head via pl. Bale towards the top of Osojnik, where the sun greets us after some fight with spiders. Here a quick pause to gear up and then full gas to the ridge. Most of the time we stick to the ridge, but every now and then we have to bypass some difficult section. On Veliki Pihavec after about 1h. Descent to the belay for abseil, where someone left a sling. A static would have been a better choice. At the abseil I check the smooth rock for climbing in the opposite direction. By feel say V, some 4-5m, but in this section there are already at least four pegs for protection. On Mali Pihavec again strictly along the ridge, although the grasses to the right don't look as impassable as in the pictures. After some more ridge walking over a few intermediate tops we reach Obljak after some fight with scrub. Now only the supposedly very tricky descent awaits us. We go directly south straight through the scrub, which turned out to be a good decision as lower down we find good passages that somehow open up by themselves. When the grasses end (we didn't use the ice axe ) and the first trees appear we already thought we were out of the worst, but we were sorely mistaken. Personally, the hardest and most orientationally tricky part for me was the middle section after the end of the grasses and before reaching the beech forest. We try to stay right but the (steep) passages in the sparse forest force us left. A bit lower we descend a little via the grassy gully and even lower we pick up the outlines of a path that leads us quite far right and we're already in the beech forest. From here on we can breathe easy, as there are practically no difficulties left, although there's still quite a bit of descent. We exit at the hunting hut and then lower past the cableway and PUS Bavšica. The ridge is unique, scenic and beautiful. The descent is completely unnecessary. I don't know if it's the nicest in Slovenia, but I certainly agree with Prle that the Bavški end is a dream ridge area.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
| (+9) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| darinka412. 08. 2024 12:01:38 |
Congrats. We looked at the ridge only from afar. Did you go back through Bukovska korita?
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lojze182512. 08. 2024 12:26:56 |
Thanks to both. No, we didn't go through Bukovska korita. We followed the direction marked with 1 on the picture or footsteps over Črni vrh. Down in the forest there's another hut, not sure if it's really hunting or weekend.
1
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| taubi412. 08. 2024 12:43:31 |
Congrats from me too for traversing the great ridge. I don't know if nobody traversed this ridge in these two years, or if it's not worth mentioning. So far I've traversed all the so-called great ridges, but this one is still by far the most beautiful for me, not the hardest. We descended somewhere in the middle between 1 and 2. I think you chose a better variant.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Daaam12. 08. 2024 12:58:20 |
#taubi4 "I don't know if no one has traversed this ridge in these two years, or if it's not worth mentioning." More likely that there aren't many of you doing such "ghostly" tours on this forum (well, basically it's known who goes how far) we amateurs just enjoy such reports. All congrats from me too for the tour.
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Hammond12. 08. 2024 13:48:38 |
We met on the approach. Nice regards to both. 
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja31. 08. 2026 18:00:26 |
Did you descend from Obljak along the rope, with an ice axe, or work gloves? (fig. 28)
|
|
|
|
| tjaza31. 08. 2026 18:01:47 |
I would agree with Mihelič ...it was an honor to participate. But I had to take a deep breath a few times.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| tjaza31. 08. 2026 18:03:36 |
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| dprapr31. 08. 2026 18:24:45 |
Ice axe is useful only in case of autumn frost. Would I carry it with me in summer? Nice, Boštjan, I believe you enjoyed this beautiful ridge.
|
|
|
|
| vitan1. 09. 2026 20:05:37 |
An ice axe is not only useful in winter. I'm speaking from my own experience, because I used it myself on dry land during the ascent from the eastern side to Veliki Lemež this spring. Without it I definitely wouldn't have succeeded. I also thought at first that it must be a bit crazy to use it in the grass. Then last year a friend told me, when we were climbing the nasty slopes on Pihavec from Luknja, that some people use it there. Well then I regretted that I didn't have it with me then either. By the way, I'm never going there again Not a pleasant ascent at all, and then at the end you're disappointed by a single collapsed plain at the top I'm really sorry, but that peak probably won't see me again.
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| djimuzl1. 09. 2026 20:15:25 |
The effectiveness of using an ice axe in summer grasses also depends greatly on the quality of the soil. If it is e.g. too loose and contains a lot of debris, there is no real effect of the ice axe..
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| darinka42. 09. 2026 09:06:09 |
I had it with me several times in summer. But I needed it very very rarely. I remember at Zapotoški vrh, in that steep part I didn't need it because the grasses were dry and it didn't grip. As djimuzl wrote. It depends on the soil.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| dprapr3. 09. 2026 06:24:15 |
Beautiful and strenuous connection of two beautiful ridges. Especially since it is necessary to carry a rope. Congratulations.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| journeyman3. 09. 2026 21:14:57 |
Beautiful for sure. Strenuous though, really mainly because of the sixty-meter rope needed for these two crossings. Most of the day it's completely unnecessary in the backpack.
|
|
|
|
| dprapr4. 09. 2026 06:55:01 |
Yes, actually there are only 3 descents, and the rope in the backpack all day. I saw that now you descend directly from Oltarček down. Before there was a short descent left before Oltarček on steep grass. And therefore you had to return from Oltarček to the descent.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| journeyman4. 09. 2026 21:34:00 |
Now there are also two pitons at the top of Oltarček. But I also saw a stance in front of Oltarček that you mention.
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.