Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      
List of forums / Slovenia / Karawanks / Košuta - all two-thousanders

Košuta - all two-thousanders

Print
UROS112. 09. 2018 08:24:32
Great. Bravo!
(+1)like
garmont12. 09. 2018 17:34:44
Well, quite harder....
like
tomko12. 09. 2018 17:44:44
I didn't write the thread title. It was the first one where I could describe this route in my opinion.
And I also didn't write that we circled all peaks in the Košuta ridge nasmeh
Sorry if I misled or hurt anyone.
like
tinky12. 09. 2018 17:51:34
Picture 10 shows the window to Ostrvi, further west is Macesje.
like
Jaša23. 09. 2018 19:36:36
If anyone's heading to Kladivo, they can leave a pencil in the summit logbox, as it's missing now.

Another trifle I'm curious about is whether the KOSCHUTA HIKING markings (one-day event) have suddenly become permanent?
1
2
(+2)like
exwannabe23. 09. 2018 19:59:20
Super, now every organizer of such and sundry events will be "packing" around the mountains. Already from the sign installation you can see they did it with lots of feeling for nature...
(+9)like
lijaneja29. 09. 2018 12:40:30
Good you took a pic, I'll take a Phillips screwdriver with me.
(+4)like
Sorok29. 09. 2018 14:27:28
Damn jezen right over them! I hope the alpine association has some action planned against such sh....! Gotta search around a bit
(+2)like
zokipoki29. 09. 2018 15:19:32
This is really tasteless.
(+3)like
Lukito23. 07. 2021 14:51:11
21.7.2021 - Košutica and Košuta

I started at Ljubelj and climbed to the hut at Stari Ljubelj. From there a bit into Austria and then quickly back to the ridge. Dense fog appeared, grasses were quite wet which wasn't best for my footwear. I know for next time. To Grunt is quite steep, then across pastures and up again to Košutica.

From there I descended to Hajnževo sedlo where the fogs dispersed, stowed poles and with the help of cables climbed to V. Vrh. On the way I managed to catch some glory photos. At the top I took a few minutes and also met the first people.

Then the traversing began on the edge of the fog towards Toplar, where sheep chased me away, Kofce Gora, Mali turn, M. and V. Kladivo where I took a short break again and changed socks for dry ones. I stowed poles because the path ahead is a bit more exposed and continued past Vetrnik over Škrbina towards Pungrat gora. Visibility to Austria super, from Slovenia only cow bells from pastures. But on our side almost the entire slope is grassy, on the Austrian side a sandpit.

From Pungrat I continued to Pišenica, Klado and Visoki Vrh, where you can nicely see across to Cjajnik, where some brave ones were just descending from the ferrata summit. Follows Škrbina Hude jame, Užnik, and on and on... 

Here I was already slowly expecting to be at Košutnikov turn, but GPS showed otherwise. At Macesje I met two friendly female hikers, and we oriented together. The two were looking for Užnik, I said there's still some way to it. Then we all preferred to go the other direction. Here there are some cables and we were already at Ostrvi (before it its notch if I translated Kainradischarte correctly), then Zahodna škrbina and finally the ascent to Košutnikov Turn. There were also some friendly people with whom we looked around - the weather had already improved considerably.

I had had enough of the ridge, so I'll do the rest of the path another time roped and in a more alpinistic style. A long way home awaited me. When I was almost leaving, a young girl approached from the same direction and reminded me that we had seen each other a bit below Veliki Vrh. We briefly debated the return path (and onward), feelings from the ridge etc., anyway hats off and nice greetings to Bled.

So I turned towards Kofce and skipped the descent to Dolga njiva. The path down went faster, a bit walking a bit running.... I started to worry a bit about the water supply, so I changed my mind and didn't go on some middle path that goes at cca 1700m, but rather descended to pastures at 1400-1500m. Aha I forgot: those Koschuta Hiking signs are still present, likewise the blue KH marks smeared (at least) over all pastures.  
Water somehow lasted past Tegoška planina, at Planina Pungrat there was still some in the pipe, before planina šija it finally ran out. So I stopped at the pump in the scout hut, chatted with the friendly keeper and set off towards Kofce. Štruklji had been spinning before my eyes all day, also schnapps and cold beer... but how to get to the car at Ljubelj... at least 3 hours and nearly 1000m elevation?? 

Take phone, call transport, go to TOP štruklji at Kofce, knock back a schnapps, cold beer, put on shoes and gas to Matizovca. Problem solved. Impressions? I put all peaks in the description so that I'll remember (or read it once later), how it feels when the path has no end, if I decide for such a feat again. Wear something a bit stiffer, less absorbent, equally light (Ultra Raptor GTX for example). And try to hit similar weather conditions so it's not too hot. Then all will be ok nasmeh
Old Ljubelj1
Beginning of the ridge2
slippery chute3
Roe deer4
The ridge ahead is not the nicest5
Towards V. Vrh6
Hajnževo sedlo7
Noted.8
Start of the secured path9
gloria10
Glorija II11
V. peak12
Path ahead13
Classmates at Toplar14
Path ahead15
The fog is on our side16
On Kladivo17
Path ahead18
signpost19
Cjajnik20
Window21
The path ahead becomes a bit more demanding22
Just a little bit...23
Košutnikov turn, a bit blurry...24
3:30 to Kofce.... it'll be fine.25
On the alpine pastures26
Signposts27
Šija28
Well-deserved!29
Map.30
(+5)like
Page:12
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies