Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Mountain cheeses

Print
Tadej31. 08. 2011 15:46:57
Continuation of the topic about cheeses...
like
ljubitelj gora30. 08. 2011 00:14:33
Great pictures and nice day, do you maybe know how much the cheese costs?
like
GITA30. 08. 2011 00:20:00
Thanks....16 Eur per kg....it's really good jeziknasmeh
like
pohodnik1131. 08. 2011 09:41:40
Not even that expensive, especially since it's supposed to be... from pristine nature nasmeh
like
Janez Seliškar31. 08. 2011 10:24:34
At the tourist farm (XXX) in Trenta it's 20.00 EUR, and it doesn't have time to age, because they sell everything.
like
IgorZlodej31. 08. 2011 10:34:30
Well, it shouldn't be a secret which farm it is, it's Pri Jelinčiču, opposite the Korita camp, but that cheese also has tasty additives. A piece of cheese, then like a mouse quickly to Mangrtnasmeh.
like
BT8831. 08. 2011 11:19:26
Yeah, good good, but this little cheese is expensivezadrega
like
cjendaw31. 08. 2011 12:17:32
Mountains around Kobarid (say Božca under Stol and Sleme under Stador) have cheese for 10 or 11 € per kg, so this one for 16€ is really more expensive. Of course, as much as the economy allows. And don't say that Kobarid cheese is bad!
like
IgorZlodej31. 08. 2011 12:34:44
For the uninitiated let me say that the essential difference is in the raw material, sheep and goats give milk from which more expensive cheese is made (16 € is the price which apparently hasn't changed at all for 4 years), cows, and some goat, and that one for 10 or 11 €.
like
Pillar31. 08. 2011 12:46:51
I also have to praise the cheese from those parts, namely from the Podkuk pasture above Tolmin. It looks just like on the penultimate picture from Gite, but it's from cow's milk. At 10€/kg, aged, very good, only the drive up is long. Otherwise, if it were more accessible, it would be more expensive or not aged.

Sorry for spamming, but I think we praise good things too rarely. When I go to Mangart, I'll definitely try their cheese too.
like
cjendaw31. 08. 2011 13:09:09
Just to conclude nasmeh ... if memory serves, on the Božca pasture there's also a mix of goat and cow milk: approx. 25% goat and the rest cow. Bon appétit! mežikanje
like
clo31. 08. 2011 14:03:01
I completely agree with Igor.
like
BT8831. 08. 2011 14:38:40
Well lots of effort and fiddling yeah yeah already and I didn't say it's bad maybe not too expensive but 20€ per kg is for my little pocket mrk pogled
Well for comparison cow cheese at 8€ per kg I know a shepherd who has cows at 1200m asl aged three monthsnasmeh
like
tinky31. 08. 2011 14:57:32
You've gone crazy with this cheese as if you can't survive without it .eek
like
jprim31. 08. 2011 17:46:57
tinky

And what's wrong with exchanging certain information now.
like
Žiga2231. 08. 2011 23:21:54
Are you cheesure? Please in the future be a bit more expansive and elementary before you cheese around like that into nothing. :P (I know, I'm bored)
like
tinky1. 09. 2011 09:13:46
it's wrong because this is mountains net not cheese net
like
Scabiosa1. 09. 2011 09:42:35
Mountain cheeses on hribi.net. Suitable and tasty. smile
like
ljubitelj gora1. 09. 2011 10:40:53
Price of 16 euros/kg of cheese, that's what it costs on the Mangart Saddle, because the topic has no intro.
Cheeses are still expensive, if 1kg of tomatoes in the store costs 80 cents, on the eco market 2.5 euros/kg (farmer's voice), the price of cheeses on the mountains is totally variable. Home products are completely something else than bought ones, I don't trade home milk for anything bought, because bought milk doesn't even deserve the name "milk".
like
dore1. 09. 2011 14:59:46
Cheese at Krstenica 14 euros, not expensive if you think that there's no normal road like to the Mangart Saddle.
like
katjuša21. 09. 2011 15:01:33
Hm, delicious mountain cheeses wink.
If there's a chance, I buy it.

Price of fresh cheese loaf at Konjščica has been 5€ for some years, but the loaf is smaller every year angry
like
Page:12
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies