Nepal Extreme vs. Nepal Evo
|
| jedriličar7. 01. 2012 14:36:45 |
Finally decided to buy proper winter boots (until now I've gone to the snow with Trango Evo GTX model, which is ok for one-day trips). Narrowed down to two models (other lasts simply don't suit my foot). Seller in IGLU says this: Nepal Extreme: warmer, softer for walking, doesn't breathe, can get wet on wet snow Nepal Evo: less warm, has Gore-Tex membrane, breathes, harder for walking Price difference: EUR 50.00 Please good advice and experiences .... Thanks in advance for every good advice ... Regards and happy New Year everyone
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin7. 01. 2012 15:35:35 |
nepal evo gtx definitely...
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin7. 01. 2012 16:55:09 |
definitely solid winter boots EVO, nothing to think about
|
|
|
|
| matejn7. 01. 2012 18:09:55 |
I was in the same dilemma a few months ago, and decided for Nepal Evo. But they are, more or less, boots for day hikes. Personally I wouldn't dare go on some multi-day winter climb with them, where I'd have to bivouac outdoors. For such cases double boots are undoubtedly better.
|
|
|
|
| kop328. 01. 2012 11:22:59 |
I have nepal evo gtx but my feet always get cold when it's below zero 
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| SPIDER8. 01. 2012 20:44:57 |
Then you gotta think a bit that maybe something's wrong elsewhere
|
|
|
|
| pikica19. 01. 2012 19:28:07 |
Who are these "shoes" that they need their own thread 
|
|
|
|
| pikica19. 01. 2012 23:02:28 |
Hey turbo open a new thread please, this doesn't fit here it's about "boots"
|
|
|
|
| capin10. 01. 2012 10:00:31 |
well I won't even mention Millet, no turbo he he. I have them, let's brag (best for Planika, among many)
|
|
|
|
| Stumby10. 01. 2012 16:06:08 |
I think you won't go wrong with Nepal Extreme either. I got mine recently and already tested them on a two-day winter tour and climbing (drytooling) and they perform excellently everywhere so far. Haven't had cold feet in them yet, though it's true I haven't used them at extra low temps.
|
|
|
|
| Tomažke10. 01. 2012 20:06:39 |
I don't know if Evo are harder than Extreme... I have Extreme and chose them just because they are stiffer in the flex, that's how I like it, and cheaper of course. Evo are a bit lighter, softer in flex, so more agile and suitable for climbing. Extreme haven't soaked me in southern snow either, at most wet from sweaty feet.
|
|
|
|
| jedriličar11. 01. 2012 08:19:56 |
Guys thanks all for constructive advice. So, was yesterday in Nova Gorica, became proud owner of Nepal Extreme, at unique price for us by the sea of EUR 186.66. Still asking advice what cream to get for maintenance (says need to be coated with leather care cream after each use, which cream and where). Tx in advance
|
|
|
|
| Wine11. 01. 2012 09:29:00 |
People outside the EU have the right to a VAT refund, forgotten?  good argument for eurosceptics 
|
|
|
|
| jedriličar11. 01. 2012 09:54:54 |
exactly like that .... unfortunately only until 01.07.2013 ... but why would it be better for us than for you ?????
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| matejn11. 01. 2012 15:13:16 |
Good decision and at super price too. As for maintenance, I use Nixwax Leather & Fabrics proof or something like that. If you want leather to stay as is (visually), use liquid stuff or sprays. Otherwise, I think manufacturer includes care instructions. Might be wrong.
|
|
|
|
| Stumby11. 01. 2012 16:11:30 |
Nice, Iglu lowered prices, when I bought Extreme a month ago, thought I made a good deal with 20% off regular price ... now see could have got it 30 eur cheaper, but fuck it, no time to wait ... they have pig margins on shoes and clothes as I see, way higher than on ice axes and crampons ... @jedriličar: impregnation stuff supposedly water based, so oils and creams out... box says LaSportiva recommends Nikwax products...
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin11. 01. 2012 16:23:49 |
and DON'T rub the side rubber!!!
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| jedriličar24. 01. 2012 14:45:06 |
Does anyone know where to buy Nikwax Fabric & Leather Proof spray? Checked all online shops, nothing. Iglu doesn't have it, only Grangers, but La Sportiva recommends Nikwax. Thx in advance. Otherwise, was last two weekends in couloirs, Pripravniška and Y on Begunjščica, shoes OK, a bit cold if standing long in place, but otherwise satisfied. We'll see in spring when the snow hardens ...
|
|
|
|
| jedriličar24. 01. 2012 20:15:38 |
Thx for reply, will check when in Lj next time.
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.