Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      
List of forums / Slovenia / Julian Alps / Traverse: Stogi-Eva-Adam-Škednjovec

Traverse: Stogi-Eva-Adam-Škednjovec

Print
Tomco27. 09. 2026 20:40:03
Stogi and Škednjovec, 27.9.2026

Today another tour fell that I had been waiting for quite some time. I was thinking whether to go directly to Škednjovec, or add Stogi, or dare to try Eva's pillar … In the end everything worked out. nasmeh

Start from planina Blato, in solid cold. After snack above planina Krstenica in short sleeves and steeply up to Krsteniški Stog. When you get up, such views open up that you kind of stop... And to me from a completely new perspective. The traverse towards Jezerski Stog offers really nice and at times exciting ridge walking. Very good overture to the continuation.

The approach gully towards the top of Jezerski Stog, if you keep to the right side, offers enjoyable climbing (in my opinion) of solid grade 1 – just right to put away the poles. I was too lazy to put them away, because I knew quite a bit of work was waiting for me today, so I stuck to the easier line on the left side of the gully.

Under Eva's pillar I felt adrenaline, for a short moment maybe also slightly soft kneesnasmeh – from afar the pillar doesn't look exactly innocent. But once you're in it, everything is quite logical and flows nicely. The key spot is somewhere in the middle. There I took the least exposed variant over dwarf pines, at the cost of some scratches on the hands.

Between Eva and Prevalski Stog a nice specimen of loudly hissing viper crossed my path. From Mišeljski preval onwards towards Škednjovec it's not orientationally demanding. Cairns don't lack either. To the ridge I didn't go through the gully, but a bit left of it, because the rock is very nice and that way it seemed more enjoyable to me. Pity only that this last ascent to the ridge is relatively short.

Continuation from the top along the western ridge. Some parts remind me of the ridge from the eastern to the western summit of Planjava, except here it's nevertheless quite more cut-off and precipitous. When the ridge ends the descent along the ledge to the left is logical. Then somewhere in the middle of the valley was for me the most annoying part of the tour. Pathless in the true sense of the word; the scree is quite rough, the passage to the end of the valley from above is not obvious all the time. I was already a bit unsure if I was even on the right path, but in the end it turned out I went right.

After a short connection to the marked path, the continuation through the idyllic valley in the direction of planina Jezerce was a soothing contrast.

Exceptional and varied tour, wonderful ends!
Crystal clear morning on the Krstenica pasture.1
During the ascent towards Krsteniški Stog, view back towards the misty valley.2
Here it is worth stopping for a moment and admiring...3
On Jezerski Stog... View towards the continuation of the route.4
Interesting gully on the north side below Jezerski Stog. Possible winter approach? Looks wild though...5
From Debeli vrh to Prevalski Stog. My attention at the moment is mainly focused on Evin steber.6
Above the (for me) most demanding section. I went left through dwarf pines, right would have been nicer but more exposed.7
View from Eva towards the traversed terrain.8
Viper on the path from Eva towards Prevalski Stog. It loudly warned about itself.9
From Prevalski Stog.10
Also to the other side. Each summit had a couple of visitors today :)11
If anyone didn't know, on the coat of arms it's not Triglav, but the trio Vrh Hribaric-Škednjovec-Mišeljski konec. Ha! :D12
Getting closer and closer. Orientation here is not demanding.13
Views back during the ascent towards Škednjovec.14
Along the path.15
By the gully, view back.16
By the gully, view upwards.17
From the summit. 18
View further up... But it remains for another time.19
From the summit, Stogi and Ogradi.20
Ridge.21
View back to the ridge. Views most often stop at the truncated wall towards Mišeljska dolina.22
Characteristic bulging north wall.23
Descent gully. Up there I held on to grass and scrub; the upper scree is not very useful.24
Descent valley in one frame. The most demanding part is somewhere in the middle.25
How deep a marmot hole can reach. They are diligent!26
Planina Jezerce and Ogradi.27
Snapshot from the path towards planina Krstenica.28
(+12)like
felix28. 09. 2026 07:28:06
Congratulations, nice tour. For me this part up to the Triglav Lakes is the most beautiful area in the Julian Alps.
(+2)like
ppegan28. 09. 2026 10:14:26
I agree with the above opinion, super tour, you checked off quite a few peaks. And that you tackled Eva's pillar, you're good nasmeh Bravo for a really nice tour in even nicer weather and excellent visibility nasmeh
(+1)like
Tomco28. 09. 2026 17:42:58
Thanks. Yes, I have the same feelings. It's hard to put into words, but those Fužinski konci are really special.
(+2)like
garmont28. 09. 2026 19:02:24
Nice tour @Tomconasmeh
You picked up everything that's demanding in these partsvelik nasmeh If you also went to Debeli vrh via the western ridge…mežikanje
(+1)like
Tomco28. 09. 2026 22:20:06
Thanks Garmont, it remains for another time. mežikanje Once on Škednjovec, probably the only sensible way around is over Vrh Hribaric?

Anyway, a very interesting world for exploration...
(+1)like
VelikiZajetnež29. 09. 2026 12:14:21
Wonderful tour, congratulations velik nasmeh
Can you tell more about the pillar on Eva?
(+1)like
Tomco29. 09. 2026 21:25:34
Thanks. What do I know, I don't (yet) have so many references to be able to compare it directly with anything. It's short but sweet. The rock is OK in my opinion. I enjoyed it. nasmeh

About 1/3 of the route in the lower half you do via the gully. The key part is above the exit from the gully, somewhere in the middle of the pillar, where there is quite a vertical and airy jump. Looking upwards, I stayed on the less exposed right side there, where at the top of the jump you have to break through the bushes, but it's not as airy as more to the left, and the branches help. I think more experienced people see more mini variants here, but instead of the most elegant I was looking for the safest variant velik nasmeh.

Since you've already been e.g. on Oltar and Mrzla gora via Hudi prask, in my layman's opinion you won't have bigger problems here.
(+3)like
VelikiZajetnež30. 09. 2026 09:56:23
Thanks for the detailed answer, I'll go check it out soon velik nasmeh
(+1)like
Page:12
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies