Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      
List of forums / Slovenia / General talks / Slovenian - ignorance or negligence?

Slovenian - ignorance or negligence?

Print
korl26. 01. 2013 07:32:24
eviva panda, word in placenasmeh. That's the whole thing, that we understand each other, not that a person doesn't know if someone agreed with him or is just making fun of his previous post.
Where this can lead was clear already on the previous page, on one answer there were two questions what about that and that??? Who will even find anything useful browsing through these piles of uselessly created posts? He'll go for information elsewhere, where he'll get it without hassle.
like
Domch28. 01. 2013 17:01:33
Typical Slovenians - easiest is to criticize from the couch or armchair at home at the computer. Better go to the mountains and write some report. As I said, whoever wants reads, whoever doesn't doesn't have to, whoever understands ok, whoever doesn't has pictures. Greeting to Hribovc - we saw each other yeah when you went down to Križan we two and the last group to the top.
(+2)like
Hribovc8828. 01. 2013 20:58:15
Greeting back, path across the hillnasmehmežikanje

It was fun like crazy down the slope, from the hut all the way to Križan I didn't stop, I arrived in 25 minutes down to Križan, I ran like my nails were at stakevelik nasmeheeknasmeh
(+1)like
Flora128. 01. 2013 21:44:10
@Anya: But I like Ljubljana dialect best mežikanje. That stuff up there I don't even feel like reading eek.
(+5)like
jprim29. 01. 2013 06:21:16
... to this topic just this, I have nothing against dialects, least of all, they are the basis of the Slovenian language, but here it's necessary to consider an important rule.
When to use dialect? That depends entirely on the speaking situation. So my opinion is still the same, that you just have to write the text so that readers understand it, otherwise dialect should intertwine on a private level and in the home environment.
Now let's go ...nasmeh
And nice greeting.
like
košuta121. 02. 2013 11:38:33
Oh, oh, oh, isn't the moon already a bit past???? Couldn't you move these monologues that are longer and longer, since no one reacts to them and where even LG seems wise, to some private blog?
(+3)like
pinkerton1. 02. 2013 11:54:49
Maja you think nicely about language, too much purism harms more than helps.

But incidentally your analysis of language in PV surprises me which I read regularly and it "bothers" me just the opposite. Because each article is written by a different author from kids to hikers, alpinists and trekkers I perceive lots of different styles some more some less successful, but that's why it's more colorful.

If PV of course is what both of us mean nasmeh
(+12)like
neph2. 02. 2013 12:36:13
MajaO, thanks for the professional explanations or opinion. Otherwise I won't comment to what extent I agree with what's written, but I'd add something about my very favorite read - Planinski vestnik. As a member of the younger generation without bad conscience I confirm that the writing style seems completely in line with expectations, and I've never had problems with understanding. Maybe a bit of objectivity in "evaluating" wouldn't hurt.
(+7)like
Branee30. 05. 2017 17:35:30
I go to the Dolomites already 5 years in a row in August, even though there are many people there are so many climbing options in the walls that people get lost. On ferratas there's a bit more crowd. Via Lipela on Tofana di Rozes can still be in the grip of ice/snow in June.
like
jprim30. 05. 2017 17:47:08
Nice Branee,...
What about a dot, circumflex and capital letter, or should it just be salad ...
Regards!
like
Branee30. 05. 2017 21:59:29
important are the data and knowledge that you provide, slavistics doesn't interest me.
salads are fine
(+1)like
sla31. 05. 2017 07:51:36
If you don't respect your mother tongue, it's really sad...

Otherwise, I think July is the appropriate month for visiting the Dolomites.
(+2)like
77blaz31. 05. 2017 08:07:27
We must respect our mother tongue! Currently in Ljubljana at NUK there is an interesting exhibition, originals of extremely valuable books are on display.
(+1)like
mirank31. 05. 2017 08:30:43
The debate was about the Dolomites and yes the best time for a visit without crowds is the second half of July. But if already about mother tongue-why doesn't anyone speak up about imposing only one dialect on TV?
like
Zvonček31. 05. 2017 09:12:22
Turbo,

couldn't have written it better. Bravo!
(+2)like
GregorC31. 05. 2017 09:18:31
Some just use devices that don't support diacritics. Which still doesn't mean the mother tongue isn't respected. Slovenian encompasses more than just the standard language and Ljubljana dialect, right.
like
Branee31. 05. 2017 10:30:16
from Dolomites to Toporišič zavijanje z očmi
like
VanSims31. 05. 2017 17:25:11
Mother tongue is what we speak from home. Literary language is an artificial construct. Any Slavist will confirm that. But it makes sense so we can understand each other even if for us it's not so critical yet because we're small and our dialects (mostly) don't differ much.

Opposite example are our neighbors, who without "standard Italian" couldn't communicate, since Milanese and Sicilian differ as much as e.g. literary Italian and Romanian or Portuguese.
like
regor1. 06. 2017 09:22:22
Slovenian language has 64 dialects. Some years ago the Slovenian cartographic house (Surveying and Mapping Authority of Slovenia) made and published a map of Slovenian dialects. Unfortunately it's no longer available. Even in Slovenia many words in dialect differ greatly.
We respect our mother tongue far too little. Some would even "legalize" "slang" from smartphones. That's not right! And regardless of the effort and useful info writers provide, the manner matters too. For comparison: how would barley soup taste served on an unwashed (just wiped with cloth) plate with goulash remnants?

Have a nice day!

Darko
(+3)like
lijaneja1. 06. 2017 13:54:54
90% is carelessness. Semi-literates speak up very rarely.
like
Page:123456
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies