Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Slovenian - ignorance or negligence?

Print
slavi090225. 01. 2013 17:03:06
really don't know why some are so bothered if some post is written in dialect... it's nice to read dialects too, guys you two do it nicely homely
(+2)like
jprim25. 01. 2013 17:05:43
@dragica...
Just imagine if everyone on this forum wrote in their dialects, actually it's regional speeches... forum would become one big scribble and that's it... well your post is already a bit like that. No offense. Keyboard knows dots, diacritics, capital letter...
LP!
I was direct, let each take their own.zavijanje z očmi
like
dragica.gnjezda@gmail.com25. 01. 2013 17:10:56
@jprim
velik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmeh relax, don't be so uptight. Always be direct. I like such.mežikanje
(+1)like
dragica.gnjezda@gmail.com25. 01. 2013 17:17:39
@jprm
standard slovenian sticks out from all pores and holes for me and I enjoy dialects like desert in rain.velik nasmehvelik nasmehmežikanje
like
Karletto25. 01. 2013 17:30:19
Come on chill. velik nasmeh
If user doesn't use diacritics, maybe can't switch keyboard to Slovenian, maybe software issue etc.
(+2)like
dragica.gnjezda@gmail.com25. 01. 2013 17:39:53
@karleto
...or he just likes it that wayvelik nasmehmežikanje
(+2)like
ljubitelj gora25. 01. 2013 17:53:08
In elementary and also high school I had problems with Slovenian, in elementary even a year ahead with (1). Sorry if my writing isn't always correct, but it's a forum. If something is not understandable, ask or even on ZS.
like
Hribovc8825. 01. 2013 17:55:55
@jprim, me cry me to the tree...zavijanje z očmijezik

And you have issue with intolerancejezik, others too, won't point individuals, you know whovelik nasmehmežikanje
like
dragica.gnjezda@gmail.com25. 01. 2013 18:15:30
hey domch and hribovc, thanks to you for this little entertainment. now I kinda get it a bit mežikanjevelik nasmeh
but what does "grta proti luzam je bil fog" mean?
like
SunBurned25. 01. 2013 18:26:28
@jprim

"@SanBurned
Uršlja gora is in Slovenia where we speak and write Slovenian ..."

Carinthian dialect is also Slovenian and reading or hearing it is nice addition. Especially in mountaineering context where we roam various parts of Slovenia and meet/observe various people. Seeing so much uptightness in such hobby as mountaineering really surprises me.

On this forum no exaggeration with dialects seen so far. Personally I'd love to read some real "oštja" report at Slavnik and don't mention some matkurba path description to Kum.velik nasmeh
(+2)like
jprim25. 01. 2013 18:30:11
It's an honor that I stepped on so many cats' tails...nasmeh
like
dragica.gnjezda@gmail.com25. 01. 2013 18:32:14
come on, come on, jprim, don't bullshit. you're stepping on your own tail and whiningvelik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmeh
(+2)like
SunBurned25. 01. 2013 18:34:12
I'd be interested in gavda and avdržn too. thanksnasmeh
like
cebelca25. 01. 2013 19:00:39
Wow, you're fighting for those dialects as if someone is taking away your freedom of speech. jezik It's about basic communication on forums, which should be in reasonably standard Slovenian out of politeness and respect for all forum readers. But for some it's obviously toooooo hard to get.velik nasmeh And I don't know why we're automatically labeled uptight, those who like reading standard Slovenian. For myself, I can say there's nothing better than reading nicely written descriptions, not because I'm uptight, but because Slovenian is so beautiful when used properly. And hats off to those who know how. nasmeh
(+1)like
dragica.gnjezda@gmail.com25. 01. 2013 19:19:55
exactly that cebelca, you're taking away their right to express themselves in their dialect. obviously you don't realize that dialect is the wealth of every nation. and if I enjoy discovering the dialect of my nation, that's not a minus, but a plus, just like mastering any language is a plus.
I hope that's not TOOOOO hard for you to get.velik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmeh
like
SunBurned25. 01. 2013 19:43:33
@cebelca:

With uptightness I meant more that fire-breathing at those few playful folks here who just recognized each other and howled "their way".

If you like posts in nice Slovenian, that's nothing uptight, why would it be.
(+2)like
strelec195425. 01. 2013 20:31:34
Oooooo... what a "rompompom" for nothing.eek
Good thing the sun shone down to the valleys, tomorrow will be a nice sunny day and after a pleasant hike we'll all be in a better mood, long January will soon be behind us and we'll all be happier.velik nasmeh
like
jax25. 01. 2013 21:10:35
Maja and others:

True, in many comments of you "dialect advocates" there's some implicit sense of threat. As if, we can't speak our way, they're imposing some foreign norm on us. Not true. No one's chasing anyone and no one's dictating how to speak in your private circle. It's just about comprehensibility. Simply - isn't the main purpose of the forum, especially topics on current conditions, exchanging useful info? And if so, isn't it most normal to use a language that's as understandable as possible to the widest interested public? So - insisting on the most "authentic" (ugh, how I hate that term) Carinthian isn't suitable for that.
And Maja, who mentioned SSKJ and that you professionally deal with language - you probably know that Toporišič doesn't define only standard language, but also common spoken. And that's the one we should at least basically aim for - without the strictest standard norms, and also without pronounced dialectal peculiarities that can be a barrier in communication.
(+1)like
ljubitelj gora25. 01. 2013 23:27:05
You sure know how to mix fog, but this is a forum, some normal understanding has to be there. Dialect is definitely not welcome here, because it's not readable. And if we're talking words, people today are sensitive to what the interlocutor says. Every word imprints in memory and can lead to misunderstanding and even end of friendship.
like
panda26. 01. 2013 07:21:53
I think the purpose of personal reporting is that others understand you. So, everyone should make the effort to write a normally readable and understandable article - text. Everything else is pointless and emphasizes personalized intentionally created difference from others. nasmeh
(+2)like
Page:123456
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies