Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Viševnik

Print
matej1237. 02. 2013 10:07:36
For tomorrow I have it on menu Viševnik, interested what conditions like, lots of snow, crampons needed?
like
viharnik7. 02. 2013 10:12:31
Conditions in mountains are such:
http://www.plazovi.info/plazovi/snezni_plazovi.html
(+3)like
sergejom7. 02. 2013 11:05:23
Better choose some Menina, Blegoš, Ratitovec,... and similar, so won't need anything else than crampons.
(+1)like
matej1237. 02. 2013 13:01:04
thanks for answers, I'll rather wait till conditions stabilize.
(+1)like
lukapet7. 02. 2013 18:26:55
Today at Rudno polje - afternoon visible they skied from Viševnik already. Ski tracks nicely visible.
(+2)like
mpolo7. 02. 2013 19:34:32
Today towards Viševnik...Main goal mainly to TEST THE SNOWPACK....From Zlate Vode I went left to the ridge...continued along the ridge to the first slope approx 30 degrees and went OVER...there I moved a bit right (EAST) from the ridge towards the gully and before the first small gully I did a stability test.... For that I took my time and did all three test methods...
(Norwegian,American or Canadian, and at the end also Swiss (slightly modified)...snowpack height at the profile was 90 cm....ALL THREE METHODS SHOWED THAT CONDITIONS ARE UNSTABLE mrk pogledmrk pogled (probably even worse inside the gully)zmedenzmeden.Under this new snow (approx 30 cm powder) there is a very dangerous 10 cm thick hard layer which is not bonded to the snow below..with this new on top it's bonded somewhat better.But in tests this 10 cm layer smoothly separated from the lower and upper parts...(textbook case of poor stability)...Safest conditions are only along the ridge..and even here I wouldn't recommend carefree riding all over for at least a few days....zmedenzmeden

Stay safe and smart!!!!!!
(+19)like
Irina7. 02. 2013 20:54:55
Nice, but no photos at all?
like
kolesar8. 02. 2013 19:41:24
Today we skied at the ski resort and I watched how they were walking in columns to Viševnik (tourers and walkers).
(+2)like
Gore12310. 02. 2013 17:41:52
Wonderful pictures, I wish you more such posts.Safe steps and luck!
like
PFranci15. 02. 2013 20:37:32
Today after work to Viševnik.The ski track was nicely groomed and I was quickly at the top.For walkers without snowshoes the ascent can be quite strenuous due to postholing.In the upper part snow is not windblown and is deep powder, in the middle part there are already some crusts that mostly hold.But surely tomorrow due to mass visit it will be all different.Lp
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
(+13)like
otiv15. 02. 2013 22:12:37
PFranci, that was nice, the pictures say it, and you even zigzagged on the slope on fresh snow. That was pleasure for you, real gain.nasmeh For us joy to satisfy mountain desires a bit.
Best regards!
(+4)like
katty16. 02. 2013 14:02:45
woooohoooo, super nice picsnasmeh...touring descent also pretty fun...maybe I'll manage to do it in the coming daysmežikanje...Stay safe!!!!!
like
kgregor27. 02. 2013 14:47:23
I'm interested if anyone has been to Viševnik recently and what the conditions are like or if it's possible without crampons? Thanks for answers
like
tinky27. 02. 2013 16:59:09
In current conditions you can't really go around without crampons.
(+1)like
PFranci27. 02. 2013 18:36:29
I think when sinking up to your ass snowshoes come more into play than crampons. Good luck.
(+2)like
IgorZlodej27. 02. 2013 19:38:39
@PFranci, some unfortunately just don't know how it is in the mountainszavijanje z očmi
like
PFranci28. 02. 2013 19:51:41
This afternoon I checked conditions on Viševnik. Snow very lightly crusted. With skis no problem to the top. During the day hikers also reached the top who only need some stubbornness and good will instead of winter gear with occasional sinking. Today fog prevailed. Lp
1
2
3
4
(+9)like
jacks28. 02. 2013 22:30:23
Franci, any avalanches on Viševnik. As I know the path from Pokljuka is quite safe regarding avalanches!? I would also be a hikernasmeh l.p.
(+1)like
PFranci1. 03. 2013 05:46:46
If you stick to the trodden direction, the path is safe. Good luck.
(+1)like
strelec19542. 03. 2013 17:53:37
Just a day or two of sun and Viševnik is „again traversable“ also for hikers. Ravens also rejoiced as there were crumbs from almost every backpack for their hungry tummies. In short nice sunny day on top below at ski slope foggy and quite cold.
lpMarjanvelik nasmeh
1
They are always happy about visits.2
3
4
5
6
7
(+6)like
Page:123...2223242526...626364
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies