Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Jalovec

Print
lijaneja21. 09. 2026 10:25:19
An otherwise unplanned tour, since I was already up in January, but this year, on my life's jubilee, I have an interesting plan, so yesterday I was again on Jalovec.
I start almost four kilometres of road in the dark; I turned off the light already before the hut in Tamar. Peaceful silence, even the birds are still resting. A little before the turn-off in Mali kot I overtake three ladies who went straight on; I go right, along a pleasant, steep path. I pass the bivouac exactly at the moment when it was freeing itself from shadow; I saved its visit for the return. I do not stop even at Kotovo sedlo, but at the entrance to the wall, where I put away the poles; a group of lads is putting on self-belay sets. Super climbing; after the middle of Mrzla gora the knee had enough time to adapt. After less than three and three-quarter hours I find myself on the summit among a crowd of young men. We all enjoy the sun in turn in perfect calm and excellent visibility. On the smooth rock I spread out the soaked rags; after a good hour I leave the top. Descent by the same route; without a rucksack I still climb Mali Jalovec (the reason I did this tour today), which is not technically demanding, only a bit 'airy'. Špica v Planji is also within reach; it would be a sin not to step onto this exceptional viewpoint.
I make another longer pause at the bivouac, where the blankets are neatly folded and I air it out; in between, in socks, I step into the puddle where water had somehow collectedvelik nasmeh. On leaving I latch it securely and step onto the path that runs some 50 metres away. In front of the Dom there was a swarm of tourists; only the lounger was free and I occupy it for half an hour; before that I refresh myself to the waist at the nearby trough with running water. I time myself to the car and, although the road descends gradually, it takes me 33 minutes, and I was not going slowlyzmeden.
At Dani I finish the sandwich and wash it down with a large draught beer.nasmeh
Here electricity is obviously free.1
I wouldn't dare leave my bike like this.2
There is still some time until the sun.3
Goličica is already shining.4
Šite, Lopa, Goličica, kristal and Mali Jalovec.5
It's good that it's not interesting for foreigners.6
The ridge, traversed at the beginning of the month.7
Kotova špica, a lovely but demanding path leads to it. In front Špica v Planji.8
Play of shadows and sun.9
Western Julian Alps. Left Špik nad Špranjo, right Montaž.10
Vrh Grubje and Žrd.11
From Bab to Vrh Krnice12
Loška stena, right Rombon.13
Krnsko kraljestvo, Bavški Grintavec and Pelci.14
First and second...15
...and the third, with the green Vrh Zelenic on the right.16
Briceljk, balcony to the right of Morež is Votli vrh.17
Ridge from Visoke Ponce 2272 in the back, to Kotove špice 2376. Left Rob nad Zagačami...18
...with a bivouac.19
So close, beautiful and high...20
...so why not go on it? Mali Jalovec 2574m.21
Dobrač22
Visitors are already at the summit of Mangart too. Left our Veliki klek.23
Eastern panorama with the Mojstrovke in the foreground.24
From Špik to Dolkova špica, in the foreground Prisank with Zvonik.25
Right in front Lopa, behind it Šite.26
Planica27
Slemenova špica28
Encouraging visit by youth, only that they can't go without phones.29
All the way to Snežnik. Velikošpičje, in the middle Vrh Labrja.30
Twice 'R'.31
Double-peaked Kanjavec with Poprovec. Maybe on Wednesday?32
Loška stena, Kanin mountains and Kugy's peaks.33
View of the crystal peak from its smaller brother.34
Although it is very close, the picture of the surroundings is immediately different.35
An incredibly large number of today's hikers. The approach is from the saddle below dwsno.36
The summit is heavily broken. Right saddle Čez Brežiče.37
About a decade old break-off.38
View of the 'little one' from the saddle.39
Veliki kot with Tamar.40
Besides the giant, the peaks of Planja, Kozlovke, and Hude škrbine stand out, on the right Koritniški Mali Mangart.41
Vertically below Kotova špica is Špica v Planji.42
View from it into Loško Koritnico.43
People are still descending. The red dot on the hillock between the two Jalovca was in my field of view the whole time, so I even thought there was some directional sign up there.44
Only the highest ones appear from behind the Mojstrovke ridge.45
Path to Jalovška škrbina.46
Mojstrovina, shaped like a boulder kayak...47
...but its impermeability is obviously poor.48
Also the descent into Mali kot in heavenly blue.49
Probably he was afraid I would eat his bass.50
Nika and Domen, I can hardly wait for you!51
(+13)like
bos21. 09. 2026 11:23:30
Nice Tone, the Slovenian forecast held better than the Norwegian one.jezik
like
lijaneja21. 09. 2026 18:19:54
You can't rely on any. I only know that the weather will be nice on Wednesday.nasmehnasmeh
like
mito300021. 09. 2026 20:40:39
Nice, Tone, I also need to hop up there soon. On Wednesday it really looks good. velik nasmeh
like
vitan22. 09. 2026 11:56:01
Tone, we almost met, as my original plan was to go to Jalovec together with a new friend, but then we decided to go via Via dela Vita to V Koncu špico, Vevnico and all the way to Strugov and back to the valley via Kugy's ferrata. But this time I had a camera with me and it's possible we saw each other, if nothing else at least through the lens velik nasmeh
Jalovec1
(+3)like
lijaneja22. 09. 2026 17:19:37
They've probably already gone down, Vito, this picture is from 9.54h, and I don't see anyone anywhere.

Just go, Matjaž, there definitely won't be such a rush as there was on Sunday tomorrow, only the temperature will be a bit lower.
x1
(+3)like
sanjamejac22. 09. 2026 20:27:42
Hello, on Saturday I plan Jalovec from Zadnja Trenta, up over the saddle, back past the Shelter. Over the saddle I see that the self-belay kit is not among the recommended equipment, but how is the path past the Shelter? How much via ferrata is there actually? Not much on the pictures. Many thanks for the information!
like
mirank22. 09. 2026 21:08:07
You know best what you can handle, but if you're not exactly among the addicts who have to watch out as soon as they see ropes, then leave this at home.
(+1)like
ejti22. 09. 2026 21:26:17
The svk will be more of a hindrance than a help to you. The rope is quite short. Across the Goličica wall there are only pitons.
(+1)like
darinka423. 09. 2026 03:26:26
There is also some via ferrata over the Goličica wall. I was there twice this year. It is quite an airy route. If you are used to it, there are no problems.
(+1)like
sanjamejac23. 09. 2026 07:35:24
You are great, thank you all very much!
like
mito300023. 09. 2026 21:52:16
Today I practically repeated Tonet's last tour to Jalovec. Start at seven in Planica. To the hut in Tamar I warmed up properly in a good half hour despite the cold morning. At the junction that turns towards the bivouac, I catch up with the first hiker of the day. Each continues in their own direction, I continue towards the bivouac and then further towards Kotovo saddle. Before the climbing part I put on a helmet and then just enjoy the climbing to the top, when the clock struck exactly eleven. Despite low temperatures the sun warmed enough that after thirty years I enjoyed the top again. Down I go the same way, on the way I also jump to Mali Jalovec, which has the top only about two minutes from the marked path. The path to the top is quite airy, technically not too demanding. At the end I also visit Špica in Planja, which is a nice viewpoint, and access to the top is easy. Only a long descent back to the car followed.
morning awakening of Jalovec1
Jalovec a little below Kotovo sedlo2
towards the ridge of Mojstrovke3
part of Loška stena4
ridge of Pelci, Vrh Zelenic5
6
Mali Jalovec in the foreground7
at the summit8
view from the summit of Mali Jalovec9
access to Mali Jalovec from the small saddle, first a little on the right side where the backpack lies10
11
Kotova špica12
Špica v Planji13
Jalovec from the summit of Špica v Planji14
Kotova špica15
bivouac16
ridge of Mojstrovke, meadow....all the way to Šit17
bivouac18
(+5)like
lijaneja24. 09. 2026 06:31:32
Parrot!nasmehnasmehnasmeh
like
mito300024. 09. 2026 06:39:45
He, he Tone, I've had it in my plans for some time, but you beat me to it. I haven't been to Mali Jalovec and Špica in Planja yet. The only thing is I didn't air out the bivouac. velik nasmeh
like
ločanka24. 09. 2026 07:32:31
But I think that lijaneja on sl.16 and mito3000 on picture 5 on the right have more Mali Ozebnik than Vrh Zelenic, because this one is closer to the edge of the picture
like
lijaneja24. 09. 2026 07:46:46
You are absolutely right, @ločanka! When a person does too much by heart, a mistake happens. Thank you very much for the warning, I'm already correcting it.nasmeh
And I also led Matjaž onto thin icemežikanje
(+1)like
sanjamejac28. 09. 2026 08:04:11
Once again thanks to everyone, SVK would really be completely unnecessary weight for me personally, but I believe it comes in handy for someone. Anyway a wonderful weekend, up over Jalovško škrbina to the top, down to the Shelter under Špička where I slept and the next day another descent to the car. Time-wise from the starting point Zadnja Trenta to the top I needed a little less than 4h, then to the Shelter another good hour and a half, so it would easily go to the car as well, but I love evenings and mornings in the mountains in such weather. In the evening observing the rising of the full moon, in the morning sunrise. Yesterday I started from the hut only shortly before 12 o'clock, because it was simply so beautiful that I just didn't feel like going down to the valley. The path itself without any peculiarities, but definitely not for those with vertigo.
1
2
(+7)like
Po Hodnik5. 10. 2026 16:06:53
We used the nice weather this weekend for Jalovec.

Although I had already conquered it from Tamar, I also wanted to hike the path over Jalovška škrbina. This time the execution was harder for me.

Start at 6.00 on Vršič - there was still plenty of parking available. Descent in the dark served as a pleasant warm-up, although we knew that at the very end we would have to push up here. After the fork we tackled the slope that lasts all the way to the entrance to the climbing part.

Crossing Goličica represented a big challenge. I have already hiked and conquered quite a few two-thousanders; the climbing section on Goličica was definitely one of the hardest for me. SVK doesn't help at all, but we are extremely exposed. Still, I enjoyed the climbing part, but an extremely focused step was needed - I wouldn't recommend the descent here.

The continuation is easier; it becomes serious again in the last part. The summit ridge (and the peak itself) on such a beautiful day allowed wonderful views. But again on certain parts it is exposed and requires caution.

On the entire path to the top we didn't meet anyone; at the top there were 5 of us.

The descent followed via Zavetišče pod Špičko, which is easier but still requires focus. Here too the path was empty. The descent from ZPŠ to Vršič was pleasant except for the last ascent to Vršič which kills you nasmeh

Although on hribi.net it says 6 hours of walking on the route, on the board at the starting point 5 hours are planned. We needed 10 hours there and back, of which 2 hours were for breaks.

18km, 1700 vm, super day.
Before sunrise.1
Junction2
View of the traversed path3
At Goličica4
In Goličica5
View ahead6
The mighty Jalovški ozebnik.7
View of the traversed section8
Entry into the final section.9
Summit ridge.10
View towards Kotovo sedlo and Tamar.11
View towards Vršič.12
Descent towards ZPŠ.13
Traditional picture of the sign.14
View from ZPŠ-15
Beautiful backdrop that accompanies us along the path.16
Conclusion at Vršič.17
(+6)like
mikkeni5. 10. 2026 18:47:49
Current conditions for Jalovec - excellent until Wednesday - also the path itself over Jalovška Škrbina as it was 5 years ago. Return via Špiček. More in the collage of pictures and a few words at...

https://ma-uc.blogspot.com/2026/10/jalovec.html
1
2
3
4
(+1)like
Page:123...939495
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies