Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Ridge traverse Kranjska Rinka - Skuta

Print
redbull25. 10. 2024 04:57:33
Superb tour, bravo
This ridge is best to traverse from Rinka to Skuta if you choose the best route. Rope wouldn't be needed much. Konj should be III. Good luck
(+2)like
lijaneja25. 10. 2024 07:05:54
So Konj is not the key point of the ridge? Thanks for the answer, Dejan! Unfortunately I'm missing the most beautiful experiences, my watch already shows five past twelve.
(+2)like
lino25. 10. 2024 20:26:40

Tone, as a youthful older youth you're thinking somewhat pessimistically. Away with black thoughts and the watch that doesn't show the correct time. Even Kekec said: "Good spirits are the best ... etc!"
Tomorrow is a new sunny day. Good luck!
(+2)like
lijaneja25. 10. 2024 20:48:53
I know, Lino, spring will come again, green and warm for most, gray and uncertain for me. Good that I have lots of mountain pictures, I can look at them and look...
(+4)like
felix26. 10. 2024 16:35:06
Thanks turbo for the good comment. I'm actually already among those "autumnal" ones whose strength has rapidly decreased in a few years.
(+4)like
dprapr26. 10. 2024 19:12:13
So what if someone whines a bit. Life isn't always paved with roses. Can't we whine anymore?
It's true some switch easily from horse to donkey, others find it harder. nasmeh

Otherwise nice ridge traverse up and across.
And full respect to the older gentleman who is still such an active guide.
(+7)like
kitta26. 10. 2024 21:42:03
Lijaneja, convince Dragot that mushrooms grow up there nasmeh, then we go together to see that "wonder". Rope if you think it's needed, I carry it the whole way up and down without bribes velik nasmeh
(+4)like
lijaneja26. 10. 2024 22:49:02
Dragot, our hills got on his nerves and he's discovering new ones in the homeland. I'm afraid it'll be hard to convince him. The already invested ones I'll deliver to him, Pokljuka.nasmeh
Sadly it's not only up to him but also my knee, for which I never know when it will block...
(+2)like
gams127. 10. 2024 08:29:37
You've been commenting for a week like old hens or a club of dissatisfied pensioners with all the ailments you have or will get, so stop writing trash here or use private messages or FB for such nonsense, thanks in advance.
(+16)like
asdf27. 10. 2024 10:48:45
Well, you don't have to read their conversation if you're suffering so much from it.
(+7)like
dprapr27. 10. 2024 12:46:43
Tone, the mountains can't resent you in any case. nasmeh
After the “gamsje” debate we're discussing and seeking new mountains even in old age, which never run out.
Dejan's suggestion isn't bad.
We'll talk.
like
lijaneja27. 10. 2024 12:48:34
I'll definitely note it down, that in thirty yearsvelik nasmeh I'll find gams' comments, to see what opinion he'll have about pensioners and old ladies.nasmeh


You've just brightened my day, Drago!
(+3)like
kitta27. 10. 2024 14:14:09
Here, after a couple of years I write a comment, and immediately regret it because of all sorts of patients up here.

And who are you to tell me that I should use ZS?

There are too many of you like that up here, even on secured paths in the mountains, sharing "advice"...

One more reason to only hike off-trail and not post my tours at all, which would be useful to someone...
(+14)like
felix28. 10. 2024 08:27:27
Gams, I sincerely hope that you'll also reach old age someday.
(+2)like
zokipoki4. 11. 2024 08:14:20
(+3)like
lijaneja4. 11. 2024 12:06:02
I see it's quite an alpinistic challenge. Especially for ordinary walkers. Judging by the video, the descent from Rinka is even more demanding than the ascent over Konj. If you hadn't slipped, as you mentioned, you probably wouldn't have needed the rope at all. What led you to turn to the more difficult part? It's a big mystery to me also where you had the camera attachedzmeden
Otherwise super video, thanks for it.
(+1)like
zokipoki4. 11. 2024 12:17:45
Tone, in the video it's not me, but an ambitious young guy from our parts velik nasmeh
I just shared the video because you can see quite well here what kind of traverse it is...nasmeh
(+1)like
lijaneja4. 11. 2024 12:29:11
Ha ha, Zoran, a completely unknown young guy, it seemed strange to me that he uses your pseudonym. Anyway, thanks to you for forwarding the video. Otherwise I'm already training my fingers and knee, because my head wants itnasmeh
Zoran, take care!
(+2)like
Nadvojvoda5. 11. 2024 09:32:58
lijaneja,
last year I went along this ridge and would like to pass on a couple of orientation tips.

This descent down the gully I'd rate as the most awkward part of the route, more than the horse. At its top there's an unmistakable peg through which you thread the rope for abseil. Harness absolutely necessary.
If you look at the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sXI9CY7YS8 second 0:51 is the branch-off for this gully, unmistakable.

I'd add that Mihelič in Slovenske stene writes that you can descend from Rinka to the lowest point of the ridge directly down the scree and no need to divert into this gully. I don't know if that's easier or harder variant than the one through the gully.

When you return to the scree, at the point in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZUw6zGzRZw at second 7:01 you can bypass the spot also on the left side, easier.

The horse can be crossed by riding or by descending prb two meters into the right flank as shown in the video shared by zokipoki.

LP
(+2)like
lijaneja5. 11. 2024 13:08:45
Thanks, 'Nadvojvoda'. If health allows, my mentor and I have it planned for next year. Harness, helmet and 20m?? rope are understandable.
(+2)like
Page:12345
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies