|
| bumslpepe21. 01. 2012 22:14:45 |
With Camp 6-point crampons I haven't been on my ass yet. True, I modified them a bit - tied smooth rubber under with wire. So balls hardly ever form. From Krma to Kredarica they're just right. I use 'em cuz lighter than 12-pointers. Of course gotta know what ya got on yer feet. For serious tours real 12-pointers necessary, with rubber underneath too.
|
|
|
|
| Swiss23. 01. 2012 08:32:11 |
Hello! Can someone explain "glacier crampons". As I know, crampons for glacier walking are shorter than regular 12-pointers. Am I wrong? Please discuss. LG and safe in mountains!
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin23. 01. 2012 08:37:46 |
He meant ice ones, I think... No discussion needed. There are hiking and climbing. 10 and 12 points... Climbing and technical (monopoint, spur... etc.)
|
|
|
|
| skorny23. 01. 2012 10:37:47 |
Regarding Lesce Mount track crampons, they are proven useful for partially icy and snowy paths not in high mountains of course, but I know you can get nicely to Velika Planina, Dobrča, Krn Lakes or Lubnik and similar paths where there is no big slope, very useful for sledding etc., much easier to go uphill with them and pull sleds at Lubelj or Vršič etc., but don't let them fool you into trying a hard winter tour, because they are not real crampons, they are for aid in walking in mid-mountains and lower, it's true that in November with little snow I crossed the calvary to Kredarica without problems - note others that day arrived without big issues even without them, they are just for a safer step and that's all, I recommend the purchase
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| suhi200023. 01. 2012 13:10:57 |
Hello Was this weekend on Grintavec and saw tons of people with only these chain things on. Some went at least to Kokrško even without ice axe. Had the 'privilege' live to see what walking with 6-point crampons on Grintavec in these conditions means. Thing ended very well, though not far from very bad. What J. Bele says in media whole week not totally nonsense as some think. Fact is walking with 12-pointers more tiring or annoying whatever, but winter walking never is and won't be like summer strolling. But people today want everything easy, mountains don't always let it slide.
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| urbancek23. 01. 2012 13:15:48 |
Obviously nothing terrible happened to such yet in life, or at least not witnessed bad injury... When first time seriously hurt, i.e. too late, then they'll know how and what...
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin24. 01. 2012 16:37:48 |
Come on, stop bugging me with these chains already once. We all know that winter mountaineering is harder than summer strolling (not counting alpinism climbs), so fitness, head and gear must match, suitable for the planned feat and properly maintained. Chains don't belong in high mountains, at most for some walk in mid-mountains and smaller hills, as you already wrote. Using these crampons on winter tours is like... as urbancek said. For comparison weigh the backpack for summer (one-day tour) and winter tour and it will be clear to you.
|
|
|
|
| gmirko25. 01. 2012 11:44:47 |
Now I would really like to know what crampons would be suitable for a bit higher than Šmarna gora. Model, brand and where to get them. I only know they must have 12 points and be hiking ones. Thanks.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| som6925. 01. 2012 12:24:08 |
I don't know if this thread will heat up to insanity; several predecessors have already precisely described what is used where when and why.
|
|
|
|
| katty25. 01. 2012 18:54:37 |
Well, I had them today for Ratitovec, actually for the descent over Razor. I'm completely without remarks, they are super. Attaching two pics of how they looked.
1
2
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Swiss25. 01. 2012 19:44:55 |
Hello ! The chains that "katty" photographed. They are also very suitable for sledding. Both for going up and descending on locally icy sled track. When braking of course watch the dosing. The short spikes are nicely visible, allowing comfortable walking. Well, to me there's nothing wrong if this topic continues. More people, more experiences. LP and safe in the mountains !
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| janez.novak2. 03. 2013 19:21:16 |
Just for info: In Kibuba I paid 24 EUR for such crampons.
|
|
|
|
| noc18. 02. 2017 14:47:38 |
Hello I have a request, if anyone has at home Maunt track chain crampons just one, because one tore or was otherwise destroyed. I'm willing to buy the crampon size L. Best regards Primož
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.