Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Planina Blato-toll

Print
Bojan_A3. 06. 2023 11:18:00
About Bohinj fleecing hikers I've written many times. Now the thing has gone so far that the state really should start regulating things because it's completely out of control. I just don't go to Bohinj anymore.
(+7)like
dprapr3. 06. 2023 11:52:18
Parking fees are the least of what's "slipped out of control".nasmeh
This year they also cut pensions for those of us who just retired. We even have to pay back money from before. There'll be considerably fewer such parkings as a result.
(+6)like
darinka43. 06. 2023 11:52:35
I think there are quite a few of us who won't go there where parking fees are high. Somewhere up to 5 euros is still normal. Anything else is just greed. We know who. But they don't realize they'll lose many who won't go there if they play that kind of tourism. What surprises me more, as jusk wrote, is why people still go to those overpriced parking lots then. And not all of us live close to the mountains. But today only profit matters. So for those who have enough money it won't be a problem and that's who they count on. They don't care about the rest. jezen Poor is poor. Just like before. The world turns.
(+9)like
pantani13. 06. 2023 12:02:19
That's why I always go to Bohinj for the bus, pay 2.5€ and don't have to worry about parking or the price!!!
(+7)like
Savinja113. 06. 2023 13:02:17
Neighboring countries offer many free starting points, spacious parking lots, good starting altitude. They also have parking lots that offer all that and you have to pay well for it. Blato is charged as a parking lot, but given that the car is parked on the edge of the roadway, it's not at all. Considering that some of us need three hours from home to some starting points there and the same back, hiking 10-12 hours, a higher parking lot is very handy. Simply, certain years come when a higher starting point is more practical and desirable than the parking fee.
(+8)like
taubi43. 06. 2023 21:03:23
I hope you won't be rude to me, as I won't be rude to you either. I live in Žiri and I'm immensely happy that Žiri isn't a tourist spot. On weekends roads aren't overcrowded and guesthouses half full, or half empty, whatever you like. Locals always get space to socialize in them. Believe me, something priceless.
Bohinj and Bled folks, I doubt they can afford that. The municipalities can have big tourist revenues to build modern infrastructure, but what about those who get no direct benefit from tourism, worse off if all those are occupied by exactly those tourists. I personally go to Blato pasture two to three times a year where I happily pay about 15€ just to be able to drive up and park at the top. Without parking fee, or very low, I doubt I'd always succeed.
I think everyone has the right to state their opinion on the parking fee and whether they'll go there again or not, moralizing about Bohinj and Bled people should rather be avoided.
Best hiking greetings to all, Ivo
(+9)like
Roman293. 06. 2023 21:11:01
It doesn't bother me if the parking fee for Blato pasture is 15€ per day and I pay it without problem. What bothers me is that at the lower parking lot the parking price is 72€ per day. That's simply insane jezenjezenjezen
(+11)like
mavi124. 06. 2023 10:20:41
@taubi4 I understand the problem visitors cause for locals, especially those who get nothing from tourism. But I doubt a bit that these usurious parking fees make much difference in the influx of visitors to Bohinj. Slovenia and especially Bohinj/Bled have become insanely popular with tourists in recent years. From my own experience, classmates I studied abroad with a few years ago mostly knew almost nothing about Slovenia, except that it exists and they drive through it to Croatia to the sea zavijanje z očmi. In the last couple of years, though, they're increasingly interested in visiting Slovenia itself, with Bohinj and Bled at the forefront. That's great for our tourism. If I remember right, exactly what various tourist municipalities have wished for the last ~10 years - that we stop being just a transit country for tourists heading to Croatia and that people rather stop here too. So now we've got exactly what was wished for. What bothers me is that with such high parking fees in the end you just push out of Bohinj those who aren't that rich, and replace them with richer ones. But in my opinion that's not right, since nature should especially be equally accessible to all. So either parking fees at a normal price or the municipality organizes bus transport to Blato with a very early start, so it's useful for hikers who go to the mountains (especially in summer) early in the morning.

Besides, if the barrier and such high parking fee is so that not so many cars push up into the beautiful nature, I wonder why then the barrier lets in everyone who's willing to pay 15 eur extra, no matter how full Planina Blato already is. For example at Jezersko, they set up a barrier for Ravensko Kočna but limit to 100 cars, then the barrier doesn't open even if you're willing to pay. There I actually understand that the barrier is also for nature protection and reduces the number of cars. On the other hand, in the case of Planina Blato in Bohinj, as long as the municipality gets 15 eur it's completely irrelevant how many cars cram onto Blato. Just on this forum I read that despite the barrier at Blato it's still all crammed and parking on meadows. But since 15 eur was paid, obviously that's no longer a problem for nature protection mežikanje.
(+14)like
jprim6. 06. 2023 21:52:30
As for the limited number of car parking spots, the neighbors have had that for a long time. We just copy others in every way.
LP!
(+1)like
PFranci7. 06. 2023 15:01:37
Don't worry for today - tomorrow new prices come into effect (Blato 20€)nasmeh
(+3)like
darinka47. 06. 2023 16:47:18
They rounded it up so no need to look for change. But I've never been there. I don't even know where it is.
(+1)like
capraibex7. 06. 2023 19:57:40
Darinka, you didn't miss anything. There are many nicer and better maintained starting points than Planina Blato and no need to pay usurious prices, where there's also an info point and catering offer. We'll have to charge the Bohinj folks fat prices too when they come to our areasvelik nasmeh
(+4)like
Daaam7. 06. 2023 21:41:55
The most fascinating is that you still find plenty of people who will actually pay 20 EUR for Planina Blato. Personally I'd rather put family jewels between millstones.zadrega as mentioned a bit higher, if they cared so much about nature then they wouldn't raise the barrier at all. Otherwise I've achieved inner peace regarding Bohinj folks. Last couple of years I simply don't visit them anymore jezik ..so I'm calm and they're happy because I don't make crowds for them. Still, let the last one turn off the light, we know.. when karma does its thing every pinched ass will come in handy.
(+3)like
and17. 06. 2023 21:52:29
Bohinj mountains are wonderful, parking poorly arranged, toll usurious but still at least once a year I go up. Because of usurious parking prices I go past the huts and save a euro or so.
(+6)like
blazek337. 06. 2023 22:41:13
Hats off to you, really. Everyone just sees those 20 eu, which is really expensive, but that someone leaves car at Senožeta parking for 5 eu whole day and goes free with van to Blato, no way. Many who go to Bohinj would love to drive with one tire of car into the lake, that's how it is.
(+4)like
piotr8. 06. 2023 00:09:22
Yes, Bohinj folks are incredible with "marketing" the forest road with highest fee.mežikanje
And with big steps catching up famous mountain roads in neighbors, like Nockalmstrasse, Grossglockner, Timmelsjoch, Auronzo..., only after those we drive at least 1000m higher. About road conditions and extra offers better not.nasmeh
(+8)like
mukica8. 06. 2023 06:47:28
blazek33... we'd gladly park where you suggest, but van starts up a bit late if you want "ornk" tour. If I already drive there I make good use, beauties here unlimited. After tour still loooong wait in crowd for transport down and long drive home.
(+9)like
dprapr8. 06. 2023 06:58:53
I haven't visited those ends. I was saving them for retirement time when I'd slow everything down. What now? Any discount for pensioners? If not, I won't mind giving those 20 euros sometime for a nice trip. Huts don't see me anyway and that's the only cost in their areas. nasmeh
like
jax8. 06. 2023 07:29:57
@piotr
Yes, agree, with those three euros per hour at the start of that road they have long surpassed mentioned roads in Italy and Austria.
(+4)like
ločanka8. 06. 2023 07:31:20
Sometimes I wonder why no one is found who would be ready to destroy such barriers or parking meters with something or blow them up. For all other mischief candidates are found right away. Well, I don't mean completely seriously, but I've thought like thatnasmehnasmeh.
(+8)like
Page:123...3435363738...404142
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies