Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Road to Vrata

Print
mirank15. 04. 2025 19:43:58
Once someone sent us to Vienna or Philadelphiazavijanje z očmi. Maybe we'll really have to pay membership there where we're often in the mountains. If that was Aljaž's goal and his successors, that's another story
(+7)like
lingo16. 04. 2025 08:35:18
Julius, I wouldn't know, because I stick to home mountains. I had the feeling that across the border parking in mountains is free, at least some have been persistently claiming that on this forum for years
(+1)like
dprapr16. 04. 2025 11:58:35
In Austria too, it's mostly free or at a reasonable price where you don't feel ripped off.
But tourist transports to higher levels are expensive.
(+4)like
Santino3. 07. 2025 21:24:02
Those who hike to Vrata a lot surely know how to get cheapest early morning to Aljažev dom (on foot I know) .. sadly I'm alone and wouldn't pay 20€ for a few-hour visit to this wonderful valley.. where to park and reliability of van or bus transport?
Thanks and best regards
Marko
(+1)like
tomo_kugy3. 07. 2025 22:05:10
Park in Mojstrana (P&R 10 €) and go with free bus (first runs at 4.00, then every hour +-10 min to 19.00).
click
(+4)like
Santino4. 07. 2025 04:34:43
Excellent. Thanks tomo kugy. Not so bad after all 🙂 best regards
(+2)like
Po Hodnik20. 07. 2025 19:50:41
Similar story on Saturday - showed 30 free spots, got the last or second-last (at 5 am).

Traffic warden explained nobody listens to warnings and Vrata takes 120 cars not 150 as posted. So if less than 30 on sign, parking full. So that others don't have the same problems.
(+4)like
Trobec20. 07. 2025 21:46:14
The mayor already quite shamelessly said they will collect cash, but for the bus... they don't fully guarantee it will run...

Regarding number of spots maybe they count also those in Poldov rov, Črlovec and maybe some weekends.zadrega Of course for most heading to Vrata, Črlovec is pretty useless...
(+2)like
LISAC20. 07. 2025 22:15:43
Trobec or maybe you know how, e.g., at entrance barrier I can even know if I'll get a free spot in Poldov rov or Črlovec? For Aljaž I understand the meaning of the number, read it or not zmeden I just think for these two smaller parking areas it's not right they charge, you prepare for tour then don't know if you can park...
(+1)like
Trobec20. 07. 2025 23:48:10
No idea, since barrier below I haven't been up by car. But last time (from van) both parkings were empty at 5.
(+2)like
LISAC21. 07. 2025 06:54:05
Trobec, thanks
like
lijaneja21. 07. 2025 06:56:34
Even on Friday at five there was no vehicle at the mentioned places (and I didn't see any hikers in the hills above them all day either)zmeden
(+1)like
dprapr21. 07. 2025 08:14:49
Tone, the only right thing is to boycott this end. That's the only thing we can do. Along with elections, of course.
In Italy in 4 days I didn't pay any parking fee. And not in some remote corners, but in Sappada, in Auronzo di Cadore, under Tre Croci pass, in Cortina d’Ampezzo.
(+7)like
DVas21. 07. 2025 10:23:10
This weekend it was full, they were turning back.
(+1)like
mimi12921. 07. 2025 11:00:43
In Italy it's paid like anywhere. The Sexten Dolomites are paid practically everywhere, Passo Giau is paid, Passo Pordoi,...
Parking by the road at Passo Tre Croci is free only if local police don't come. Italians plan barriers for mountain passes.

If in Austria parking lots at moderate prices, toll is paid on every pass. In direct vicinity across border I don't remember any pass that is not paid.
(+1)like
mimi12921. 07. 2025 11:00:47
In Italy it's payable like anywhere else. The Sexten Dolomites are payable practically everywhere, Passo Giau is payable, Passo Pordoi,...
Parking by the road at Passo Tre Croci is free only if the local police don't come. Italians plan barriers for traffic passes.

If in Austria there are parking lots at moderate prices, a toll is paid on every pass. In the direct vicinity across the border, I don't remember any pass that is not payable.
like
mimi12921. 07. 2025 11:00:51
In Italy it's payable like anywhere else. The Sexten Dolomites are payable practically everywhere, Passo Giau is payable, Passo Pordoi,...
Parking by the road at Passo Tre Croci is free only if the local police don't come. Italians plan barriers for traffic passes.

If in Austria there are parking lots at moderate prices, a toll is paid on every pass. In the direct vicinity across the border, I don't remember any pass that is not payable.
like
mimi12921. 07. 2025 11:00:55
In Italy it's payable like anywhere else. The Sexten Dolomites are payable practically everywhere, Passo Giau is payable, Passo Pordoi,...
Parking by the road at Passo Tre Croci is free only if the local police don't come. Italians plan barriers for traffic passes.

If in Austria there are parking lots at moderate prices, a toll is paid on every pass. In the direct vicinity across the border, I don't remember any pass that is not payable.
like
jax21. 07. 2025 11:36:51
If in Austria there are parking lots at moderate prices, toll is paid on every pass. In the immediate vicinity across the border I don't remember any pass that is not paid.

Wait wait wait wait. All passes where roads with transit meaning lead are free. Paid are tourist roads.
In the Dolomites it's like that. Parking at the passes themselves is often paid, but you can legally park a bit lower. Space is limited of course. And the parking price on paid lots doesn't reach the robbery amount from Vrata by any chance.
(+2)like
jax21. 07. 2025 11:36:56
If in Austria there are parking lots at moderate prices, toll is paid on every pass. In the immediate vicinity across the border I don't remember any pass that is not paid.

Wait wait wait wait. All passes where roads with transit meaning lead are free. Paid are tourist roads.
In the Dolomites it's like that. Parking at the passes themselves is often paid, but you can legally park a bit lower. Space is limited of course. And the parking price on paid lots doesn't reach the robbery amount from Vrata by any chance.
(+4)like
Page:123...2829303132
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies