Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Skrlatica

Print
dejan9517. 07. 2026 10:08:08
You are right. It will probably have to be postponed. It is just too heavy a mountain for such a risk. Thanks.
like
opazovalec17. 07. 2026 13:58:57
With such an early start in nice weather you can also afford a jump over B Gamsovec to Triglav and then to Vrata.... Challenge!? Not utopia, verified...!
like
miri17. 07. 2026 14:58:14
He was in a hurry to swim in Lake Bled.
(+3)like
opazovalec17. 07. 2026 18:20:08
Turbo - Everyone unwittingly reveals with their forum statement what kind of character they are….
Lame!? For you? You probably think you hurt me with an offensive remark?
I'm not getting into a debate about who's right! Consider my initiative lame if you want.
*
I always enthusiastically read about Red Bull's feats that were beyond my abilities and recalled the years when I could easily do something similar myself…
*
Similarly, Marijana & Marko once thrilled on this forum with exceptional feats, including the mentioned one-day tour with all logistical traps: Vrata - Škrlatica - B Gamsovec- Luknja - Triglav - Vrata. At almost sixty I managed to repeat it, only it didn't last just 10 hours but a bit more. Lame!? Depends on who you ask… Fortunately we people have different motives for visiting mountains. I wouldn't call any of them lame!
(+4)like
vitan17. 07. 2026 20:18:48
observer, sorry, but here I must defend Turbo!
I don't understand why you reacted like that. To me Turbo's reaction was expected and I believe he didn't really mean anything bad, he was just a bit mischievous. Look how just 2 steps back you wrote: first you warned and advised wise thinking, which was right, then a complete turnaround with the bold penultimate post. I myself am capable of hiking a lot, but I don't highlight that in this way, because I think every experienced mountaineer knows what he is capable of and what not. What I want to say is that it's not all in the legs, but also in the head, so it's not good to just encourage someone to something indiscriminately. We see this best in many cases when someone generally asks if we can advise him to go somewhere in a certain time frame. Of course we can't expect a reasonable answer, because common sense tells us that we are not omniscient who could just tell someone we don't know at all where and how. Please don't take this as a reprimand, but as a well-intentioned comment.
(+6)like
Trobec17. 07. 2026 20:28:51
I agree with Vitan, I also didn't understand Bojan's comment as some kind of insult but more as a joke. Of course, it's quite possible to understand every thing in several ways, but constructive debate usually resolves things "lost in translation" and I think no hard feelings and bad blood are needed.
(+5)like
Pi_is_exactly_317. 07. 2026 22:48:21
Today I went to Škrlatica, the sun was beating down and around 8am for some 20 min below the bivouac I stopped, applied sun cream, but when I finished, surprised I noticed that suddenly on the previously blue sky black clouds appeared. In five minutes a shower already caught me. For about half an hour I waited by one larger rock, then another 20 minutes I looked lost into the sky for some optimistic hint, but it didn't give me the real feeling, so I decided to return back to the valley. From somewhere I have in my head the proverb that fate and weather change three times daily, immediately in the morning, at noon and in the evening. Well this today seemed to me a bit out...
(+1)like
Pi_is_exactly_322. 07. 2026 18:27:42
Today the weather was more stable, there was no more of that mugginess in the morning, so walking was also easier.
Bivouac in an idyllic location. :)1
Approach.2
Summit.3
(+2)like
bos29. 07. 2026 11:38:14
Yesterday in ideal weather for walking I fulfilled the wish of my younger son.wink
In the morning the clouds cooled us, in the afternoon a light wind and shade during the descent.tongue
The path is normally passable, there were few people, the entire way down we walked alone in the company of chamois that were grazing peacefully, so surprisingly yesterday the bivouac was empty in the afternoon sun.
The little prince and queen ... an invaluable memory forever.smile
we were walking along the timeline1
to the bivouac mostly in the shade of clouds2
she was waiting for the sun3
we two towards the sun, as those who were already descending said4
we already feel the warmth5
we leave the poles and one backpack in front of her kingdom6
which is also surrounded by flowers7
and also rewards us with the first views, Rogljica8
attractive very demanding path9
the last part is easier10
beautiful bouquet of saxifrage11
there it is12
first time at the top, where there is a stamp and a logbook13
Lipnica, Špik, Špikova škrbina and Mala Martuljška Ponca only appear at the top14
during the descent also Srednji and Spodnji Rokav15
between Rogljica and Rakova špica is Prisojnik and behind it Jalovec16
Triglav hid the longest17
Rakova špica still awaits a visit18
Kucelj, Dolkova špica and Rogljica19
pleasant descent with views20
her majesty the queen Škrlatica21
Debela peč in the sun and Dimniki and Luknja peč, in front the Mlinaric ridge22
Luknja peč23
Kucelj, Škrlatica and Visoki, Srednji and Spodnji Rokav24
here they graze more individually25
let's still go to the bivouac, behind Stenar and Križ26
bivouac with Dolkova špica27
and with Stenar28
Vrata29
Kopice also invite30
chamois or zlatorog31
beautiful wall of the peaks Nad Kuhinjo špica, Cmir, Rjavčeve glave and Begunjski vrh32
even the highest one appeared to us ...33
for the end34
(+21)like
jbs30. 07. 2026 00:04:49
Congratulations to you too, Škrlatica is really the queennasmeh Photo 9 is interesting, you had to step almost into the abyss with a ladder for itvelik nasmeh. The chamois really posed nicely though.
(+2)like
tkos12. 08. 2026 09:53:42
Hello,
wondering if a self-belay kit is needed for Škrlatica, since it doesn't cover much
lp
like
Janez Seliškar12. 08. 2026 12:28:56
The pletenice are there where they are really needed and there you clip in with SVK.
(+1)like
asdf12. 08. 2026 13:07:31
Janez: Or maybe not. It's a matter of personal judgment.
(+6)like
Janez Seliškar12. 08. 2026 13:42:32
asdf: Where the wire ropes will be is not a matter of personal judgment, but a decision of the Mountain Paths Commission at PZS. It is up to the individual whether to attach to it or not. Of course you must have SVK with you.
(+1)like
asdf12. 08. 2026 13:49:24
I think it is clear to every normal reader of my comment that the part about personal judgment referred to the use of SVK and not to the installation of wire ropes.

That everyone must have SVK with them (I assume you mean on all very difficult routes) is simply your personal opinion. I think most experienced mountaineers do not agree with it.
(+6)like
Trobec12. 08. 2026 13:55:38
Janez, sometimes before pressing the "send" button it is good to read the comment you are replying to once more and think again what it conveys cool
I did not mean anything bad.

Regarding SVK as a guide of course I will not encourage anyone not to use it but in the end a person decides for themselves whether to use it or not. Based on their experience knowledge how confident they feel...
(+4)like
KrEnD12. 08. 2026 19:18:07
My opinion is that a well-trained mountaineer does not need SVK on Škrlatica. Or differently - whoever would really need it for a confident feeling on the places with steel cable, it will be psychologically very strenuous for him to climb the rest of the unprotected part of the climbing section of the path. But this is only my opinion, I am not convincing anyone not to use SVK. As Mr. Trobec says, the use of SVK is a matter of experience and judgment of each individual.
(for reference: I have never used SVK on Škrlatica myself, nor on the path from Kredarica to Triglav, but I always use it for example during descent through Zadnje okno on the Jubilejna pot on Prisojnik or for example during ascent via della viti on Vevnica or over Pipanova lestev on Montaža).
But I think that for the first time it is better to have a harness and SVK with you, even if you don't use it. "Better safe than sorry nasmeh" - Some time ago I went for example for the first time via Kopinškova on Ojstrica and based on photos on hribi.net I judged that I might need SVK. The path then turned out to be significantly easier than expected and SVK and harness remained in the backpack.
(+3)like
mikkeni14. 09. 2026 12:10:51
Yesterday I did a loop from Vrata via Škrlatica, Dolkova Špica and Križ. A few more words at: https://ma-uc.blogspot.com/2026/09/skrlatica-dolkova-spica-kriz.html

Regarding SVK, it's anyway a matter of personal judgment and previous experiences that each individual has in the high mountains. Yesterday I met hikers with SVK and also youth (children) who went without SVK in the company of their parents.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
(+3)like
77blaz5. 10. 2026 17:04:51
From Kriški podi to Škrlatica, then descent amid the first autumn colors and deer rut in Vrata.
Path without any special features.
Veliki (skrit) in mali voz, Razor1
Planja in Razor2
Stenar3
Pihavec4
Triglav5
6
Razor7
Razor in Prisojnik8
9
10
Razor, Prisojnik11
12
Dolkova špica13
Rokavi14
Srednji rokav15
Obisk16
Vrh Škrlatice17
18
Triglav, Stenar19
20
Triglav21
(+4)like
ločanka5. 10. 2026 19:29:56
Wonderful!
(+1)like
Page:123...51525354
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies