|
| Marx27. 06. 2026 22:06:10 |
Preparing myself for the ascent to the queen! But... I would ask for such a description as I will now describe Turska gora. Hut under the waterfall - Okrešelj 1h, partially demanding Hut on Okrešelj - Entrance to Turski žleb 1h, undemanding, soon after the hut we exit the forest Turski žleb - 45min, demanding to very demanding Exit from the gully - peak of Turska gora 45 min, partially demanding. After Okrešelj no possibility of water refill (except from snowfields). Start from Aljaž's home. Thanks!
|
|
|
|
| n3jc27. 06. 2026 23:02:28 |
You have it in the route description on hribi.net ... Mihelic in the northern approaches like this (in line with the hribi.net description): Vrata - Bivak: 2.30h Bivak - vrh: 3h Descent: 4h Total: 9-10 hours To Bivak I would say the path is nothing special, but it can already bake in the sun in the morning. To Zadnji dolek there are then a couple of nicer parts where the path goes over grass, and tangled over stone and scree (together with the heat it drains energy). The serious technical difficulty starts from Zadnji dolek onwards. The path to there can already tire you out quite a bit. For up count at least 6 hours. If in practice you are a bit earlier, no big deal. The sun heat will be constant. I don't remember water along the path (some cave is along the path but I don't know if with water) and in your place I would take plenty, rather not count on luck with snow patches.
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja28. 06. 2026 06:52:30 |
Watch out at the last piton before the route turns left to the most attractive part, as it already has at least 5cm of free play this year. Already last year I warned about it, this year the condition is much worse. You must not pull the piton towards yourself, lean on it only vertically. Otherwise someone with a bit more force will pull it out completely and fly backwards into the depths with it.
| (+6) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Marx28. 06. 2026 10:14:37 |
Thanks! I'll sleep by Aljaž house and head out even at night... but... in Turški žleb we took some 45 minutes, on the most demanding part of Slovenska pot to Kranjska koča some 25 minutes, on Mrzla gora from the first cables to the top about an hour and a half... how much in the demanding part, (start, terbušasta rock, gully, graben) on Škrlatica? Unfortunately I'm older, as some acquaintances have stopped with high-mountain ascents, but something still pulls me upwards... so complete and detailed preparation is very important... and Škrlatica really isn't something you just go to like that... One more thing... I climbed Slovenska pot to Kranjska koča without a self-belay set... Turski žleb always with the set but I think it would go without it too... I don't need the set on Kopinškova pot on Ojstrica and on the ascent from Robanove Kot... how is it on Škrlatica?
|
|
|
|
| Tomco28. 06. 2026 11:29:37 |
Marx, based on what's written you 100% don't need SVK here. After all there are very few sections with a cable where you would actually use it. Instead one more liter of water. Good luck
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Andrej Friedl 4. 07. 2026 08:45:48 |
Škrlatica is really fantastic, and not at all demanding, attaching a short video with panoramic views along the path and from the top, lpA <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6N7HCmiAGA0?si=sqqmyFAq8X7YjCQ4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja4. 07. 2026 10:55:29 |
In the video you left out the most beautiful - Rokave!
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Hammond4. 07. 2026 15:04:51 |
Do you think he knows about their existence?
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| cjendaw4. 07. 2026 18:28:06 |
Hammond, I think an apology would be in order. The same goes for Lijaneja, whom I otherwise respect very much and follow regularly – of course, if the comment was not aimed solely at the fact that the Rokavi were not visible in the recording. We are not all the same. For someone Škrlatica is the pinnacle of mountaineering, for another the Rokavi are something completely ordinary, and for a third even Šmarna gora is a nice goal. That is exactly why I think it is a pity to devalue someone else's effort. With his film Andrej conjured up a wonderful mountain backdrop that many may never experience live. For them such a recording can be the only opportunity to experience at least a part of these beauties through the screen. I have been visiting hribi.net for many years, mainly for information about conditions in the mountains, as I often cannot find them on Facebook groups. I comment very rarely myself, and I mostly save my tours on my own website, mainly for myself. Hammond, we do not know each other and probably never will. Nevertheless, I wish you a safe and happy step, the same to Lijaneja and all others on this forum and beyond.
| (+20) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Hammond4. 07. 2026 22:24:46 |
Sorry, but modern self-promotions with countless videos are just not the right direction.
| (+11) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| jbs8. 07. 2026 18:45:38 |
Today with daughter on Skrlatica and Dolkova spica. Weather very pleasant, due to cloudiness it wasn't hot, nor cold, only wind blowing at times. Conditions without specifics. The piton that Tone warned about is concreted. Red notch is normally passable, although of course very broken. Shortcut from marked path between Dolkova spica and Kriz to Bivak IV via southern screes of Dolkova spica is in places poorly traceable, otherwise very loose and therefore annoying. Tone, I found the poles untouched
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja8. 07. 2026 20:41:53 |
Super, Jurij! I see that your daughter was a bit cold at the top (I've been on sick leave for two days due to a similar blunder), well at least you two didn't get a fever. Thanks to the stranger who nicely prepared the piton, I hope it will serve its purpose for a long time. But what makes me happiest are the poles, as I was convinced they would wait for you.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Marx13. 07. 2026 11:34:23 |
Attempt on Škrlatica... unsuccessful... In the end, the goal was the exceptional Bivak IV on Rušje. After I rested, I went up to about 2000 m altitude and back. Nice thing but I'm totally out of shape... Really beautiful part of the Julian Alps...
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| bos13. 07. 2026 12:04:47 |
We saw that you were trying. In the morning it was really muggy, so it was just pouring ... We met in the morning in the forest and exchanged a few words, then at Aljaž when you said that you had broken the magical 2000 The mountain will wait until you're in shape. Good luck
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Marx13. 07. 2026 19:49:57 |
Thanks Bos! Forme bo... I've been to more huts in the Kamnik-Savinja Alps... but Vrata valley is wonderful!
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| dejan9517. 07. 2026 08:29:16 |
I'm interested in your opinion. Tonight I would set off for Škrlatica to be at the top by morning and back in Vrata around 12:00 tomorrow. The weather looks solid, but it's quite unpredictable. What is your opinion, is the weather forecast good enough for such an endeavor? Thanks in advance!
|
|
|
|
| opazovalec17. 07. 2026 09:43:09 |
No one can take responsibility for such advice. ARSO forecasts extremely unstable conditions for the mountain world! * Once long ago, before the era of weather radars, the caretaker at Pogačnik's home "directed" us in the morning to Škrlatica saying that the weather would be OK. Never before or after were we so soaked in the mountains. Admittedly, later, when we gave up on Škrlatica, it cleared up and in Sovatna we changed our wet clothes for dry ones. With thunder, it could have ended differently on some ridge. Trusting the caretaker was not the right decision. Did you understand!?
| (+8) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| darinka417. 07. 2026 10:07:28 |
It's not really for joking around in such unpredictable weather as these days. I remember years ago when we went from Vrata to Škrlatica. When we were descending towards Rdeča škrbina the weather changed in five minutes. It started thundering. And raining. In such weather we walked to Pogačnik's home. Not pleasant at all. Especially when you're on the steel cables. When you don't know when it will flash. Also the atmosphere cools and the body cools down quickly.
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.