Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Toll booths on Vršič and in Vrata

Print
andrejp7. 09. 2026 11:49:56
...hm, in the old days....and then we'll tear down the highways and return modern cars and replace them with ,,fičko,,...in the old days...don't even..., too many tourists rushing up and down for that photo...but noooo, our tourist agencies still invite...let as many people come as possible...then there's a crowd...serious mountaineer!!!!then these tourists don't pay anything for parking, mountaineer, alpinist should take the bus in the morning or pay 20€(Vrata) ...cretinism cubed
Personally I think something else is important, considering where things are going...sooner or later you'll get various barriers and bans on entering the mountain world even at locations of those mountains you call ,,relatively unknown peak....what then?
(+9)like
mimi1297. 09. 2026 15:04:55
lijaneja and andrejp, there are still those of us who are "a bit over the wood" and we go to the mountains because they are beautiful to us, because we take time for them and our final goal is not collecting altitude meters and the time we spent on the ascent.

The comparison of road traffic and mountaineering is vulgar. We go to the mountains for pleasure, at least I and a handful obviously, not out of necessity to get from point A to point B, which is characteristic of road traffic.

Anyway, I know quite a few serious mountaineers who have a bike in the car and drive to the starting points with it. Or according to you two, who are a bit over the wood.

The matter will go in the direction of paid parking lots and tolls. The example is Austria, where all starting points to popular peaks are paid and getting more expensive every year (maybe I'm wrong?). But Austria also has quite a few starting points to less known peaks that are free.
(+3)like
Trobec7. 09. 2026 15:33:32
In Austria there are fewer paid starting points than here, those that exist usually have lower prices.
If someone takes issue with the road to the Pastirica glacier - it was built already 100 years ago primarily for car tourism, not for hikers. And of course with an expensive toll. The car was simply a luxury back then.
(+3)like
panoramik7. 09. 2026 16:58:57
@mimi 129 , well let it be as you say : young up to 40 years on foot from KG, we old folks (over 50) by car to Vršič
like
mimi1297. 09. 2026 17:14:23
Trobec, Grossglocknerstrasse is in a way comparable only to Vršič, but I don't mean regarding the price, but that it also connects two federal states, Vršič two municipalities. Austrians raise the toll every year. I didn't have this road in mind. Such crowded destinations and crowds haven't attracted me for some time now.
In Tyrol (northern) the passes are mainly paid (Timmelsjoch e.g. 28€ return), at least I don't know of any free one.
like
dprapr7. 09. 2026 17:35:37
Comparable to Vršič? There you can leave the car in the garage, I even slept a few times next to the car. Now it's probably no longer allowed.
Otherwise the parking fees, if any, are such that you don't get the feeling anywhere that they're ripping you off. And the parking lots are well marked and maintained, even if free. Even at these five tunnels that are paid, you get one year free when you fulfill the bonus.
(+5)like
mimi1297. 09. 2026 17:50:53
panoramik, those with money by car, those without money and with good fitness on footvelik nasmeh.

Nothing will happen, in my opinion. There are more and more tourists every year, the tourism industry earns well and the problems of mountain lovers don't interest them.

They accused me that I don't keep up with the times and that I'm a bit over the wood. The gentlemen obviously haven't noticed yet that times have changed a lot. Our mountains have become a tourist product that sells well. What mass tourism causes to locals, they are not interested in.
(+2)like
Trobec7. 09. 2026 18:18:39
It's interesting to me, given that we all see that the problem is the tourist industry - how come we have such different views on how to proceed.
Why should mountaineers voluntarily withdraw from this? Why should they quietly hand over "their land" to the corrupt tourist industry? Without objection, without resistance? It reminds me a bit of that Cankar's... about the bent back...
(+11)like
mirank7. 09. 2026 18:23:51
Yeah well my PZS membership which supports these profiteers is in the style of a convict's answer. Namely when the journalist asked him why he was in prison he replied that you gotta be somewherezavijanje z očmi About continuing the membership I'm thinking more and more often. What sense does it make if I don't use the huts because you have to reserve them well in advance regardless of the weather. I don't need guided tours, parking fees - well at least those over 4eur I don't want to pay and I'd rather go elsewhere.
(+5)like
Deniss7. 09. 2026 20:08:07
@mirank
I think similarly too, but then I think of the trail maintainers, who should get part of this money, and relatively cheaply you are insured abroad.
(+4)like
LISAC7. 09. 2026 20:14:46
I agree with Deniss, especially regarding basic insurance and home PD...
(+2)like
Trobec7. 09. 2026 21:06:52
I myself (especially as a guide) do not question the point of further membership. But because of that I also often have the opportunity to meet someone "from above". And since I'm not the quietest person, I also say directly what I think about some things. But I don't delude myself that my voice, or the voice of quite a few other "professional workers in sports", would be heard too much zadrega But if I already realize that I won't change much, at least I won't be silent. Because if there are enough of us loud... maybe...

Regarding "cheap insurance abroad", I would just point out that for example for Switzerland the B membership fee can be much too low. For Austria and Italy it will generally be ok. Unless it's a complicated case or a big stupidity.
(+5)like
andrejp8. 09. 2026 08:57:29
mimi...for an even more complex tour I suggest you start from home so you don't unnecessarily move the car to Kranjska...but as a guide next time I'll suggest to the group that we don't go to Prisojnik from Vršič but from Kranjska or even from Ljubljana so they will really be ,,true mountaineers...
as for light backpacks I'm wondering since you're obviously an expert how big a backpack I need to fit in it 60m rope, pitons, hammer, slings, carabiners, nuts,friends,harness,helmet something to drink and eat, first aid, something to change into and personal documents when I go for example to climb in Mojstrovka...and then you think I run and don't look at our beauties....
Obviously you've accepted that you're a serious mountaineer who starts from Kranjska, fine...so be it

ps. I've already led an ascent of Triglav that we started in Ljubljana...easy....a few days....so ....you just give priority to tourism, I don't
ps.on Sunday I climbed in Košutnikov turn, a nicely maintained gravel road takes you to the starting point at the hut, price for all-day parking 6.5€...no parking meters, no barriers, just a notice about payment and a trustworthy relationship
(+13)like
gams18. 09. 2026 10:45:39
Triglav and Slovenian mountains - For Slovenians it's free, for tourists paid barriers and a bill for views and refreshments velik nasmeh that's the essence of the tourist circus here in our mountains jezen
(+3)like
mirank8. 09. 2026 16:38:22
Everything is fine and okay, but you overlooked that we are in the EU and that we have a few signed reciprocity agreements for mountaineers with neighboring countries so this won't work. The source of all evil are tourist promoters with their praising of our hills. Consequently, people come here and to the mountains who have no idea about walking on mountain paths, but they have reservations and must get there no matter whatzavijanje z očmi. Our infrastructure is not adapted for such mass visits. Here come the usurious mayors with charging parking fees and tolls on state roads and surfaces. Understand this if you can, I don't and I will always be against.
(+14)like
Sigmundfreund20. 09. 2026 15:25:50
I agree, one must set off to the mountains on foot from home. The so-called true (modern, ecology-friendly) mountaineer will reach Vršič in this way even from Piran.
(+2)like
felix20. 09. 2026 16:11:13
Mimi, if you're already comparing us to Austria, also compare the Dolomites. I drove across quite a few passes, and they're not tolled, except for the mountain road to Auronzo hut. I agree with those who claim that here the local sheriffs want to earn a lot.
(+5)like
jax20. 09. 2026 20:30:30
@mimi129
In northern Tyrol the passes are mainly toll (Timmelsjoch e.g. 28€ return), at least I don't know of any free one.

Brenner, Thurn, Gerlos, Arlberg, Fern, Reschen ...
In reality only Timmelsjoch and Bielerhöhe are toll. In other words, all passes with transit importance are free. But some tourist ones are toll.
(+1)like
jax20. 09. 2026 20:35:39
@felix
To be fair, this year I also found a parking lot in the Dolomites that in terms of overcharging approaches some Slovenian ones (Vrat still does not reach it): the parking lot under the Stevia plateau above the Gardena valley. Parking fee is paid 24 hours a day, the price is 2 euros per hour and there is no possibility of cheaper long-term parking. How much the parking fee amounts to for a full-day tour, everyone can calculate for themselves. So, in the Dolomites it is certainly better, but such cases exist there too.
(+1)like
jerque23. 09. 2026 20:09:29
Did anyone perhaps think that the complications with the traffic regime would solve the chaos on Vršič?
https://gorenjskainfo.com/novica/lokalno/novi-rezim-stara-tezava-na-vrsicu-vozila-znova-parkirajo-na-cesti/447456
(+2)like
Page:123...28293031
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies