Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Toll booths on Vršič and in Vrata

Print
VanSims21. 03. 2024 15:29:08
"If it's just about preserving nature then parking will be free, only number of spots limited"

Similar with radars. Here and in Austria they are everywhere.

Last year I drove in France and don't remember seeing any in villages. On main roads yes (and outside villages and highways), but not on side roads and small villages. There they nicely put speed bumps, islands in middle, zigzag side barriers, spread parking zigzag so practically you can't drive over 60.

So you see whose priority is fining, whose is traffic safety.
(+2)like
VanSims21. 03. 2024 15:29:12
"If it's just about preserving nature then parking will be free, only number of spots limited"

Similar with radars. Here and in Austria they are everywhere.

Last year I drove in France and don't remember seeing any in villages. On main roads yes (and outside villages and highways), but not on side roads and small villages. There they nicely put speed bumps, islands in middle, zigzag side barriers, spread parking zigzag so practically you can't drive over 60.

So you see whose priority is fining, whose is traffic safety.
(+7)like
and121. 03. 2024 20:42:49
92 spots? On Vršič there are 3 huts, when foreigners fill them in summer season, parking spots will be full too.
(+3)like
mojcula22. 03. 2024 07:16:36
We were young like many on this forum today. And like you, we didn't realize that time would catch up when heart still wants to mountains, but legs simply won't manage the trail from valley like before. So today we drive a bit higher and closer to our hill or mountain goals. Wondering if among all decision-makers (ministerial, municipal, mountaineering, forestry...) in our little Slovenia there's really no one who can sensibly solve problems with high visitation and wild parking on Vršič?? Arrange enough parking (not all need to be at the very top), put up barrier and booth with cashier – simply like they solved it long ago in Italy and Austria! And when parking is full, only bus available (until spots free up).mrk pogled
1
2
(+17)like
mado14. 05. 2024 13:00:36
Has parking fee started in Vrata valley? zmedenHow much per day?
(+1)like
jprim14. 05. 2024 20:10:39
@mojcula
I think the same as you, you've written everything that's true. I completely agree with you.
Indeed Austrians and Italians have solved these problems well.
We are just Slovenians ...zavijanje z očmi
LP!
like
mirank14. 05. 2024 21:37:35
I don't know about Austria, but in Italy I only paid 3 € for two days at the parking at Kreutzempass. Everything else is not chargeable, although there were occasionally roads of Vršič rank in between.
(+4)like
jprim14. 05. 2024 21:44:22
So mirank you only hike on such trails where there are no paid parkings or even use of private forest road nasmeh. In Austria for example, (a few years ago) we got a key at a private hut, paid 5 euros to open the barrier. I could list more, but I won't, because we discussed this a while ago.
like
jprim15. 05. 2024 09:43:20
@turbo
I'm not talking about parking, but in this case it was about using the forest road, by which you could drive a bit higher. From the owners of that road you could get the key to open the barrier. A few years ago we paid 5 euros.
Maybe now you understand what I wrote.velik nasmeh
LP!
(+2)like
mirank15. 05. 2024 19:27:53
Maybe you'll understand someday that it wasn't about using private road with barrier, but about use and parking on state roads and passes. I clearly wrote that I was in Austria only a few times and don't comment on conditions there.
(+8)like
jprim15. 05. 2024 19:36:45
Yes, yes, yes - I will, I will understand, however you want, or you want ...
Well, that's how it is, everyone understands in their own way.zavijanje z očmi
(+1)like
lino15. 05. 2024 20:43:12

Obviously today truth and understanding have many faces. Jokingly I'd say that every eye has its own "painter". nasmeh
(+3)like
jax16. 05. 2024 08:09:44
In the Carnic Alps there are no barriers and nothing is paid anywhere. Exception is some valley in the Furlan Dolomites, the prealpine world of the Carnians. Dolomites are another story, but even there it's free in many places.

In the Dolomites I parked for free even at such a crowded tourist spot as Falzarego pass. And at starting points for Civetta, Pelmo, Sorapiss, Schiara, at Lunelli hut, in San Martino di Castrozza. Actually, besides the famous road under Tre Cime, the only place I remember relatively high parking fee is Fischleintal valley in Sexten Dolomites. Just that.
(+6)like
jax16. 05. 2024 08:09:49
In the Carnic Alps there are no barriers and you don't pay anywhere. Exception is some valley in the Furlan Dolomites, prealpine world of the Carnians. Dolomites are a different story, but even there it's still free in many places.

In the Dolomites I parked for free even at such a crowded tourist spot as Falzarego pass. And at starting points for Civetta, Pelmo, Sorapiss, Schiara, at Lunelli hut, in San Martino di Castrozza. Actually, besides the famous road under Tre Cime, the only place I remember with relatively high parking fee is Fischleintal valley in Sexten Dolomites. Just that much.
(+1)like
Trobec16. 05. 2024 12:14:36
I already said I wouldn't repeat myself... but I have to again, because wrong info about paid parking in our neighborhood keeps repeating.eek

In the last 5-6 years I've walked and driven almost all Dolomites. In that time I've spent 50+ days there. I paid parking exactly 1x. And even there it wouldn't have been necessary if we'd walked another 3/4 hour more (round trip), but that day we already had 11 hours of walking.

Interestingly, even inside tourist towns like Cortina, Canazei... there are free parking spots. Can you imagine that at Bled?

Those who write that everything is paid are mainly those who know these areas extremely poorly. They go to a few most crowded tourist spots, preferably drive to the highest possible point, and there sometimes really pay. Or they are extremely unresourceful, and between two 200m apart parkings choose the paid one, even though the other is free velik nasmeh
(+8)like
Kafetarca16. 05. 2024 13:10:58
If Slovenia had ten Vršičs and a couple extra Bleds and such, they'd probably charge a bit less too. velik nasmeh
(+2)like
mosovnik16. 05. 2024 13:18:36
oh, when will us "little Slovenians" admit that in certain "segments" we absolutely "jump the queue"!!!
(+2)like
Trobec16. 05. 2024 16:31:41
If Slovenia had 10 Bleds there'd simply be 10x more local sheriffs living off "charging for air". mrk pogled
(+8)like
dprapr16. 05. 2024 17:40:49
Seems people are quite satisfied with them to elect them. What are you crying about now?nasmeh
Most interesting is they're introducing double billing practice. We're not only shortchanged around Maribor compared to "pure-blooded" Mariborans who pay less. nasmeh
(+4)like
Page:12345...293031
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies