Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      
List of forums / Slovenia / General talks / Avalanche equipment

Avalanche equipment

Print
JusAvgustin7. 12. 2010 19:18:48
otherwise it's the same every year!jezen winter comes and you all rush in. do you need crampons and ice axe for ascent? I don't have ice axe and crampons, is it safe enough without them? and then someone says you don't need crampons and ice axe not knowing that conditions (can) change completely overnight! and then someone comes and "boasts" that ascent to high mountains in winter conditions is a walk, that Triglav (example) is reachable without winter gear, that conditions reporters are absolutely exaggerating and folk should ignore us! only when avalanche sweeps our self-absorbed ass away, then we'll ask "damn why don't I know how to use transceiver and why didn't I go properly equipped into the woods?
you can't believe it! will this year's harvest be as full as last year? how many went?(rest in peace) that's why, it's all for that. gaiters and pants, maybe something to drink! I spit on that!
like
ljubitelj gora7. 12. 2010 19:27:31
geolog79
It all depends on which mountain we go to. I aimed for lowland ones, those that are very trodden, unproblematic, safe etc, not like Kredarica in winter time or some Stol or Mojstrovka...
like
aljazek7. 12. 2010 19:34:02
Lowland ones are usually so underestimated that something happens even earlier.

- nicely trodden: aha, then usually ice forms on the path earlier and higher chance of slipping...or some limb breaks
- unproblematic, safe: well, sooner or later Nature will show you that it's only apparent or conditions can change quickly
like
JusAvgustin7. 12. 2010 19:34:08
why do you think it was aimed at you? you're not the only one on the portal. "Anyway geolog79, ice axe is good also if you slip, so you can catch yourself on it, not just for climbing. It's true all this gear costs. So you don't tempt fate and go, like me e.g., to less dangerous and steep areas." obviously you didn't understand what I wanted to say with my previous post...nasmeh
like
bele jani8. 12. 2010 08:41:57
No need to go high into mountains. Post on TK Gora, Saturday, Jakob pri Katarini:
Below I notice that a quite big avalanche had already gone from Roga to NW side, and it avalanched also north of Jakob ridge above the farm in 30m width
like
PrimožL8. 12. 2010 09:29:41
Or such popular and underestimated Kamniški vrh. On Sunday afternoon I counted as many as 4 small avalanches.
like
tol9. 12. 2010 18:06:24
If anyone needs I can arrange Pieps freeride probe (new, with warranty, from Slovenian shop) for 127 eur.

info private.
like
tol9. 12. 2010 19:13:44
indeed.

Well when there's no more action, they'll still be available at 127 eur price velik nasmeh
like
Page:12345
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies