Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      
List of forums / Slovenia / General talks / Clothing for hiking in the mountains

Clothing for hiking in the mountains

Print
Stone21. 06. 2025 15:11:03
Hello. I'm interested in how you care for your down jackets, how often you wash them, storage. I quickly ruined one, and it wasn't cheap. After washing the down didn't redistribute at all to original shape. A cheaper one endured many washes without issue, though now after years it's not in the same state anymore, it's thinned quite a bit. But much more satisfied with it. Is it better to really wash down jackets completely separately, without other clothes, with tennis balls? And drying, so that down redistributes nicely? I always shook the down jacket multiple times after washing, during drying, so down would go back to original shape. Seems it was better in the dryer than outside. Stored folded or on hanger. Bought a new one, really don't want to ruin this one, so interested in your experiences, what am I doing wrong. Already thinking of switching only to synthetic. zadrega Thanks.
like
Stone21. 06. 2025 23:12:17
Turbo, thanks a lot for the advice.
like
Page:123...141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies