Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Clothing for hiking in the mountains

Print
gorolazka13. 10. 2015 19:20:36
Discounted Marmot at Annapurna in Lj.
like
blazek3313. 10. 2015 20:10:42
(+2)like
grega_z_brega13. 10. 2015 21:06:29
it will stick out from the ass too, where does that fit...
like
blazek3313. 10. 2015 22:01:16
No, I gave a link to good touring ski pants which I have myself and am very satisfied with them, and Slovenian product too, that's all.
(+1)like
sjevnika14. 10. 2015 07:45:01
Thanks to all for the help.
"Blazek33" can you send me the link via PM? Thanks.
Hope I find something good, not easy though.

best regards all, Saša
(+1)like
JanB24. 10. 2015 11:33:45
Usually I don't post on forums, but when I stumbled on this debate by chance I'd like to scold you that you RECOMMEND/BUY TOO FEW Slovenian producers. jezen My heart just breaks thinking you pay tons of money for 'brands' that aren't...arcteryx, patagonia, mammut, milo, northface etc. intersport crap I won't mention at all....etc... etc.- plain Chinese/Bangladeshi, pay poor workers 1 dollar/day, then slap on 5000% markup!
Easiest is just reselling, no one wants to work anymore, and maybe offer a job to some Slovene or Slovenian seamstress.

I've seen some Slovenian and full praise to those who respect and value it!

slovenian clothing producers: On-line, Kuka extreme, Gornik, Leny,...
slovenian footwear producers: Proalp, Planika, (Alpina sadly no more)..
socks: jakopina,...

..and others...

I've kinda settled on Kuka clothes (last year bought hiking pants, two tracksuits, this year softshell jacket too - sewn in Železniki) and Proalp shoes (use low and mid-high hiking shoes, summer sandals, made in Lom-Tržič)- top! Cool design and quality from both mentioned brands (maybe miss just design, bright colors and modern cuts from other Slovenes). Really top stuff, and they make effort, listen to wishes and adjust cut for you, for me e.g. added side vents, bottom zippers and velcro. For shoes chose my colors, made in couple days. And now both at location in Domača vas Kranj - next to each other. Highly recommend!
(+4)like
čeveljc24. 10. 2015 21:08:52
I also support Slovenian knowledge/work/employees ... Pity that makers don't use Slovenian names for companies and products too. Probably less trouble selling abroad, in Slovenia Slovenian buyers might pay more attention to them and buy more - those for whom it matters. Anyway thanks for the tip ...nasmeh
(+1)like
_d_28. 02. 2016 20:41:03
Something small has been written about Zajo clothing, but I'm interested if anyone has ordered online? You order from the Slovenian website, but they ship from Slovakia. Has anyone returned purchased goods (exchanged or even returned because it didn't fit and no other size did) and got a refund? I'm deciding to buy, but in Slovenia I can't try the product, I have quite a problem buying pants and jacket (length of pant legs, waist width, sleeve length on the jacket so it's not too wide later...) Thanks for the info.
(+1)like
darinka428. 02. 2016 21:04:55
I bought for the first time at all, a jacket from Slovenian manufacturer Kuk Extreme from Železniki. Actually, I waited for the product about 14 days, because they didn't have the color I wanted in stock. It fits me perfectly.
(+2)like
vandica129. 02. 2016 09:08:36
I ordered a t-shirt and winter pants Zajo online, received the package within 5 days and everything was fine, so I have no experience with returns, but very satisfied with what I purchased.
like
sandij7429. 02. 2016 11:35:10
I exchanged Zajo pants without problems. Good experiences already twice. Lp
like
GregorC29. 02. 2016 13:23:42
The Kuk Extreme store is now also located in Kranj, namely in Domača vas (Primskovo).
(+1)like
Majdag29. 02. 2016 14:34:48


... Domača vas (Primskovo) is a covered market, behind the Mercator store.
(+2)like
Pogačica24. 10. 2016 13:43:06
Hello,
I'd like advice regarding the purchase of a puffer jacket. The decision for synthetic filling has already been made. Does anyone have experiences and can recommend a really very warm model? I don't need it for during movement, I've never been so cold in my life while moving that I'd need a puffer jacket, but rather to put on at the top or in case of bivouac overnight and similar. When I stop and cool down I'm abnormally cold-sensitive and really need something very warm. Given that prices are sky-high, I don't want to miss out on the purchase.

Thanks for any advice or experience!
(+3)like
SamoK24. 10. 2016 16:55:53
At least down to -20 it's much more sensible to dress (and undress) in layers. With today's excellent materials the jacket is more or less a relic of the past.
(+2)like
jax24. 10. 2016 17:30:50
I'm also among those who claim that the puffer jacket is more or less an unnecessary expense. It is true that people are different and I've already argued with many on this topic.
(+3)like
Dr.ejči24. 10. 2016 19:15:37
Eko, Jaka, you can agree with me right away big smile...my opinion is like this: the jacket is, at least for me, such a synthetic one with hollow fibers, indispensable piece of clothing!!!!...warms even when wet, packs much smaller than any fleece, puffy vest and similar...(not to mention "softshell" which is the most senseless and wrong purchase for me)winking
Samo, the jacket is also one of the layers, right???rolling eyes
But the fact is there are no rules and everyone has to study for themselves what fits and what not...I'm myself, besides "primaloft" in the jacket, a proponent of wool...it does its job 100%, even when wet...especially the smell is much more acceptable...big smile

(+6)like
Zebdi25. 10. 2016 09:21:30
I swear by down. For me Craft's long-sleeved shirt works best for hiking and thick down jacket for summit/longer stops. During hike if needed I also use very thin windstopper, that's it.

Primaloft didn't quite convince me, although I usually take it for waterfalls - if expecting longer waiting on belays.
(+2)like
Romilh28. 11. 2016 12:50:33
Hello, does anyone own the two-layer Pinguin Alpin ACD jacket by chance. Wondering if it's worth its price?
More on the link: http://www.kibuba.com/oblacila/jakne/nepremocljive-jakne/alpinisticne/nepremocljiva-jakna-pinguin-alpin-acd
Thanks for replies and best regards.
(+1)like
Page:123...1213141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies