Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Clothing for hiking in the mountains

Print
mukica12. 11. 2014 06:39:54
I prefer Schoeller, I have 3xdry too...especially in winter they rocknasmeh
(+1)like
sirt112. 11. 2014 09:07:49
Schoeller uses 3xdry.
like
ljubitelj gora12. 11. 2014 11:42:01
In winter you need real mountaineering pants meant for winter sports; in the catalog below it specifically says "recommend for winter sports". If there's no such label, I don't know if they'll be good for winter. But don't buy those intended only for winter, because you can't wear them in summer. I have them and there's no need for additional long underwear. Tested in cold to -20°C without wind, with wind -30°C and more; if somewhere it starts freezing, it's the hands, face; the biggest problem is the chest area if you cool too fast and have no extra clothes, it's hard to descend safely. I almost have no mountaineering gear except pants, I manage myself; if money is no issue, buy them, and in winter don't forget sunglasses, cream, good gloves, balaclava....
(+2)like
mukica12. 11. 2014 12:08:08
I noticed, the material is much much worse quality than old good Schoeller... already after a month or two it fuzzes jezen... at least for me... front where it touches the attached backpack and back on lumbar already feels like sewn hedgehogs eek
(+3)like
krist212. 11. 2014 19:37:07
For me in winter it works: combination of long kdry underwear pants, over them Schoeller pants. In fall and spring I skip long underwear, in summer I use thinner long pants.

I agree. I haven't found better pants than Schoeller ones either.
like
sirt113. 11. 2014 11:50:57
Schoeller or 3xdry?
Check what materials are used.
www.zajo.net/si/drugo-hlače-moški/argon-pants-black.p98-1.html
Once again - 3xdry is Schoeller's fabric manufacturing technology!
(+1)like
krist213. 11. 2014 22:16:15
Have you ordered anything from Zajo.net lately? I plan to. But 20% VAT and ordering terms in English bothered me a bit. One never knows...
like
smatjaz13. 11. 2014 22:26:38
I don't know which page you searched but here it's in SLO language: http://www.zajo.net/si
like
krist213. 11. 2014 23:11:55
On the same page. They only have the terms and conditions in English, which with 20% VAT is a bit strange. Checking just out of caution. Link: http://www.zajo.net/si/terms-and-conditions.c.si-212.html

like
zico1024. 11. 2014 12:43:54
I'm faced with buying quality pants for the mountains, to be useful in late autumn, winter and spring time, so I'd ask for some advice from experienced mountaineers.
I've browsed all possible online stores and narrowed down to the following:

http://www.iglusport.si/hlace-gorniske-alpin-pro-2
Probably the best pants spec-wise, but also most expensive, worth their price?

http://www.iglusport.si/?mod=store&action=viewProduct&action_id=33848&language=sl
Caught my eye most as attractive, but don't know how they'd perform in cold or wet weather?

http://www.kibuba.com/?cID=79&pID=6681
Don't know the brand nor how they compare to the above pants.

Shortlisted these three, would appreciate opinions, also if anyone knows better pants at similar price I'd be very grateful mežikanje

like
zico1025. 11. 2014 10:14:51
Thanks for the suggestions, I'm interested in experiences with Kibuba pants compared to Karibuji ones with Schoeller?
like
JusAvgustin25. 11. 2014 11:25:54
I recommend On-Line to you. Best Slovenian quality! http://www.on-line.si/
Makalu pants are simply phenomenal!mežikanje
like
lynx25. 11. 2014 13:42:22
just first check both size sets, as for my proportions they don't have ideal cut.
like
Smetar25. 11. 2014 18:22:48
Karibuji pants (Polar 2) are more for snow tours and serve me excellently. Good thermal insulation.


Don't have Kibuba pants, at least not this model, so can't say anything...

regards
like
ljubitelj gora26. 11. 2014 23:59:13
Personally go to the store and try them.
(+3)like
zico103. 12. 2014 09:55:36
Thanks for the advice. Then I did as ljubitelj gora said and went to iglu and kibuba and measured certain models, consulted the saleswoman and finally got Karibuji alpin pro 2, they are all-year ones, but for winter tours long underwear underneath and I think there won't be a problem. Thanks for the advice
(+2)like
sjevnika13. 10. 2015 13:16:53
Hello,

please provide any information or experience with ZAJO clothes. I would like to buy pants for ski touring and a jacket that would serve as protection from wind and rain. Or information where to get something optimal in quality/price ratio.

Thanks to everyone, even those who will have fun this way or that.

Saša
(+3)like
Zebdi13. 10. 2015 17:10:54
quality/price? Definitely Decathlon mežikanje
like
Page:123...111213141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies