Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Clothing for hiking in the mountains

Print
JusAvgustin21. 02. 2014 06:00:53
"jax": but for Slovenian high mountains it will suffice-also for winter... you serious?! Azael already answered you, couldn't agree more with his last sentence.
like
Zebdi21. 02. 2014 09:29:27
Well, it's all very relative. Sometimes they had woolen pullovers and still climbed wonders.. big
(+11)like
Azael21. 02. 2014 11:52:46
True! The woolen pullover still lacks nothing today, well maybe it's too heavy compared to fleece.
And even with woolen pullovers there's a difference whether it's well cut and thick or too thin, stretched, holey... Which one would you take with you to the mountains?
like
geppo21. 02. 2014 16:46:38
I in January climbed over 2200m just in pullover. Forgot softshell jacket at home...
That one, Tuš's for pennies (cca. 30 eur.)smile
But weather looked good and forecast too and didn't turn back.
Usually anyway crumpled in backpack. Worn from dry juniper twigs, resinous and often "nuca" me so I sit on it...
Usually even below zero just in vest. When wind blows happily pull it from backpack.
Otherwise just sweat under it.
True, don't sweat in bad weather in gullies and couloirs and don't wait at "štant". For my needs it works. Not meant to promote don't need anything fancy to mountains but ....
When meet super dressed and equipped on normal paths and conditions who want to share advice with others then I smile a bit....
photo is about 30 years oldsmile
lp
Spring traverse (Toprov rugzok, home-shortened long velvet pants, Polzela woolen red socks, Alpinini light shoes, of course Salewa smuggled ice axe, on the left hand Seiko 5.1
(+17)like
cico21. 02. 2014 19:13:58
Bravo, I fully sign under your writing,
otherwise is that traverse under Brana?
(+3)like
jax21. 02. 2014 20:55:50
"jax": but for Slovenian high mountains it will suffice-also for winter... you serious?! Azael already answered you, couldn't agree more with his last sentence.

You know, there's also some gear that's basically free, called weather forecast. For me even winter in mountains actually more often hot than cold.
(+6)like
roman123421. 02. 2014 21:08:08
Bought Polartec power shield jacket ZAJO Volcano and another fleece Polartec classic 200. I think great just need one good windbreaker.lp
(+2)like
geppo21. 02. 2014 21:48:00
cico
Kopinškova in early spring
Under Brana the so-called "Okrešelj express" is not such a steep traverse...
lp
(+2)like
JusAvgustin22. 02. 2014 08:46:03
"jax" mid-mountain is NOT high-mountain. zavijanje z očmi
like
Azael22. 02. 2014 13:28:46
@geppo: "But when I meet superbly dressed and equipped on normal paths and conditions, when they want to share advice with everyone else, I just smile a little...."

Aren't those the cops placed in spring on pilgrimage paths warning Czechs in sneakers? jezik
like
Azael22. 02. 2014 13:39:15
@roman1234: "I just need one good windbreaker"

Have you checked discounted items in stores?
For example: Patagonia MS Piolet for 195€ (Iglu).
like
JusAvgustin22. 02. 2014 13:46:30
For two-layer it's still too much in my opinion... These prices are crazy-crazy...
(+2)like
Azael22. 02. 2014 13:52:46
I assume he doesn't exactly need a three-layer one, but still better 200 than 300€ (full price)

I agree prices are high... or we have too little money velik nasmeh
(+1)like
roman123422. 02. 2014 13:56:38
200 is quite a lot yeah. I'll google a bit, should get it cheaper. lp In America they sell it for 120 so...
(+1)like
geppo22. 02. 2014 14:02:16
No Azael, I didn't mean the cops.velik nasmeh
Last time I experienced this at the exit from Turski žleb. There was such a specimen dug in with a full set of picks from a famous brand. I watched him for ten minutes and couldn't figure out if he was going up or down. Meanwhile he blocked everyone else (on good conditions there's a queue here on weekends) and gave warnings everywhere.
He didn't forget to emphasize that he trains with both picks. Meanwhile he was going up and down blocking everyone else. He found the right spot for "training"....velik nasmeh
He found a fault with me too..mrk pogled
he was really equipped stylishly (and I wasn't jealous at all... )
lp
(+5)like
dprapr22. 02. 2014 14:02:42
They say clothes make the man..., but above 2000m it's different!
(+6)like
JusAvgustin22. 02. 2014 14:20:04
hahahahaha, geppo traumatic experience behind you...
like
Busterman22. 02. 2014 14:24:13
Eh smart alecks are like a constant % in the mountains whenever you go.
like
geppo22. 02. 2014 14:30:29
I've met quite a few such arrogant individuals in these years...
off-trail areas are still peaceful for now and I hope it stays that way for a while....zavijanje z očmi
lp
(+5)like
gorolazka22. 02. 2014 15:35:44
My experience too.

A few years ago I most liked to go mountain hiking in regular cotton sweatpants. In the backpack I carried spare clothes from renowned brands.
At the start of the path over Komar, still as sweatpants girl, I meet a PD group.
They literally got scared for me, if I got lost, if I even know which path I'm going.... I let them go ahead, as I know if I joined them, they'd be responsible for me...that they obviously feared a lot.
After a while I changed into fancy mountain clothes and caught up with them. Suddenly they showed a completely different face, were friendly, praised me...I overtook them and...yes since then I know that unfortunately in mountains too clothes make the attitude to fellow man.
(+9)like
Page:123...910111213141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies