Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Clothing for hiking in the mountains

Print
jax22. 02. 2014 22:22:45

JusAvgustin
22.2.2014 "jax" mid-mountains are NOT high mountains. rolling eyes

Applies also above 2000.
like
Azael22. 02. 2014 22:31:23
What should one wear then, so as not to look lost in the mountains or, worse, overdressed?
like
geppo23. 02. 2014 08:33:45
We really overcomplicated everything...nasmeh
Get what your wallet allows and you'll feel good in that product and it will serve its purpose.
I didn't mean someone being "predobro dressed" or overequipped.
I just want to say that in recent years with the popularity of hiking, the availability of any item and manufacturer, distinctions and arrogance also appear in the mountains, which before was only present in the valley...
lp
(+19)like
MANGRT23. 02. 2014 19:35:21
gepo
that last sentence, that, that says the most bravo.
(+8)like
VanSims23. 02. 2014 21:38:25
I go to the mountains in lower sweatpants, in summer a t-shirt on top, in autumn and spring a sweater and some jacket. And I don't worry at all about what others will say.

Of course, I also have a sweater and warm, waterproof clothes in my backpack even in summer.
like
Azael24. 02. 2014 22:03:31
Anyone noticed this new micro firm?

-JÖTTNAR-

Down jacket is unique, jacket also not bad. Looks like they have own ideas not just copy/paste.

Wonder how Neoshell will hold up long-term.
like
JusAvgustin25. 02. 2014 06:00:39
cheap...jezik
like
Azael25. 02. 2014 21:06:48
For such rank completely normal/acceptable prices.
like
Azael4. 03. 2014 19:04:10
At Canada Goose they got the idea for a new "technical" color jezik (unfortunately or fortunately the down jacket in that shade isn't in the catalog)
Pink is the new black1
(+3)like
mtblanc16. 04. 2014 08:01:34
Hello, I'll just ask here so I don't open a new thread. I'm very sensitive regarding weather especially in springtime I catch cold quickly because I sweat on the way to the top, at the top it blows through me and I'm done for a couple days. I'm deciding to buy a Gore clothing set from the website http://www.sb-shop.si/kolesarstvo/kolesarska-oblacila/moska-oblacila does anyone have any experiences with this? From this site I've already ordered cycling gear and was satisfied with the product quality and purchase. Thanks for the answer
like
Flora118. 04. 2014 21:33:45
I have Gore Windstopper, for a tenner. Nothing blows through.
Regarding cold I recommend changing into dry clothes at the top (including dry underwear), regardless if you have Gore jacket or not.
(+3)like
viharnik18. 04. 2014 21:48:28
That Gore jacket is probably membrane, so consequently even colder in it. Especially for temps around 0°C or more now in spring, better to wear non-membrane softshell. It wicks sweat better, protects enough from non-soaking wind and breathes at the same time, which is most important uphill hiking. I use Rab Scimitar double knit, non-membrane, don't miss any membrane.
http://rab.uk.com/products/mens-clothing/soft-shell/scimitar-jacket.html
like
miri18. 04. 2014 21:48:51
God forbid I'd be there when you're changing underwear.velik nasmeh
like
viharnik18. 04. 2014 21:57:24
Miri, I always thought you were a girlvelik nasmeh
like
miri18. 04. 2014 22:00:34
@viharnik, you're not the only one. Diminutive of Mirko. They call me that since birth.nasmeh
like
viharnik18. 04. 2014 22:03:13
Definitely wise and wittynasmeh
(+1)like
krist29. 11. 2014 23:54:23
And who knows the products of the Zajo company? Some products seem quite affordable price-wise? I'm currently looking for merino wool underwear.

Link:http://www.zajo.net/si/o-nas.c.si-103.html
(+1)like
potočan10. 11. 2014 20:31:54
In my opinion, quite good quality stuff and reasonably priced.
like
smatjaz10. 11. 2014 21:16:03
I have 3xdry hiking pants and I'm very satisfied with them
like
krist211. 11. 2014 20:01:46
Thanks. If I decide, I'll post how it performed. Smatjaz, have you tried Schoeller pants? I'm interested in the comparison with 3xdry.
like
Page:123...10111213141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies