Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Spik (Black Walls)

Print
JORDAN10. 07. 2023 12:13:46
Yesterday on Špik hude police. Path without peculiarities, only lots of people and ibex along the path and on the path. On return we bathed in Rabeljsko jezero. Curiosity: no toll or parking at Pecol, no parking or entrance fee at Rabeljsko jezero.
At the start1
rest2
Along the path3
Towards Viš4
towards Montaž5
Summit6
Along the path7
On the path8
????????what is this?9
The hut beckons10
Nani was with us too11
Towards the parking lot12
Rabeljsko Lake13
(+6)like
2061alessio11. 07. 2023 08:28:47
as soon as I see picture no. 9 it makes me angryjezen, totally furious! they destroy all mountain paths, braking downhill makes a channel because then storm and water dig deep and none of them repairs the trail, just waiting for someone to crash into a person/hiker, this is new civilization.mrk pogled
(+15)like
Polenta11. 07. 2023 09:41:49
Calm Alessio, calm... not all mountain bikers are the same, just like not all hikers or drivers on roads etc...
I ride this path regularly every year and there are no bike channels or tire damage on it. Because the riding style in high mountains is completely different from what you see on bike trails. Also the frequency of cyclists on such paths is very limited. You forget that mountain bikers are also hikers, mountaineers, climbers/alpinists, even path markers. It's beautiful in the mountains and it's right that we are all responsible for the paths and know how to coexist and be respectful. Just like in everyday life.
(+8)like
julius11. 07. 2023 14:36:17
Polenta!??.
Are you sure that in picture no. 9 everything is really as it should be?
You're probably sure it is, and the hiking trail disturbs the idyll.
Bravo!!
(+10)like
2061alessio11. 07. 2023 16:37:20
I've been on the ground for 20 years, voluntarily repairing mtn. paths (those marked with number and red-white marks), so far NO mountain biker has helped/participated in repairing a destroyed path, I have a bunch of photos of path conditions years before and after "tire tracks" + photos of mountain bikers -ita-slo-aut-ger-hr- in our areas, you could use unmarked paths because in FJK there are kilometers more than the marked ones (yes of course they are not maintained so you don't know the condition); regarding frequency: that was maybe before E-bikes and smartphones and "everything allowed"/"tutto dovuto" generation, sooner or later there will be an accident, unfortunately it's not your terrain, the hiking generation is before you.
(+13)like
Janez Seliškar11. 07. 2023 17:02:55
Mountain biking should be prohibited on mountain paths, any kind. Even hikers destroy the paths too much.
(+9)like
dprapr11. 07. 2023 18:09:29
Cyclists can be banned from riding on mountain trails. The next step might be banning hiking on pathless terrain. Do we want these bans? One leads to another, and everywhere there is a group of people who don't want it. We have already experienced "forbidden" mountains, I hope never again.
(+6)like
Trobec11. 07. 2023 18:19:47
Cycling on mountain trails is prohibited in most cases anyway. Allowed only where the hiking path follows an existing road/track. At least that's how it is here, I don't know about Italy.

But the problem is the attitude. A responsible cyclist can assess for himself where he can go, where he would damage the trail too much and better get off the bike. Sadly fewer people have responsibility to others, more are those for whom only own achievements and likes matter. Let alone doing something voluntary for others.
(+7)like
VojkoHribolazec11. 07. 2023 19:01:28
Hikers already loosen rocks on hikers below, let alone cyclists 🤔 And on Sunday there were really a huge number of people. If they risk their own head on such trails I don't mind, but need to think of others too
(+5)like
Polenta11. 07. 2023 20:46:40
I agree with that, that the tour could be done during the week and at a much earlier hour.
Sadly probably not everyone has that option. As said... with a bit of common sense a lot can be done, it's an individual matter, so we shouldn't put everyone in the same basket and condemn indiscriminately.
like
julius11. 07. 2023 21:45:27
dprapr!
Since I've been hiking mountains for over 60 years, I'm really curious when and where we experienced "forbidden" mountains. That's a big riddle for me also because SPP celebrates 70 years this year.
Please really clarify for me your "dark, gloomy" times of bans on hiking mountains.
Thanks in advance.
(+1)like
Trobec11. 07. 2023 22:26:00
Those bans were not so long ago...in the former regime, when officially you couldn't even go to the neighboring municipality mežikanje
(+6)like
dprapr11. 07. 2023 22:28:07
Probably you only visited your house mountain, so you don't have that experience.nasmeh
(+2)like
julius12. 07. 2023 14:55:02
dprar
Don't chatter! Answer the concrete question with evidence, not wriggle like a worm.
So you don't bother with "house" mountain, I tell you only that I go there 3-5 times a year. The rest across our wide homeland and whole Europe (also former Yugoslav states).
Now come on with the facts.
(+2)like
darinka412. 07. 2023 15:18:11
Matej, since you mention cyclists, yesterday I was a bit surprised when on the descent to Zadnjica we met two foreign cyclists who were confidently riding up the hill somewhere. Of course with e-bikes. The mulatiera as we know what it's like. And don't think they reduced speed at all. Rocks from under the wheels were flying around.
(+3)like
dprapr12. 07. 2023 15:33:54
Did you julius mean me with dprar?nasmeh
I don't owe you any proof. But I can comfort you, I didn't mean covid and its restrictions for health protection, which were a real balm compared to the current crowd, but precisely former Yugo and its border guards. I had problems with them several times. Either they harassed with endless questions and lecturing (under Peca) or even banned ascent to the hill (Olševa). Not to mention document checks even at Okrešelj. As if we were criminals and not alpinists climbing there.
(+5)like
tomo_kugy12. 07. 2023 18:01:57
@drapr
They made sure you weren't smuggling coffee across the bordernasmeh
(+1)like
rensul13. 07. 2023 21:25:53
I don't get it, cyclists riding on mountain paths bother you. But tractors dragging logs every which way and gouging marked paths, turning them into a muddy skating rink, nobody wants to see that behaviour. And when they leave devastation behind after logging. Branches and other debris lie for a couple of months across marked hiking paths (Gajškova pot to Pristava, Jelenkamen from Ukove ....).
(+5)like
djimuzl13. 07. 2023 21:56:12
I doubt these cyclists are landowners over whose land the marked footpaths run - unlike those tractor drivers in the cases you mention...
(+8)like
VanSims14. 07. 2023 10:35:22
Ban cyclists from riding on mountain paths. Amen! That's also the case in Austria. There they can't even ride on forest roads. Not even on their own responsibility.
(+8)like
Page:123...1213141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies