Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Toll booths on Vršič and in Vrata

Print
LISAC6. 08. 2026 21:34:02
oldtimer55 I agree, I'm interested in the same. Good evening.
like
mojegore7. 08. 2026 07:19:39
It was known that there would be even bigger chaos on Vršič this year than usual. The existing parking spaces were dug up for a year, filled with construction material, various junk and machines. It seems that they deliberately waited for the peak of the tourist season, in order to justify the installation of barriers and especially, charging. I hope that after the next local elections, the municipal bureaucrats led by Henrika Zupan will become former. Just like the former state secretary of the former minister Alenka Bratušek, Jernej Pavlič, who in league with the former management of TNP, did the most damage to Slovenian mountaineering by restricting access to the mountains, expensive, ill-considered decisions and greedy charging. I hope that the new officials will act in favor of mountain lovers.
(+10)like
Daaam7. 08. 2026 07:43:00
This system is doomed to fail. Already in theory it's on very shaky legs, in practice it will be a flop. All these educated heads don't understand the psychology of the masses. It's impossible that at the very start everyone will correctly line up at the ramps and turning and reversing here and there and puzzled looks and despair. And in the end we users will be to blame because we don't understand how they imagined it and again we'll be irresponsible because we don't follow the instructions and don't use the bus and all their platitudes they serve us daily. Because the main purpose of everything is probably to collect money, maybe it would be better if instead of from ****** they build a chapel they put up that sign that has already embittered our lives -easy park and strengthen the wardens on the pass and that's it .. You don't need to be a rocket scientist. The passage over the pass will be smooth those 80 spots at the top let them shove them somewhere and fleece the tourists... -horror where we've come to ..
(+7)like
darinka47. 08. 2026 07:54:25
They are educated and smart - nothing you can do.zavijanje z očmi I won't forget the interview on Lj 1 when the journalist asked mayor Henrika Zupan if there would be any discount for PZS members. She said there will be no discount. The same payable for everyone. Sad where we've come to. Anyway for some time now we prefer to go across the border where there are quite a few starting points and nice tours.
(+8)like
mimi1297. 08. 2026 09:24:43
Vršič is beautiful, Kr. Gora is beautiful… Crowds are not only in our mountain areas, but the way they approach this problem is different. Fresh experience from Livigno. Given that the Olympics were there this year, the crowds were appropriately greater than last year. However, free buses run non-stop to the starting points for tours (55 + 12 stops). Parking is paid only at the starting points where free parking (I assume) would cause crowds. Parking in the center of Livigno gets more expensive in proportion to the increasing crowds, which is not annoying if you come to these places to hike and not to shop and sit in bars. Not everything is free there either. Parking needs to be managed smartly, which is lacking in Slovenian tourism. Or rather, greed has replaced smartness.
Since this is the Italian-Swiss border, I'll maliciously add that we will never be Italy in tourism, let alone Switzerland. I would rather not talk about the price and comfort of the apartment. Well, or yes. The accommodation offers mountain and trekking bikes (without electricity) for free. Of course, they are suitable for less enthusiastic cyclists, because enthusiasts bring their own. Another reason why you don't need a car to get to the free parking at the starting point.
(+7)like
mimi1297. 08. 2026 10:25:35
Turbo, we also hiked around Bormio.
Above Bormio (starting point Zebru, Cevdedale) there is a beautiful Valle dei Forni (2,000 m, ).
Until covid the road there was free and accordingly adrenaline-filled. After covid they nicely arranged it and the toll is 10 €. You understand the payment, because nothing is free and if it's within some reasonable limits.
(+2)like
Trobec10. 08. 2026 10:51:41
I also join Mimi and Bojan nasmeh
Just back from the Dolomites. The first half of August is indeed the busiest time there. Plus, the Olympics were on this year.
We paid for parking only once in 4 days, €8 for the van for the whole day. The Giau and Fedaia passes are free, as are the starting points a bit lower below the passes.
Despite the heavy crowds, it’s still possible to park normally until around 9 o’clock. Most of the traffic congestion isn’t caused by hikers but by people who prefer later hours, so the parking areas fill up later as a result.
(+4)like
miri10. 08. 2026 11:15:18
Even though the water level is low, quite a bit of water will still flow before something changes in favor of the hikers.
(+4)like
Daaam15. 08. 2026 10:57:31
...the point is how much money they will demand for the reservation. If it was free I wouldn't say anything, but when the article praises Vintgar, Tolmin Gorges and similar spots so much it seems to me the system will just be an upgrade of the current state to rip you off as much as possible when visiting TNP. For one-time guests not so painful as for us "who live a bit outside the biosphere area of TNP" additional hints are that this wouldn't apply only to TNP but also more broadly. And at the end a bitter praise for the media approach - the same article appeared today in various unrelated media, which proves the planned preparation of people for restrictions. Platitudes that they are only thinking I don't buy. Probably already decided. And to get back to the beginning. Let them "have the balls" and introduce restrictions as free only with a reservation system, if they care so much. But what when in between we read again .. "guests with higher added value" - I know who that is?! right?

https://n1info.si/novice/slovenija/kmalu-omejitve-obiska-v-triglavskem-narodnem-parku-kaksen-sistem-se-obeta/
https://www.dnevnik.si/novice/slovenija/triglavskemu-narodnemu-parku-grozi-kolaps-za-obisk-gora-kmalu-obvezne-rezervacije-2821687/
https://www.sta.si/3588037/ob-vse-mnozicnejsem-obisku-tnp-se-v-prihodnje-obetajo-nove-omejitve
https://tv3m.si/article/zaradi-mnozicnega-obiska-tnp-se-obetajo-nove-omejitve
https://avaz.ba/vijesti/region/1065232/zbog-velikih-guzvi-slovenija-ogranicava-broj-posjeta-nacionalnom-parku-triglav
(+7)like
mojegore15. 08. 2026 18:55:47
By the way. Currently 'Krma' is being 'processed'. Parking outside 'P', which otherwise has no marked extent and the boundary determination depends mainly on the TNP 'gentleman' warden, will cost you 500 €... I'm afraid that with such usury someone's film will honestly burst.
(+4)like
vitan15. 08. 2026 19:48:02
Hello,

after reading all this, which really makes one sick, I first ask myself why we even have the Alpine Association of Slovenia? We are obviously good for paying membership fees, but when they should stand up for our positions on behalf of hikers there is silence?!? Thanks to Turbo for the contribution of Mr. Darko Mulej, who selflessly fights a battle with the mills of justice for all of us, instead of the PZS listening to the problems of our hikers and representing us with its strength and influence in the fight against the illegal practices of municipal sheriffs in court. I remember that not so long ago a petition was signed against the regime in Vrata, which I also signed, but the matter died down. Why, how? Apparently an ordinary mortal or citizen cannot fight against the corrupt system in our country, on the contrary, I think the association could actually do something at the national level.
Another thing: QR codes, reservations etc... this only shows how unfriendly a system towards people is being created today. Does anyone even ask how difficult it must be for the older population and of course everyone else who are not so skilled with newer technologies? Incredible. Next time they should also remember that we will have to reserve and scan a QR code every time we want to eat and go to the toilet. Where is this crazy world going zmeden
(+9)like
LISAC15. 08. 2026 20:09:19
Totally sad really...
(+1)like
artur15. 08. 2026 21:04:24
I was on Montaž on Thursday.
Large parking lot without parking fee and barriers
(+5)like
darinka416. 08. 2026 03:34:40
Just yesterday I drove from our area two and a half hours to the starting point for Jalovec and Bavški Grintavec, a little beyond the source of the Soča. At 6:30 the parking lot was full. Some left their vehicles somewhere near the road. It seems they don't charge there. But regarding the traffic, when these days they write so much that it's chaos, it didn't seem that bad to me. August bustle.
like
j.16. 08. 2026 11:19:44
Kot, last Sunday: a little before six in the morning I got one of the last parking spots. The number of vehicles (I didn't count, around 80) didn't bother me as much as the fact that there is no sign anywhere where parking is allowed or where one might already be in violation. At least, for example, the beginning and end of the area along the track. A term like "at Lengarjev rovt" can be quite broad and allows for draconian fines for violators solely at the discretion of the official who controls it.

I quickly googled where parking is allowed in the area of Mojstrana accesses, but found very little. For example:
- Notice about parking spaces in the Krma and Kot valleys from 2024
- Links in Google maps that exactly show the location, but of course not the parking boundary
- And some lame picture from the long-term TNP plan 2016 - 2025.

I'm attaching all three pictures.

Does anyone know more?
Notice about parking spaces1
Google maps2
TNP long-term plan 2016 - 20253
(+2)like
dprapr16. 08. 2026 12:10:47
Styrians avoid this parking paradise from afar. Nicely via Austrian Carinthia to the Julian Alps in Italy, where there are enough free parking spaces. Once things are sorted, we'll return to these parts again. If it's not too expensive! Oh, QR codes and various apps are really not great for older folks. More for the younger ones!nasmeh
(+2)like
Trobec16. 08. 2026 13:25:15
Daaam, just thinking about these "quotas"... Yesterday I went for the third time in a good half year through Tamar. Before 2x with skis, this time on foot. Well, ran back, but it doesn't matter... Anyway, thousands of tourists who sometimes literally like headless chickens jump here and there. Skiing was in winter in this part more dangerous than through Jalovški ozebnik. And now if (paid) quotas come I don't doubt at all that these tourists, some of whom don't even know how to behave in nature and whose only goal is beer/strudel/... in Tamar, will have priority over us mountaineers...
(+2)like
jernejd16. 08. 2026 14:04:04
By the way, how does the counter for free parking spaces in Vrata work? This morning a little before 3am it was 69, a little after three it dropped to 0 and on the boards it clearly showed red (no free spaces), Is this some kind of peculiarity or did I just have bad luck? Yesterday afternoon and evening I was monitoring this counter and it seemed to work at first glance. And now it works too, it didn't work at least between 3am and 3:30, or rather it was 0 - occupied, when I checked again just in case. Then I was already walking from Krma and the phone was the least of my worries nasmeh.

In Krma I parked all the way at the end on the left side under the tree next to other vehicles (where supposedly parking is allowed)...

Does the warden leave some ticket or do you just get it at home?

Jernej
like
Pero_2416. 08. 2026 14:48:06
Yesterday at 5 AM I went past Mojstrana over Vršič to Zadnjica, and there was already a red X for Vrata.
like
jernejd16. 08. 2026 14:58:59
Hm. But 69 vehicles didn't just jump over the barrier in a few minutes and that at 3am mežikanje. In my opinion the first van driver has to count all free spots in Vrata and only then they release nasmeh. Arrives in Vrata at 5am, then counts for some 15 minutes, then has to report and probably starts again around half past five.

I wrote a mail to tnp, let's see. And tomorrow morning I'll check the counters, maybe there's a logical connection.

Jernej
(+4)like
Page:123...2425262728293031
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies