Toll booths on Vršič and in Vrata
|
| vitan16. 06. 2026 08:49:17 |
Granny, no thanks. We know what public transport is like in our poor country, plus I have neither the time nor the money to afford that as well. Maybe for others this represents a solution, but I don't visit huts unless it's really necessary.
| (+9) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Trobec16. 06. 2026 11:31:18 |
For one of the huts on Vršič I read last year that smelly prešvican hikers are apparently not welcome, because we drive away the "real" tourists... A note from a person who was doing the traverse.
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| vitan16. 06. 2026 11:45:27 |
Horror really. This reminds me of the statement by the Bled tourism management from 2017, when they said that we Slovenians are not welcome at Bled. But this is right, that foreigners use our bivouacs as free accommodation.
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| VelikiZajetnež16. 06. 2026 11:55:43 |
I liked that one better, that the Bled locals should swim in the lake in winter when there are no tourists 
| (+6) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| mikkeni25. 06. 2026 18:46:21 |
Then you can get to Zadnjica without a problem? I'm going up early tomorrow, so there won't be unnecessary panic 🙃
|
|
|
|
| n3jc25. 06. 2026 19:00:29 |
I went by bike yesterday over Vršič - the barriers are raised on both sides and no one is charging there.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| LISAC25. 06. 2026 20:13:31 |
n3jc thanks for the update. Who knows how long it will be like this? Is it even possible, can one park at the top of the pass?
|
|
|
|
| tomo_kugy25. 06. 2026 23:43:40 |
@Lisac It's always fascinating to me how we search for information until we get one that suits us. The most banal example is the weather forecast, where we browse various portals until we find one that offers an acceptable forecast for a certain day, regardless of the fact that 8 other portals gave a forecast that doesn't suit us. For about a month the media has been reporting that this year parking at the top won't be possible because they will arrange the parking lot and the barriers will be raised. Maybe they finish earlier so parking is possible by end of season, but that's not planned. You can leave the car at Erjavčeva hut for 1 euro per hour or 10 euros per day. Or go from Kr. Gore or Bovec with the free bus already at 4.30 when the first one leaves. Or act like a Frenchman and leave the car by the road, ignoring all warnings and traffic signs. Sorry for the slightly sarcastic reply, but there really is a lot of information, also on this portal, you just have to find it. Safe steps.
|
|
|
|
| asdf26. 06. 2026 00:52:50 |
"You can leave the car at Erjavčeva hut for 1 euro per hour or 10 euros per day." Last time I parked there (once last year), I paid more than 10 EUR for about 8 hours. So it seems they raised the prices.
|
|
|
|
| LISAC26. 06. 2026 07:37:31 |
tomo_kugy thanks. Too much of all the madness so I don't know what anymore.
|
|
|
|
| rensul26. 06. 2026 22:22:06 |
tomo_kugy--All-day parking at Erjavčeva koča costs 15€, for eight hours I paid 12 € (25.6. 2026)
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| julius29. 06. 2026 10:21:39 |
Turbo: Mr. Siniša is basically right. But I wonder what good he has done on Vršič, 1/2 of it is in the municipality of Bovec, as mayor, as a long-time MP in RS and in some other position???? I really just wonder that and I don't care which political group he comes from. I would say to Mujo- "Jak na rečima".
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| 1muha29. 06. 2026 12:33:21 |
If I look at the picture there are at least 50 parking spaces at Tičarjev dom. But I don't know since when? Lp.
|
|
|
|
| jbs29. 06. 2026 12:44:58 |
Hm, it really doesn't look like the top of Vršič from the air
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| 1muha29. 06. 2026 12:55:31 |
It does say though. Tičarjev dom and the peak of Vršič are nicely marked. Top of the pass.
|
|
|
|
| julius29. 06. 2026 13:09:37 |
Turbo: You overpaid for this and further sales did not turn out as you calculated. On hribi.net find the map of Vršič and look: where is the top of Vršič, where the municipality of Bovec begins (kiosks on both sides of the road), where the Vršič pass is marked. Bovec politicians have already proven themselves with post-earthquake reconstruction, the cable car on Kanin, mountain huts. Currently not a single one of their huts is operating. Gone to nothing are: Zlatorog in Trenta, the hut on Predel, the burned hut on Kanin, the first hut on Mangart saddle collapsed on its "ass" for them. Where the author of the article has worked so far, uncle "googel" knows. Bojan, don't disappoint us once again.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| asdf29. 06. 2026 13:19:01 |
turbo, from this map you can mainly see why it's not good to trust ChatGPT crap.
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| 1muha29. 06. 2026 13:21:05 |
Everything is clear to me and I know what's happening at the top of the pass, but Sunday "hillwalkers" might understand it differently. For example, if there's no parking along the roads, then it will be at Tičarjev dom, if we're early enough. Because there's no parking there, they park wherever they feel like.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| janezs7329. 06. 2026 13:32:54 |
I hope it is clear to everyone that the attached orthophoto/satellite image is not an image of the Vršič pass, nor a map of the wider area (bottom right). None of this is even approximately similar to the real situation (look at the location of parking lots, roads, turns, location of Tičarjev dom, top of the pass, etc.). Every comment is superfluous.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| asdf29. 06. 2026 13:37:20 |
turbo, did you even look at this "map" before you published it? This mess namely has no connection with reality. Or maybe you're trolling?
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.