Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Toll booths on Vršič and in Vrata

Print
trentarski7. 06. 2026 21:39:31
At the address below there is all the information for the year 2026, if the new administration does not change them. Transit or daily parking, where allowed and still free - not time limited. And I hope it never will be.
https://www.gov.si/novice/2026-05-28-nov-prometni-rezim-na-prelazu-vrsic-v-sezoni-2026-in-zagotovitev-brezplacnega-javnega-prevoza/
(+1)like
jbs7. 06. 2026 22:07:15
Today Vršič at the top was quite nicely parked all over the place... "forbidden"velik nasmeh
(+2)like
vitan12. 06. 2026 11:52:34
I really don't understand some comments.
I clearly wrote that currently the left barrier is raised for ALL! Those traveling over the pass (i.e. transit), as well as those going up to park and please don't try to sell me here that the only "official" parking lots are only at the huts (e.g. Erjavčeva etc.), since we all, who visit Vršič multiple times, know that there are also parking lots right after the top of the pass, looking towards Trenta, there opposite that little house with souvenirs. For me personally bus is not an option, since I start from the parking lot at very early hours, if I want the tour to be carried out as it should, but it's true that for a normal hiker bus is quite a good solution.
Pa lp.
like
Trobec12. 06. 2026 19:11:15
Hja... the barrier is currently raised... it wasn't built with the intention that it would remain raised... But yeah, probably worth taking advantage of while it's still raised..
like
vitan15. 06. 2026 06:36:55
Hello mountain lovers!
I'm sharing fresh news regarding parking on Vršič.
As I secretly expected, things have changed again, as is customary in our country, and they turn like the wind. How glad I am that on Saturday I managed to catch a parking spot at the top for the last time this year! But I was surprised when I drove up and found out that the piece of parking lot I wrote about in the previous report is also closed. After a short panic about what now, I remembered a small piece of land by that souvenir hut, right after it along the road a few steps lower, where I parked some time ago. Thank God I was early again (the time was 2:20velik nasmeh). Others weren't so lucky and by the time I returned, there was only one other car besides mine, like in the old days. The entire upper part of the pass is parked right on the lane, a little here a little there, even by the construction site, so I'm not surprised that it came to this. People are to blame themselves if they think they can get through with the logic that if someone else can park, so can I. But here I'm not talking about serious hikers, but the tourist mob who think they can do whatever. Well, not to stray too much from the topic, this is what was said on the radio today: today a new traffic regime starts operating on the Vršič pass, introducing a barrier system and a complete ban on parking at the top of the pass! Transit across the pass and buses will remain free. The barrier system will be intended for control, counting traffic and informing drivers, since 92 parking spaces at the top have not yet been built, they said.
(+4)like
DVas15. 06. 2026 08:25:37
So, if there's a complete ban on parking at the top, then it won't be possible next to the souvenir hut either?
like
Pero_2415. 06. 2026 09:00:24
Yesterday we still took the opportunity and parked in Vrata for 15eur, today it's already a different tariffvelik nasmeh
(+1)like
vitan15. 06. 2026 09:51:23
DVas, that's how it is. Nowhere, except next to the huts.
(+1)like
ljubitelj gora15. 06. 2026 10:36:56
They will park like in Italy along the road. If they write fines, foreigners will write about it on the internet where tourists are not welcome; our people will then cry and climb a tree when there are no more tourists. This can already be seen now: half as many as before the restrictions. Unless our people do not care about tourists because they get money from the state for little work.
(+1)like
dprapr15. 06. 2026 11:30:02
“ But here I'm not talking about serious hikers, but the tourist rabble who think they can do whatever they want.”
You could explain the difference between the ones and the others.
In my opinion some are by no means rabble, the others are also not serious hikers if they have to start the tour from Vršič already at 2.20!
(+3)like
Daaam15. 06. 2026 14:08:10
#vitan "tourist rabble" is, to put it mildly, a very rude expression. After all, we are all tourists (locals and foreigners) when we go on a trip, and parking behind the house also doesn't set any example for the uneducated. The visitors are not the problem, but rather the local and state authorities who don't know how to manage the flow of people they so diligently invite to see our beautiful country. Instead of some sensible measures, we have a collapse of the system and shearing (us sheep)..
(+4)like
Klemen2415. 06. 2026 14:08:13
"In my opinion some are by no means rabble, others are also not real hikers if they have to start the tour from Vršič already at 2:20!"
Do you really think he started walking at 2h because he is slow?? For some of us the sunrise on the top in peace before the crazy world means a lot...
(+3)like
Trobec15. 06. 2026 14:55:19
Hja...so the local sheriffs got their way..."divide and rule". Instead of anger aimed at them who cooked this up, here it's "bickering" among themselves...
(+12)like
Hammond15. 06. 2026 16:03:57
Dprapr: Or if you go from Vršič to climb Travnik and the routes there might already be a bit borderline - then because of the start, which is later than at two, you can be quite worried about its sunset more than the sunrise. velik nasmeh
(+3)like
Tomco15. 06. 2026 16:38:02
@Trobec: Eh, mutual bickering and all sorts of comments will remain the same on web platforms, even if they made 920 parking spaces on Vršič and all free... nasmeh
(+1)like
dprapr15. 06. 2026 17:44:46
It's not about mutual name-calling.
Still, we can't label someone as rabble here. I myself often am just a tourist in my old age, and I don't think that's right. We've also often discussed the thing about serious or non-serious, real or fake mountaineers. Are we going to start again?
Hammond, isn't Tamar a better starting point for Travnik? And descent along the ridge and via Hanzova back down. There's enough time if you get up at dawn!nasmeh
(+1)like
Hammond15. 06. 2026 20:50:55
Dprapr: depending on what descent you want. Now Tamar might be the only option.
(+1)like
vitan16. 06. 2026 08:43:18
Hello!

It saddens me that from one comment that was obviously misunderstood such a debate develops and due to some being offended and others lecturing I feel obliged to explain what I meant. If I offended anyone, I apologize, but that was not my intention. First about tourists: I am also a tourist and whenever I go on vacation, especially to foreign countries, I behave respectfully there and try to respect their culture, rules and customs. However, I notice that today there are too many arrogant people who do whatever they feel like. Maybe I did use a harsh word in the previous post, but how can one not be angry at people who behave as if everything is theirs? Due to their inappropriate behavior (here I mainly mean not respecting the parking regime) we all suffer. I have also found myself in a situation where I was left without a parking space, but that does not mean I will leave the car in the middle of the road just to stretch my legs and satisfy my curiosity on the pass. In my opinion a serious hiker arrives early (unless of course planning an afternoon tour after work etc.) and leaves the car in a suitable place because he knows he will not return in half an hour and drive on and expects everything to be in perfect order upon return. A good example for me is Logarska dolina where they decided that for those who arrive early enough to park (usually mountain visitors) entry is free; for all others who arrive later parking is paid. So the wolf is fed and the goat is whole. Finally regarding my early arrival: I cannot believe that bothered some. I arrived so early for two reasons: the first was that I had a long tour planned that day; I had to return to the car by 14h. The tour was: Mojstrovke ridge, R. v. Dnine all the way to the end of Šit, descent into the valley, ascent to Lopa and back down and to Vršič. Whoever knows this route knows it is not easy! In addition, despite the sunny forecast dark clouds regularly gathered in the sky and for a moment just below the summit of Lopa a few drops surprised me which fortunately did not stay. Therefore do not judge if you do not know the details; at the same time I ask you this: what is more appropriate in summer, to start early or start late in the afternoon when some storm may appear? Too many times I have witnessed inexperienced people who, when I was already returning to the car, were setting off into the mountains while a storm was already brewing in the sky. As the second reason for early arrival, I knew if I did not come early to Vršič I simply would not get a parking space and how right I was!

Lp and safe step to all further!
(+11)like
babica 516. 06. 2026 08:44:28
Use public transport; in the evening by bus to Vršič, sleep in the hut and at 2:00 you can already start.
like
lepenatka16. 06. 2026 08:48:30
If you have the luck to get a free bed.rolling eyes
(+4)like
Page:123...2122232425...293031
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies