Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Trekking poles

Print
dejanch3. 01. 2017 14:23:55
Hi. I have one question, if anyone can help. I have Ferrino Ultar trekking poles. They're quite ok, only can't get spare baskets anywhere. The ones on them are all cracked, can't find new ones to replace in any store. Leki and Mckinley don't fit. Does anyone know where to get spares? Thanks
Dejan
like
grega_z_brega3. 01. 2017 14:49:21
What if you looked by sizes, not by manufacturer?
like
dejanch3. 01. 2017 15:12:31
I measured them. But nothing fits on. Huh weird stuff these poles are..
like
viharnik3. 01. 2017 15:14:41
Throw the brand away and buy Kohls, which are eternal, Tehnomat Kranj or Fizan cheaper, equally good.
If the company doesn't provide spare parts, then no development behind it but usually stuff comes from the east, "company" just sticks its label on.
True sizes of baskets won't be available, because each manufacturer makes its own to protect its prototype.
like
miri3. 01. 2017 17:47:50
"Eternal", replaceable, renewable you see on previous page.nasmeh
like
palček plezalček3. 01. 2017 18:52:19
I popped into Igla, thought they used to have them. No more spare parts, but lady kindly said bring the poles and they'll find suitable baskets. Worth trying.
(+5)like
dejanch4. 01. 2017 12:48:43
I tried at ours, but they don't go on. I'll go without till I buy new ones, when replacing I'll take some where I can get spare parts. Thanks for answers.
Dejan
(+1)like
grega_z_brega4. 01. 2017 15:12:50
At least it doesn't get stuck between roots and rocks. mežikanje
like
Janezs4. 01. 2017 18:20:04


Hiking poles

Most hikers today carry poles in hands to mountains. But really only about 10% use them. With pole need to push off with pressure from 5 kg on. Also pole placed far ahead doesn't serve purpose (doesn't allow push). Pole must have vidio (Cr. Mo. alloy) tip. Baskets smaller in summer, larger in winter. After many years (17) use notice legs have gone lazy. As with pole help they laze a bit. Also on descent no such balance in legs.
(+4)like
SamoK5. 01. 2017 09:26:37
Dr. Paličar has said his piece.
like
Kleemen21. 12. 2017 15:29:58
I'm interested in which hiking poles you recommend in the price range up to 30 €? So far I have always had McKinley, but it bothers me because the lower (metal) part that prevents the pole from slipping breaks very quickly. Thanks for the help.
like
djimuzl21. 12. 2017 15:54:26
With poles, the price is directly proportional to quality.
(+5)like
Kleemen21. 12. 2017 16:40:25
Which are the best in terms of price and quality? nasmeh
like
Daaam21. 12. 2017 16:42:49
Tehnomat mežikanje
like
Kleemen5. 04. 2018 18:47:37
I bought McKinley poles but I'm not satisfied with the "strap closing". Any other similar ones for 20eur? I'm not demanding, preferably aluminum and with shock absorber.
like
grega_z_brega5. 04. 2018 20:28:07
For 20 eur you won't be satisfied jezik
(+3)like
Kleemen5. 04. 2018 20:36:57
With these McKinley ones I'm satisfied, but only the strap closing bothers me, everything else is tip top. nasmeh
like
nizinec11. 11. 2018 17:27:32
Hello,
I'm interested in what experiences slightly taller hikers have with poles. A few weeks ago I tried Black Diamond poles in the store and found that the correct pole length for me is 130cm or a couple cm more, which means that on descent I'd have to extend the pole to the maximum. So I'm wondering if that incidentally means the pole will twist much more and maybe it would be better to buy longer poles? Are e.g. Krpan poles from Tehnomat a sensible alternative or do they not pay off due to weight and length?

Thanks for the help.
like
lučo11. 11. 2018 18:53:54
Krpan poles from Tehnomat suit me, I'm 193 cm tall, lp
like
danilot19. 11. 2018 15:47:43
I recommend https://www.iglusport.si/micro-vario-ti-system
-270 g/pole,
-very good carbon,
-folds simply to approx 30 cm and can therefore be easily stowed in the backpack.
I have a similar pole (200 g/pole) for 4 seasons. In winter I have bigger circles (50 days on skis).
Very well shaped grip, which allows a slightly different load on the pole from above. This comes into play especially on descents.

Importer: http://www.matias2.si/Prodajniprogram/tabid/59/Default.aspx
like
Page:123...7891011
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies