|
| BubikolRamios3. 02. 2013 02:35:39 |
I had some from BD, super expensive, not sure if it was flicklock system (that thing in the pic looks just like what I had), you pull them apart and it clicks, without tightening. Sucks! When you get them stuck somewhere and step on the click spot they break. And then you're without. Normal ones, with tightening, just twist and you can still straighten them. Recommend tehnomat, those with spring. If your elbows ever hurt you'll know why the spring. Even if something breaks you have spare parts and service at hand.
|
|
|
|
| viharnik3. 02. 2013 07:20:03 |
Buy Kohla poles and they'll serve you more than ten years-proven!. Tehnomat are probably good poles too.
|
|
|
|
| Alfista3. 02. 2013 09:17:29 |
I've been using my TSL for good 10 years. Iglusport doesn't sell them anymore. They've survived a lot but are still functional like new. Recommend buying those with extended handle.
|
|
|
|
| urbancek3. 02. 2013 10:33:12 |
Poles that you won't destroy just like that are also Leki Makalu. But really you need warm hands in winter to adjust the height
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| dprapr3. 02. 2013 10:57:28 |
I agree, @urbanček! I've been using them for 14 years without issues. I especially like the angle of the pole handles. I've tried poles with straight handles, which are mainly on sale now, but I don't like them. I don't know why there's no bigger selection of poles with angled grips - in steep terrain you ascend easier with them and wrists suffer less.
|
|
|
|
| luky683. 02. 2013 13:27:13 |
For me cheap poles(35€) have served ten years and I don't hike little, it depends more on how you use them, I've also seen Leki poles in trash bins so price isn't exactly decisive.
|
|
|
|
| lakkon3. 02. 2013 13:38:11 |
Okey, I'll say it one more time. Now for the first time I'm buying, let's call it, somewhat more decent poles. These will be my only poles currently. They'll be for everywhere: mid-mountains, high mountains, winter on snow and for other seasons. I have some borrowed now, since on my McKinleys (20 eur on sale 2 years ago, don't know exact model) the twist tightening failed on one pole. Budget for poles around 60 eur, maybe a bit over. carbon yes/no? Flick-lock yes/no? Recommended extended part for grip yes/no? Spare parts and service? Based on these answers and ratings of the following poles I'll decide myself. Probably going shopping tomorrow. Candidates: flick-lock system and carbon: no, this offer is really interesting, but quality worries me a bit. For this money get carbon and flick-lock at once? Only if it's price for ordering abroad. I'd have to check in store myself, right? Anyone have experience, since I haven't seen reviews?: http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-x-lite-carbon-walking-poles-784103 flick-lock: Black Diamond trail trekking (antishock or not?? they have flick-lock system; no comments in reviews, get them for cca 65 eur via storz. they have extended part for steeper terrain walking (might be handy, so not constantly changing pole length, right?)) http://www.kibuba.com/index.php?&cID=263&scID=266&pID=2073 Black Diamond trail back (also OK, but without extended hand part and for a bit over 50 eur) http://www.kibuba.com/index.php?&cID=263&scID=266&pID=1596 carbon: Quality? Have experience? Are they actually for hills, mountains? http://www.mimovrste.com/artikel/4570001017/pohodne-palice-worker-carbon#tech or http://www.fitnes-oprema.com/product_info.php?products_id=666 carbon ones, usual tightening, that will be 50 eur from tomorrow, if I followed right: http://www.iglusport.si/palice-zlozljive-backcountry-carbon regular: anyone have them longer time and experience? Will be 36 eur http://www.iglusport.si/palice-zlozljive-xz-145-antishock no, and here these Slovenian Tehnomat poles, which some favor: m80: http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10908 (only for this model spring with blocking option listed. So only these have so-called Antishock?) m65: http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10907 m55: http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10905 trans alpin: http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10928 Yes, regarding theft some individuals are probably largely to blame themselves if they can't watch them and leave on display. Seems smart when not using, put together and clip to backpack. Well, bit harder to watch everything if hiking alone, but still... Thanks for help.
|
|
|
|
| Chico3. 02. 2013 15:38:47 |
Will there be some real action in Iglu from tomorrow? Here it's written about cheaper poles, somewhere one wrote about ice axes, and something else I've seen!? Nothing on their site.
|
|
|
|
| Flora13. 02. 2013 16:06:33 |
Yes, action in iglu from 4.2. to, I think, 28.2., I got it by email.
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| urarrr3. 02. 2013 16:34:20 |
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lakkon3. 02. 2013 21:11:50 |
hello again. sorry that I 'bother' again. could some good expert or experienced user bother to give additional answer to my 'essay', if possible by midnight today? because if maybe one of listed is best from Iglusport. To get it online asap or stock elsewhere doesn't run out. can't decide, since mentioned models are price-similar. except that sportsdirect one - which I don't trust most - but not all have everything one would want (carbon and flick-lock). my post, the long one posted a bit back here. currently leaning most towards Tehnomat m80 http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10908 if nothing else, because of spare parts, service. But still need your opinions on other models I listed... thanks again for help.
|
|
|
|
| DarjaZaplotnik3. 02. 2013 21:16:06 |
I use exclusively Tehnomat poles. Namely all their versions: for ski touring, freeride variant, hiking, Nordic, and some more of theirs would be found in the cellar. They are OK for me, maybe a bit heavier than others, but they break very rarely because of that. It is important to me that I can take them back for servicing without a problem. lp d 
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lakkon3. 02. 2013 21:38:14 |
DarjaZaplotnik, thanks. Something interests me, which I would ask in the store tomorrow anyway. What all do I get included with the purchase of Tehnomat hiking poles (rubber foot, rubber pad, alpine baskets, winter baskets)? I see they sell the so-called winter kit (long tip made of hard carbide, baskets Ø 90). Does that mean that basically these poles are not exactly for winter conditions or that with this winter kit their effect in winter improves even more?
|
|
|
|
| Chico3. 02. 2013 22:27:29 |
Lakkon, I'm curious how you buy a car? :P I'm joking... If I were buying poles now, for example, they would be ones I haven't had yet. I would try the flick-lock locking system, they would have to be three-piece for sure, and have that extended padded handle. Say I'd take these: http://www.kibuba.com/index.php?&cID=263&scID=266&pID=2073 They come for 60 euros with tips.
|
|
|
|
| lakkon4. 02. 2013 00:43:37 |
chico, the used car that I bought perhaps in a similar way as I'm now buying poles, that is by bothering around forums, friends and others, serves me excellently. Still without issues after 4 years. After one year from purchase I could sell it for more money than I bought it. As for gathering info on this forum and elsewhere: I've realized that, with rarer exceptions to which I thank once more, it's best to trust one's own feelings and ask around as little as possible. I don't understand that no one can be found who is able to explain a couple of things for which I perhaps too optimistically expected certain answers. Anyway, I'm not the type to buy something I don't know well enough if I don't inquire beforehand about the products I'm buying - not necessarily only from sellers. Today, tomorrow I'll buy hiking poles, 2 nice caps and probably snowshoes. What exactly is best, I'll keep to myself. And happy hiking around!
|
|
|
|
| urarrr4. 02. 2013 10:51:17 |
@lakkon: Everything is the same S..... just different packaging... If you hike a lot you'll destroy them all pretty quickly. If you just look at them from afar they'll last long... In short; the sooner you learn to walk without poles the better.... For ski touring definitely single-piece poles are the best... lp
|
|
|
|
| urarrr4. 02. 2013 11:39:20 |
Anya@: You really relieve them now. Then you come somewhere where there's eternal snow and rope team with crampons and ice axe is needed.... And you're used to walking with poles... What follows...After a couple hours crocodile tears.... why... because knees aren't used to it... why... because it was nicer with poles... why... POTUHA ...   then you crawl on all fours because you've overloaded your knees... and you're even glad to reach the first hut.. and say a mass that it went through like that.. ( because if this happens at about -15 to -25C ) it's CHAOTIC I exaggerated a bit.... but "as in movies" is based on real events... a bit for joke...but there's some truth in every joke...
|
|
|
|
| dprapr4. 02. 2013 12:01:04 |
Anyway, poles aren't just for relieving knees, but they also exercise the upper body and arms extensively. Often they prevent falls if used correctly. Definitely recommended for older folks, less for younger. For them they're more of an obstacle than a help. We all or at least some at first resisted them, now we can't imagine a hike without them. And potuha up or down. When we stow away the poles, the terrain is anyway such that we don't miss the poles at all, because we have different tools in hands or cling to rocks. I don't know why we'd miss the poles so badly then. If the terrain is steep enough, we have support in the tools, if not, the poles are still there!
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| urarrr4. 02. 2013 12:18:23 |
dprapr@ I agree with the above mentioned...but When we stow away the poles, the terrain is anyway such that we don't miss poles at all, because we have different tools in hands or cling to rocks. I don't know why we'd miss poles so badly then. If terrain steep enough, support in tools, if not, poles still there! ice axe use isn't just for climbing. Glacier rope team has nothing to do with climbing and terrain slope. Say biggest mountain range in Europe is Monterosa... If you want to cross it terrain say like Krma-Kredarica...say...that's not alpinism for me Difference is the tour is 5 days long and you're constantly on eternal snow.. And around you huge glacier crevasses. Ice axe use is NECESSARY. In such cases it shows what knees are used to.... A buddy once told me... Mountaineering means...learn to suffer... when you accept that. you see there are no impossible paths.. It's true older folks prefer walking with poles a lot... Again iron shirt-habit... Older buddy 60+ often walks with me... last year on Nanos 220X..without poles... it's possible if it's possible.. other buddy was even more times, (last year 400X) he with poles... just used to it... And nothing wrong with or WITHOUT... MATTER OF HABIT Johnny knows what Johnny learned... best regards
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.