Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Trekking poles

Print
sla6. 02. 2013 11:12:54
Excellent! I'm going shopping today velik nasmeh
like
lakkon7. 02. 2013 02:43:04
No time for additional thinking about buying trekking poles in the last couple of days. And the stocks of more desired ones, whose prices are somewhat reduced, haven't run out yet.

For about 65 EUR I can get decent poles that have an extended handle, S-Lock or Flick-Lock locking system, which apparently don't have anti-shock, which I initially thought they did (or am I wrong?? I have to ask the companies):

http://www.kibuba.com/index.php?&cID=263&scID=266&pID=2073
http://www.extremevital.com/skiis/palice-kohla-adventure-tour-p-10136.html

For almost 20 EUR less I have our Slovenian Tehnomat poles with regular locking, with anti-shock, with service network and ALL spare parts:
http://www.bokal-sport.si/Products/410/tehnomat_pohodne_palice_m80

DILEMMA:

Tehnomat or e.g. Kohla? If you think anti-shock is not very important, then probably Kohla, right?
like
viharnik7. 02. 2013 06:58:46
Antishock is useless (more of a hindrance than help) and just an unnecessary fashion upgrade for marketing. I hope they don't invent crampons on springszadrega. Tehnomat has good, adjustable ski baskets and they are strong, Kohla has a good locking system and equally indestructible, especially the tips that screw on.
like
lakkon7. 02. 2013 12:23:31
Those Adventure Tour Kohla are no longer in stock or they don't include winter baskets and tip at that price as shown in the picture. If I think about it, 70 EUR seems a bit too much for poles. Sure, probably better quality and better locking with that S-Lock. But on the other hand, Tehnomat is in Slovenia, spare parts and service available immediately, users are satisfied, and I'd save money. Even without suspension, Tehnomat M65 is only 37 EUR somewhere. And I can buy the rest additionally, what I need. M65 OK? Because I actually do quite a few paths practically without poles. For extra safety on descents and occasional help up there if crisis, they come in handy, right? Anti-shock maybe not that important to me. If I used them intensively all the time, but since I don't, I think not. Next poles will have S-Lock locking system.
like
slamca7. 02. 2013 18:32:56
@viharnik: This one with springs for crampons is good nasmeh. Should have them front and back, step downhill would extend nicely and instead of two hours only one needed. Think about patenting it nasmehnasmehzavijanje z očmi
like
som697. 02. 2013 19:15:35
In the Tehnomat company they service poles of all brands!
(+2)like
ljubitelj gora18. 02. 2013 13:00:40
Does anyone have Hervisa trekking poles for 20 euros with Kilimanjaro written on them? I'm wondering how long they lasted for him.
like
dolenjka&primorc18. 02. 2013 13:21:01
Not suitable for high mountains, because they quickly tear off the bottom plastic with the tip. Tested, 2 x !!!
Recommend Tehnomat cool
LP, D&P
(+2)like
Kokta19. 02. 2013 20:47:56
If you mean to "fold" them after every tour, then about 2 months. Tips wear out very quickly too, so I advise against.
like
bmare19. 02. 2013 21:15:52
Cheap poles like Kilimanjaro I advise against.
Had very bad experiences. Lifespan not very long either.

Since then using Tehnomat 3-part ones and no major complaints. Tips don't wear out too fast. First ones used 2-3 years, second already 4th year with intermediate service (rubber replacement).

After winter tours I disassemble them to dry.


like
ljubitelj gora19. 02. 2013 21:22:06
http://www.tehnomat.si/index.php?cat_id=8

Your opinion, which among the cheaper ones?
like
bmare19. 02. 2013 21:32:00
Model 65.
Feel - cork handle surely better than rubber.

like
Kokta19. 02. 2013 21:36:52
I have a feeling you can't go wrong here. Whatever you choose, it should be ok.
like
lakkon20. 02. 2013 23:41:39
M65 Tehnomat poles I got are really OK for me. I don't need antishock.

One question: has anyone made their own so-called extended handle on poles?

If yes: how did you do it + what material did you use? Super glue or other strong glue?

I'd go check Merkur, Bauhaus and similar stores right away to see on the spot what all I could use (rubber, foam, cork, ??). Maybe find something at home on the farm too.

Probably useful on some unpleasant steep terrains on traverses, when holding one pole normally, the other lower and we're more 'stable' + on fast-changing terrain so no need to constantly adjust pole lengths.

It won't be a problem for me to make it, I just need that right advice.

Thanks in advance.

like
FLEKSARCA21. 02. 2013 00:32:30
Interesting question, I wouldn't get into that because it's easier in the abundance of poles to buy ones with extended handles. You know how it is with such home modifications, it will fail when you least expect it. When you need to readjust the poles, just take the time and that's it. If you've just bought Tehnomat ones and the budget doesn't allow for new ones, then use them and fulfill your wishes next time. Maybe just one tip: I had issues with the rubber handle slipping on the poles, I glued them with silicone, no problems sincemežikanje.
like
dare2921. 02. 2013 06:47:08
At Tehnomat you can get a cork covering http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10018, maybe at Merkur some neoprene insulation for pipes. You'll probably find it hard to shape and attach just the insulation cork to the pole without it loosening somewhere.

lp Dare
like
slamca21. 02. 2013 17:39:02
"Super glue" 100% is not OK, because it is hard and the material is soft; it hardens on the smeared-glued part. It will crack under torque.
like
Holcar221. 02. 2013 18:47:34
There are also trekking poles with an already extended handle made of cork or foam, which you can buy just like that.
like
lakkon24. 02. 2013 12:15:45
I bought, besides the Tehnomat M65 poles, also their alpine snow baskets with ALU ring 120 mm

http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10012

somewhere I read that for winter pole use, it is better to have a larger distance between the basket and the pole tip. I can't remove these original baskets from the M65 pole without damaging something. That's my feeling. This winter one I can slide up to that basket and it is then less than 5 cm from the tip. It holds firmly up there. Should I just use it like that?
like
lakkon24. 02. 2013 12:15:53
I bought, besides the Tehnomat M65 poles, also their alpine snow baskets with ALU ring 120 mm

http://www.tehnomat.si//view_product.php?product=10012

somewhere I read that for winter pole use, it is better to have a larger distance between the basket and the pole tip. I can't remove these original baskets from the M65 pole without damaging something. That's my feeling. This winter one I can slide up to that basket and it is then less than 5 cm from the tip. It holds firmly up there. Should I just use it like that?
like
Page:1234567...91011
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies