|
| michael6623. 02. 2008 16:19:12 |
Has anyone been to Virnikov Grintovec from Jezersko in the last few days? What are the conditions like or from where does the snow start? LP
|
|
|
|
| tonek724. 02. 2008 13:42:09 |
On V.Grintovec I went on Monday 18.2.2008. The path from the pasture to the summit is quite snowy, but it is possible to reach the goal. Conditions change from day to day anyway. Go boldly. Anibas
|
|
|
|
| michael6611. 05. 2008 17:20:37 |
Today 11 May 08 I was on Virnikov Grintovec. Path is dry, weather mostly cloudy and completely windless. View is wonderful even though the hill is not overly high (1654mm). You see Obir, Peca, Raduha, Ojstrica, Rinke, Skuta, Dolg hrbet, Grintavec, Kočna, Velka baba, Storžič, Košuta ridge, Stol... and probably Julian Alps in clear weather (today unfortunately in clouds). Still V.Grintovec had few visitors today. In short pleasant not too long hike just right for chasing away spring fatigue. Recommended.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| 6ar28. 10. 2008 17:47:56 |
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| fpetel128. 10. 2008 19:36:07 |
Fantastic pictures. Given that I haven't been to Virnikov Grintavec yet this is a super idea. >Congrats on the nice tour and phenomenal shots. Lp. Franci
|
|
|
|
| 6ar28. 10. 2008 19:45:27 |
Autumn colors are already gone, I recommend winter tour
|
|
|
|
| fpetel129. 10. 2008 21:24:27 |
I was on Deska and Lastovec this weekend, and it was already more gray than 10 days ago on Veliki vrh, Križevnik and Kalška gora. We'll see when winter comes. Perhaps we can still do some demanding dry tour this year. Who knows?
|
|
|
|
| franck10. 12. 2008 20:38:18 |
Yesterday, 9.12.2008, my wife and I were on Virnikov Grintovec. The path is snowy. From the pasture to the summit there is a narrow beaten track. The weather was nice, a real winter idyll. Views fantastic. Really worth the effort.
|
|
|
|
| fpetel110. 12. 2008 22:42:46 |
I don't know this hill. Interested in avalanche danger. If safe I can repeat it next week. Thanks. Yeah super pictures and weather
|
|
|
|
| klavdipo11. 12. 2008 07:27:12 |
Virnikov Grintovec quite steep in upper part, especially last part just below summit seems most dangerous for avalanche to me, when path goes from ridge left to south side. I wouldn't tempt fate now in these conditions or next week! LP
1
|
|
|
|
| benjamin722. 12. 2008 13:57:28 |
Yesterday nice hike though not quite to summit (avalanches), attaching some photos. Maybe someone knows how high the plowed road to Planina Podvežak goes?
|
|
|
|
| Tadej10. 05. 2009 13:01:53 |
That's how it was today on Virnikov Grintovec.
|
|
|
|
| GITA1. 08. 2010 23:07:55 |
Today we did a short but extremely nice family tour to Virnikov Grintovec. The path mostly pleasantly shady, so the heat didn't bother us. Views excellent in all directions, only Triglav was hiding in clouds. We were very tempted to explore the variant via Ovčje jame and Virnikova planina back to start on return, but since we had to be back home early afternoon, we dropped the idea. The unmarked path is drawn on maps, but I've seen in many descriptions that it's abandoned or not maintained and few people walk it (also all today's visitors without exception returned by ascent path, that's from church at Upper Jezersko). If anyone knows the condition of this path, I'll be glad for any info...
|
|
|
|
| benjamin725. 11. 2010 19:28:55 |
This time just before the forecasted snowfall a jump with Brane to Virnikov Grintovec, on the way back also a little jump to Žmitkov špic and fantastic day behind us. Path without comments, still damp to the top, but that's just a matter of hours. Winter dance of snowflakes is starting... So what! We'll soon be in the white too.
|
|
|
|
| GMh11. 03. 2011 11:28:36 |
I feel like jumping tomorrow to see how it looks on this peak. Does anyone have info on what the conditions (especially snow) are like?
|
|
|
|
| Parkeljc2. 05. 2011 13:09:00 |
Morning in upper Savinja valley promised more than it delivered, the closer I got to Jezersko, the more clouds piled up. But still better than a month ago, when I turned back soon after the church. This time I also started from the church past the "Žmitek" farm and the same-named peak a bit further. From the Žingerc saddle or. from the state border, fog accompanied me to the top. Due to "fear" of rain, I pushed a bit and to the top "used up" a good hour. There were no views from the top, but I was still satisfied, since despite the cloudiness and expectation of rain, there was none the whole way; at the top I met good company, Darko and Jože in the picture both on the left (allowed posting of the picture). Real coincidence, Jože and I met once in March on Altemavr. Path mostly dry, caution is advisable on descent in the summit part, due to slip risk.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
|
|
|
|
| jprim28. 10. 2011 16:45:37 |
What about chanterelles, didn't you find any, usually in company of flies. Two years ago we picked quite some there. Regards!
|
|
|
|
| Lunca17. 11. 2011 16:13:27 |
Today in cold morning from Zg. Jezersko, slight knee bite but rewarded with wonderful views, sunshine and no wind... especially peace on top... Wonderful!
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Janez Seliškar24. 12. 2011 14:13:12 |
We park at the church at -5, completely clear, snow only a few cm. The track is trampled, because too little snow, unpleasantly slippery. We progress nicely, views slip left towards Storžič glowing in the morning sun. Snow on top about 30 cm, dry, breaks through and mixes under feet. The view is wonderful, a front approaching quickly from the west. Soon no more sun, so we descend back to Jezersko.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| velkavrh27. 04. 2012 15:04:19 |
Turbo, I believe it was nice. I still owe this tour from last year!
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.