Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      
List of forums / Slovenia / General talks / Alpinism School

Alpinism School

Print
lijaneja1. 10. 2024 20:15:37
I just noticed this thread now.
Rok, I think you're exaggerating a bit with your transports, accesses and peak conquering. You're young, you go to uni, surely you already have a wide circle of people - your like-minded ones. In the middle of the second half of the last century not everyone had their own car, but we drove to some mountain starting point at least two weekends a month. And don't forget. Back then not every family even had a landline phone, let alone today's devices.
I'm surprised no one in the discussion mentioned the guide course that PZS organizes every year. There you'll get all basic skills, I think it covers at least twenty topics, of course also roping, belaying..., at least it was like that 40 years ago. That's five or six extended weekends in mountain huts - inquire how it is now. If you join one of the PD societies, it'll be affordable financially too.
I laughed at Hammond's comment with 8000 points over 2000m - yeah, in Switzerland or Austria, but not with us for sure.
Peakbagger is an interesting thing, since every conquered peak is nicely stored chronologically, but the system unfortunately isn't perfected yet.

https://www.peakbagger.com/climber/climblistc.aspx?cid=32409
(+4)like
lijaneja2. 10. 2024 10:10:13
Exactly as you wrote, Bojan! Too much knowledge doesn't hurt the head.smile
(+1)like
robter2. 10. 2024 10:30:17
There are also plenty of mountaineering schools. This is mainly intended for people who will someday find themselves off-trail and need to tie a knot, make a rope fence, belay or rappel down a rope.
(+1)like
dprapr2. 10. 2024 13:05:39
You won't make it without a climbing partner, since they won't register you in the AO. That's a fact. Just knowing how to rappel isn't enough,...
Especially since you have trips in mind that require belaying a second. Even alpinists rarely do such trips solo.
As a student, you have plenty of opportunities to find someone with knowledge and similar wishes.
Nowadays everything is upside down. In the past, it was mainly old alpinists who tackled such trips. These trips aren't as innocent as they look. Sometimes it's easier in a steep wall than in crumbly terrain, where a fall even with protection can be fatal because there aren't many intermediate belays.
As for transport, you'll have to accept that trips won't be day trips. Just like in my youth. And as far as I can see, we're going back to that, and soon you won't be the only one using public transport.
I wish you many beautiful trips and don't rush. You have plenty of time if you take care of yourself. For all these trips and more. But you won't conquer all mountains. nasmeh
(+3)like
Hammond2. 10. 2024 18:19:26
lijaneja, sorry I can't offer you a written source from where I remember this data. But you can take some peak or massif and count precisely all the summits over 2000m sticking out from the top domes, saddles and ridges. E.g. Prisank, Škrlatica, Kanin massif, Martuljek peaks. Of course, the question arises what the appropriate relative height should be to count as an independent point, but here I don't necessarily mean 50m, but possibly less. I don't know what the criterion was in the source swirling in my head and what's still "acceptable" (the eternal question when determining what's a peak and what not). I'm sure you'll quickly count quite a few of these points (say on average 20 per peak), and when you multiply by about 350 two-thousanders, the number 6000 won't be hard to reach. Then we'll laugh together.velik nasmeh
like
lijaneja2. 10. 2024 20:37:27
This is a list with added cross-border Julians, otherwise it's (for now)nasmeh 411 peaks over 2000m with name and measured height here.
like
Hammond2. 10. 2024 20:54:57
turbo, I'm not talking about peaks, but about points.
lijaneja, you probably know yourself how problematic some of these "peaks" are. One would rather classify them as points. mežikanje
like
lijaneja2. 10. 2024 21:53:50
No, quite the opposite. Believe me, I'm really happy about every newly discovered one and gladly tackle it, of course if it's within my reach. Unfortunately, a scant dozen peaks will remain unvisited on my side.zadrega
(+1)like
Hammond3. 10. 2024 06:56:19
That's the essence of it all - exploring the unknown.
like
DVas3. 10. 2024 08:48:21
Is there a list of these 411 somewhere?
like
Hammond3. 10. 2024 08:57:57
On turbo's link minus all foreign peaks - I assume. nasmeh
(+1)like
DVas3. 10. 2024 09:50:02
Now make checkmarks. Thanks.
like
lijaneja3. 10. 2024 10:49:27
This is their broader list, where unfortunately cross-border western Julian Alps are added.
https://www2.arnes.si/~mcuder/2000_ttn.htm
like
rokeg3. 10. 2024 17:55:33
I see the debate has gone a bit astray velik nasmeh.
Lijaneja, I don't even have company for Smarna Gora or Piran, so I have no circle of like-minded people. jezen.
I have no intention of leading, as turbo already figured out.

Here, Mountaineering schools, does anyone have a suggestion which is the best and still accessible?
dprapr, as a student I'm just more cut off from the world. As I see, everyone is on games and TikToks jezen.
As for a climbing partner, it's impossible if there's no company even for easy paths.
Multi-day trips are now difficult because I no longer sync with buses, and it's getting dark too early. Thanks for the wishes. As for conquering all mountains. Currently I'm at 2/5 of all mountains. By statistics, at around 60 I would conquer all velik nasmeh.

On my list I have 447 two-thousanders. Basically all from OSM, only a couple of double peaks I added.
(+1)like
Trobec4. 10. 2024 00:41:51
At university you usually find some company. I for example didn't go anywhere in high school, at uni a few of us gathered then. It's true though, at that time there were no TikToks, Instagrams, FBs... I think hribi.net was just starting velik nasmeh

I understand mountaineering schools on one hand. Today's world has become absurdly bureaucratized, everything is seen through legal aspects, everyone fears lawsuits or criminal liability if an accident happens and then some "responsible person" in the investigation thinks they had a member whose health condition "was not adequate".

For the guiding course I know you need some medical certificate, but I don't know what they require today as adequate health...15 years ago a stamped and signed paper was enough. For mountaineering school I don't know how it is regarding that.
like
nejcf4. 10. 2024 21:19:43
I have to say I totally disagree that most young people play games or are on TikTok. Social networks in my opinion have already peaked and are now (albeit very very slowly) declining.

For me finding guys and girls for mountains currently poses no problems. Many are attracted just when I tell them how my trips were. Of course success depends a bit on how good you are at "networking" and how you come across to others. I checked your FB profile and because of some posts I see why it might be a bit tricky for you.

For better connectivity with our mountains you could consider studying in Ljubljana (which according to your posts gets on your nerves a bitvelik nasmeh). I also sometimes take the bus towards mountains and mostly no problems with that. At our university almost every faculty has a mountaineering club. How it works on the coast unfortunately I don't know.

Hope you don't mind what I wrote. I wish you lots of luck in conquering desired peaks, even those much higher and farther!nasmeh
like
rokeg4. 10. 2024 22:04:02
Trobec, I also hope to find company at uni, but so far not successful. Friends are always only for languages and translating, and even that only to foreigners, consequently I already know quite a bit to distinguish southern languages and a few sentences in Ukrainian and Albanian nasmeh
Yes everyone fears bureaucracy and responsibility, even in schools and practices, that's why I'm only now at uni, because I had to throw away 2 years simply because of poor eyesight and bureaucracy and fears... jezen They don't know that I work a lot with chainsaw and axe... cool Forestry was also my dream job.

Nejcf, your first sentence surprised me. eek All schools, I already have 6 different ones behind me, more or less played games or watched TikTok, and the 7th "school" looks the same. The whole dorm is on games or drinking/parties.
I have to admit I'm extremely "jealous" that you have no problems finding company. Probably you have a much larger number of hikers at uni.
Well, if among 10 namesakes you really found me... I don't see problems in my posts.
I never even manage to tell where I was, or they ask after a weekend or two spent in home dorms or working in forest and so you have nothing to say. No bears to attract attention. zavijanje z očmi
On the coast for several reasons, I'll list two. First is that for my field of study there simply ISN'T in Ljubljana. Options were only Maribor, Celje and coast. Of course I chose the latter, because that's easiest to get car transport at start and end of weekend. And AO would be close, but they don't accept me. jezen
Ljubljana really gets on my nerves because I constantly trip over bollards and bump into people, and the atmosphere is awful. Not to mention public transport... Well, when I go by buses, I've had problems since the first independent trip, either there are none, or delays and can't transfer, wait for ground for hours somewhere and then I'm already too late for mountains etc...

Thanks for wishes and same to you. But I tell you, you have no company problems because you all have cars, and coordinate much easier, velik nasmeh I would too if I at least had a driving license.

Just as trivia. If anyone knows Semaforum for finding company. On real profile I have written "no car". Almost no responses. On fake profile "have car", responses rain weekly and even some meetings happened, but the car lie spoiled everything jezen
(+1)like
ljubitelj gora5. 10. 2024 12:47:49
As much as you give to society, that much you get back. Even if you sign up for AO it will be like that. Social networks have dropped sharply, many are no longer active at all, some ZS still read, reply. Most have returned to actions, honesty, cooperation, helping each other without public writing about it.
Expecting from society that they will be to us as we like, doesn't work, unfortunately.
Same as with farms, greed of owners and bad attitude to farm members leads the whole farm to closure.jezenzavijanje z očmi
(+4)like
Page:123...111213
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies