Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Kanjavčeve police - Mira Marko Debelak Path

Print
Janiel7426. 08. 2012 09:58:12
Thanks. I'll take this path next time. Essential. Yesterday I chose the loop via Komar, Dolič, Kanjavec, Prehodavci.
like
don Sergio23. 07. 2013 15:11:35
Hello!

Has anyone hiked the Kanjavčev Shelves last week? I'm mainly interested in the "snow" condition of the path... I know that snow usually lingers quite late into summer in a couple of gullies, so I'm wondering if it's possible to cross the shelves in current conditions without winter gear? Or does it still make sense to pack the ice axe on the backpack...
like
velesa23. 07. 2013 16:56:23
Igor Zlodej mentions under the Triglav topic from 21.7.2013:...and on the Kanjavčev Shelves there are still four small snowfields, risk of slipping everywhere, so ice axe is essential, of course with knowledge of use.
(+1)like
bošte23. 07. 2013 18:30:38
I went about a week ago. There are more snowfields. Especially problematic is the second snowfield, because it's very steep and hard-packed. There I almost turned back, then after a short terrain check I decided to bypass it from below and climbed back to the path over a 10m wall with good holds. I had an ice axe with me but still didn't dare cross it. Maybe it's easier now.
(+4)like
don Sergio24. 07. 2013 12:07:25
Thanks everyone for the info. By Sunday some snow will melt more, but from what I've read and seen I'll definitely take the ice axe so no surprises.nasmeh

@Janez Seliškar: I have a question about Vršac too. From the col do we go right up to Vršac? They say the path isn't marked, what about orientation and difficulty of that summit section?
like
Janez Seliškar24. 07. 2013 12:43:05
Yes, if coming from Dolič direction, we go right to Vodnikov Vršac. No path, but we easily find passages to the summit if we have some experience in pathless terrain. Don't forget where you went up, so the descent back to the col doesn't cause problems.
like
don Sergio26. 07. 2013 01:50:01
Janez Seliškar, thanks for the infos. nasmeh
I'll be careful, yes... anyway, action on Sunday, then I'll write something here.
(+1)like
BibaS26. 07. 2013 14:09:15
This path tempted me too when we last observed Kanjavec from Zadnjiški Ozebnik...
like
don Sergio3. 08. 2013 13:52:12
So, last Sunday (28.7) I was on the route: Zadnjica - over Komar - Kanjavec Shelves - Vršac - Prehodavci - Zadnjica.

The path over Komar is well trodden, excellently secured, just need to watch at the junction to this path at the start, the inscription on the stone has faded quite a bit and it can be easily missed.

Kanjavec Shelves: before the entrance there's one snowfield, not problematic to cross without winter gear, on the shelves themselves a couple of miniature snowfields (probably gone today). Six days ago I only used the ice axe for one, and even that snowfield could be bypassed below it. The path is not suitable for people with vertigo or those afraid of heights. Otherwise it's beautiful and scenic! nasmeh
(+3)like
janez.novak13. 08. 2013 09:07:16
Yesterday I did a circular tour: Zadnjica mulatiera towards Dolič - Kanjavec Shelves - Prehodavci - Čez Dol and to Trenta. At the start of the shelves there's still a snowfield, but no need for ice axe, further on no snow, but lots of scree on the shelves. With constant care the path is not strenuous - it's real pleasure, as it mostly runs horizontally, only at the end a short ascent to the saddle between Kanjavec and Vodnikov Vršac. The path is very suitable in heat, as to Vršac it runs in shade all the time.
Initial part of the path1
Middle part of the path2
Ascent towards Vodnikov vršac3
Last part of the path (leads to the previous photo)4
After a good five hours the first sun rays and view of Jezero pod Vršacem5
Still life at Prehodavcih6
(+1)like
union6917. 07. 2014 13:12:55
Hi
Has anyone walked the shelves this year?
how are the snowfields?

like
PFranci10. 08. 2014 08:20:28
Yesterday over Komar, then along the Kanjavec Shelves to Prehodavci and back via Čez Dol to Zadnjica.

The path over Komar had no problems; at the entry to the Kanjavec Shelves there is a large hard snowfield where I made steps with my ice axe to cross it. Further on there are a couple more snowfields that can somehow be bypassed. But the path, especially in the first half, is quite exposed and requires great caution. Judging by the tracks, the path was very little visited this year.

From Prehodavci via Čez Dol again no problems. Regards
Entrance Čez Komar1
2
We quickly gain altitude3
4
There is a lot of scree on the path5
View towards Vršac6
Zadnjica7
Snow patches on the path8
Wild world above the path9
View back10
Path hiked11
Valley of the Seven Lakes - the last one is still under snow12
Traversers13
14
15
16
Back via Čez Dol17
Fog exactly above the ledges18
(+9)like
velkavrh10. 08. 2014 09:37:45
Those hard snowfields I had the opportunity to get to know exactly one month ago during the descent from Velika Zelnarica to Prehodavci. They were simply icy and very dangerous for slipping even with proper gear, so I rather descended to Prehodavci somehow along the central snow tongue along the edge—the edge was steep—that leads right in front of Lake Rjava mlaka.
like
panda7. 07. 2015 13:58:48
Hello,

has anyone crossed these shelves recently? Thanks for info on path features. nasmeh
like
panda9. 07. 2015 12:58:18
Has anyone walked recently on Kanjavec Shelves - path Through Riža? Thanks for all useful info.nasmeh
like
nace8210. 07. 2015 08:12:52
Friend called Prehodavci yesterday, they said there are still some small snowfields, but they can be bypassed. Better check yourself. Safe steps nasmeh
like
panda10. 07. 2015 08:56:12
thanks.nasmeh
like
mito30008. 08. 2015 19:43:19
Given the hot forecast, today's hike over Kanjavec ledges was ideal as most of it was in shade. Start a bit before seven in Zadnjica. Along comfortable mulatiera quickly up to junction to Kanjavec ledges. Here mostly enjoyment, path runs practically horizontally so no real effort needed. Still need to watch out as path is quite exposed and narrowed in several places. Few fixed protections, but they are in perfect condition. Just before saddle between Kanjavec and Vodnikov vrh turned right off marked path and in good ten minutes at top of Vodnikov vrh. Then descent past lake to hut at Prehodavci and back to valley on hot mulatiera.
Vodnikov vršac from the path towards Dolič1
comfortable mule track towards Dolič2
here the path runs along Kanjavčeve police3
start of the path over Kanjavčevih police4
path over Kanjavčevih police5
6
7
from the top of Vodnikov vršac8
lake below Vodnikov vršac9
koča at Prehodavci and Vodnikov vršac10
(+7)like
funnyboy1. 08. 2016 21:46:36
Hello,
anyone have fresh info on snow patches on this path?
like
Page:12345678
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies