Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Prisank / Prisojnik - Hanz's Route

Print
mado13. 08. 2025 07:36:47
Members of my hiking club Bundek were there on Saturday 9.8.2025 on Hanzova. Still need winter gear as seen in the photos: https://www.facebook.com/100063727342757/posts/pfbid02um2MMbUGi9qV32h5SFDHmi9HdUBxRRe2UVngWvWC4T4hz6KLMR6gSzoctzzAoyA8l/?app=fbl
(+2)like
*Sanda*2. 09. 2025 12:44:01
Hello, I'm interested if Hanzova path is harder than Kopiščarjeva? To those who have been on both and can compare, I'd be grateful for answers. smile Thanks once again in advance. Best, S.
like
*Sanda*2. 09. 2025 12:44:05
Hello, I'm interested if Hanzova path is harder than Kopiščarjeva? To those who have been on both and can compare, I'd be grateful for answers. smile Thanks once again in advance. Best, S.
like
Trobec2. 09. 2025 13:06:45
Technically speaking, somewhere around even. Depends on what suits whom better (or not). But Hanzova is quite a bit longer regarding the climbing part.
And usually the snowfield lasts late into summer or autumn and winter gear is needed. This year I think I saw that currently it can be done without, but don't hold me to it.
like
Macesna2. 09. 2025 14:16:01
Kopiščarjeva has a concrete section when you're in the wall, very exposed, but well protected. Overall well equipped with iron.
Hanzova is twice as long, you also walk in between. You cover a lot. On many parts less iron, you have to grab the rock and climb - maybe that's one main difference, besides length and of course the steep eternal snowfield that requires ice axe and usually crampons.
(+4)like
Heavy_bull2. 09. 2025 22:41:10
Hanzova on Sunday 31.8.2025 - snowfield can already be bypassed along the lower edge on rocks without winter gear.
1
2
3
(+3)like
lepmackon1110. 09. 2025 20:42:12
The chimney on Kopiščarjeva is definitely technically more demanding than that hardest part of the Hanz Path, which starts after the devil's pillar. But it is true that Hanz is a bit worse secured, longer, with a snowfield in between, later also very scree-filled and tiring gully. I'd say that on Hanz one generally needs a bit more caution.
like
grega_p20. 09. 2025 14:57:44
I think these are now the best days for visiting the Hanz Path on Prisojnik. The snowfield is almost gone, so winter gear is not needed.

In my opinion, the path is very nice, varied, follows natural passages and offers very diverse terrains. It is not too hard, exemplarily secured and with good fitness provides true mountain pleasure.
(+2)like
S.Maja20. 09. 2025 18:17:41
The plan was Pihavec, but the parking regime in Vrata valley "blew it"mrk pogled as there were no free parking spots left. So we did plan B and went to Prisojnik on the Hanz pathnasmeh.
The path is nice, nothing special, the snowfield is almost gone and can be passed nicely. We also turned to the Devil's pillar, where the sun shone on us for the first timenasmeh. At the top it was crowded and on the descent via the Slovenian path we met quite a few. From Vršič just a pleasant forest descent nasmeh
1
2
3
Velika Ponca glows4
5
6
snow patch7
8
Summit9
10
11
Ajdovska girl12
(+5)like
Tomco20. 09. 2025 19:36:58
S.Maja, at what hour were there no more free parking spots in Vrata? VV, today at 3:45 when we entered Vrata there were still 58 spots... So I'm curious how fast the parking fills on such a top day as today. velik nasmeh Otherwise by license plates, many parkings are already pre-occupied by foreigners sleeping in nearby huts.

Nice post otherwise - good plan B if you didn't feel like driving to Zadnjica velik nasmeh
like
S.Maja20. 09. 2025 19:43:18
A little before 5 a.m. it was full. Yes, it really was a wonderful day velik nasmeh To Zadnjica sadly another time, we were limited by time and childcare nasmeh
(+1)like
ljubitelj gora21. 09. 2025 23:37:13
I drive to Vršič. Before the pass cars parked along the road so it was hard to pass each other, one with a van came down and we just missed each other by about 2 cm. At the top of the pass a pile of stones, building material, almost impossible to park except the last parking lot before the road drops, left the car there. Up the ridge all as usual, markings, protections, fog over the window fogged the views and it stayed like that all the time, the wind that was tolerable up top blew even stronger down, the fog also descended almost to the scrub. At Vršič already almost no one left.
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
(+3)like
lijaneja17. 10. 2025 07:21:41
After a thick year I went up again yesterday. The completely empty parking lot before the Gozd hut already hinted that there would be no crowds on the path. In the gloomy weather morning I quickly reached under the wall with the help of poles, where I pack them into the backpack and put on the helmet. Temperature just right, the iron in excellent condition. The infamous snowfield was of course gone; instead of descending a bit lower after the ladder and crossing the gully, the feeling of trodden path pulled me like a goat up the steep, heavily salted slope where I had to cross two small gullies. All that took me much more time than winter crampons on and off. Once across, I progressed nicely in solitude to 2000 m, where the first snow appeared on the path. At first it was unobtrusive, old day-old footprints that were icy bothered me more, so I chose the path over fresh snow, where possible on dry rocks. These also posed danger as many were covered with thin ice, hard to spot. With height the snow cover thickness increased, as did the depth of footprints which I could use well and the ice axe stayed in the pack.
I knew it was a snowy tour, but so much snow (up to a meter by some walls) I hadn't imagined. The cables are in excellent condition, taut like strings, but the markers during the last path renovation thought only of them, nothing of the scree that has overgrown wildly and is already very disturbing.
After three hours and three quarters I reach the summit, which was mine all the time. The sun showed itself for a minute a few times, otherwise no wind or cold. Logbook in a completely destroyed bag, I put it in a sandwich package that seals well vacuum-tight. Up top I don't wait for anyone, only a wallcreeper visits me, after I packed the sandwich it flew away too.nasmeh
On the return along the ridge all the way to the window I enjoyed the warm sun, which reappeared only in Kranjska Gora. Since Tičar hut was closed and gloomy weather on the terrace, I just pass it to the parking where I meet a young guy named Grega who had just returned from Mojstrovka, which he also ascended via Hanz path. He gives me a ride to the car, for which I thank him once again.
Not only in the mountains, at Dani's it was dead too, where Grega and I were the only guests...
Parking lot empty, hut closed.1
Marija appears to me...2
...on the other side the Mojstrovke.3
It would be even more golden if it were illuminated by the sun.4
Just five seconds too late for a clean photo of Hudičev steber.5
Right in the middle are Martuljški Ponci and Oltar. In front (still unconquered) Mali Prisank 2223.6
Now with pleasure into the real climbing pleasure.7
Due to winter conditions, I reach the summit only after one hour and ten minutes. Razor.8
Only Velikošpičje was on the horizon the whole time.9
For a short time the entire mondena Kranjska Gora appears10
And the Mojstrovke are also visible.11
Veš time alone on the mostly sunny summit.12
Only a wagtail joins me, but I forgot the bird pičo at home again.13
Somewhere here Grega should be. 11.33h14
From Bavški Grintavec towards Pelci.15
Prisankova Zvonika.16
Turn below Razor.17
Bavški Grintavec18
On the ridge during descent sunny all the time.19
Turn 204820
Ridge path almost completely bare.21
View back.22
Fog has been pressing from the north all the time. Upper left Zadnja Trenta.23
Blurred Prednje okno.24
Ugh, apparently someone opened it and it started to pour.25
From Utrjenega stolpa, over both peaks of Planja, Prevčevga stolpa and Kanceljnov, Velikega stolpa Kanceljnov and Germlajta to Goličiče26
Plešivec, Trentski Pelc, Srebrnjak and BG from Vršiča.27
(+11)like
Z124. 07. 2026 10:25:29
Greetings, I'm interested in what the current conditions are. Can the snow patches be safely bypassed or should I rather wait another month?
like
bbugari124. 07. 2026 12:56:40
Without a snowfield on steep scree it's quite dangerous...
(+1)like
Tomco25. 07. 2026 18:54:46
@Z1: conditions today - not yet safe for bypass. Report with photos a bit later...
like
Tomco25. 07. 2026 22:31:30
Some impressions after today's ascent via Hanzova route on Prisojnik.

For us it was the first visit. Those who say the route is long and strenuous are quite right! I would never have thought that 1,350 meters of elevation would tire us out so much. It's true that we are a bit out of shape after vacation, but still... zavijanje z očmi The route is demanding, period. Between the climbing sections there is a lot of steep knee-grinding. We carried heavy backpacks full of stuff (belay kit, crampons, ice axe), which makes the ascent even harder. Personally I could have left the kit at home, but that choice is entirely individual. There are definitely some sections on the route that are "on the edge" for use.

The summit register at Hudičev steber is unfortunately soaked and half destroyed. There is currently no working pen. If anyone is coming here soon, bring one for the box. nasmeh

The start of Hanzova route is great, but there is also some ugly rubble and scree in between. My personal favorite is the final section from Hudičev steber to the summit. Some wired sections like on Kopiščarjeva, lots of climbing on compact rock, even the very end is nicely wired. And the views towards the end...

On the ledges before the final ascent there is also for me the most delicate spot on the whole tour: crossing a narrow gravelly ledge without protection above a deep abyss. There I really felt the adrenaline.

Descent via Grebenska. First time I walked it downwards and I think only now I experienced the true beauty of this route. Also only now I realized that it is also quite exposed in places. On previous ascents when I was going up here I didn't get the impression of exposure. Of course if you are panting and staring at the ground it can't be otherwise. jezik nasmeh

Also the current description of the snow patch in Hanzova. Given that it is still July, it is already quite poor. It is low and I think it won't last much longer. Because it is low, the entry is not difficult at all. Nevertheless, it still cannot be completely avoided, it is hard and winter equipment is still mandatory. Bypassing from below is not yet possible. It would be possible (or according to the tracks - it is done) with a partial bypass from above, but not without crossing the snow patch in one section. Caution: parts of the snow patch towards the edges are completely icy and it is not worth messing around without crampons.
In Hanzova stena. Top right is an exposed ledge.1
Above the snowfield.2
Snowfield before the traverse 1. Top left you can see how far the upper bypass is tracked. We just calmly did the whole thing with crampons.3
Snowfield before the traverse 2.4
Snowfield during the traverse.5
After snack, continuation.6
Snapshot.7
In the morning the fog was flowing from the south over the peak.8
Raw environment in an impressive hidden high-mountain cirque. 9
Rockfall.10
Along the way.11
Hm... I hope nothing falls on our heads :)12
Knee-grinding on the scree.13
Admiring the impressive north faces of Prisojnik.14
Remains of the upper snowfield that was on the route.15
On nice compact rock, slalom between boulders.16
Exercise in the steep section above Hudičev steber.17
For me the most delicate passage on the entire route. No protection, below is an abyss. 100% concentration.18
Beautiful traverses on natural passages.19
Beautiful climbing on compact rock.20
Snapshot.21
On the route there is also a nice chimney that needs to be climbed without protection. May it stay that way :) )22
Just upwards.23
The mists are putting on a show.24
Crazy views open up. The mists add drama to the scene.25
A bit more exercise on the iron.26
At the top. Tired but proud :)27
The show goes on.28
During descent; the show also on the other side. :)29
Descent along the ridge.30
Snapshot.31
It has cleared up, for unique views from the Grebenska path.32
Snapshot.33
Snapshot.34
One more for the end towards the Mojstrovk ridge. 35
(+22)like
Yulius Kugy26. 07. 2026 07:47:19
congratulations to both and GOOD LUCK
(+2)like
ločanka26. 07. 2026 09:21:02
Wonderful post! Objective description, pictures, feelings, thoughts ..
Such good and detailed posts are rarenasmeh.

It became quite clear to me that I probably won't be on this path. There were attempts though, at a very young age (under 20), up to the view of that snowy scree it went. Then the markings ran out and the continuation of the path was no longer clear. Probably not studied enough beforehand.
(+4)like
garmont26. 07. 2026 09:23:21
Nice description of conditions Tomco. And of course a nice tour, congratulationsnasmehmežikanje
(+1)like
Page:123...78910
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies