Prisank / Prisojnik - Hanz's Route
|
| lijaneja13. 08. 2024 09:37:05 |
You're exaggerating, guys! Often I think one thing, write another. Pictures aren't the best either, I make them with phone and even though it's one of the better ones, it's not even a shadow of a real camera.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Lukito14. 08. 2024 13:44:06 |
Prisojnik 2547m via Hanz, Wednesday 14.8.2024 Start from Koča na Gozdu once in the morning, hop over the road and already on the way to the wall and soon at the entrance to Hanz. Path to snowfield without problems. Snowfield is there and will be for a while. Winter gear needed to cross. Up along the wall no go. Down along the wall it (for me) went, but I should warn that the wall is wet, jumps are 2m high and then when you reach the lower point you climb back on the other side. Can be on smooth wall, I went through tunnel and then have to climb a few meters on wet wall to path. Everyone assess for themselves, I'll add some pics for illustration. One idea could be to take some ropes and clip into old piton holders... Path ahead without problems, at Devil's Pillar logbook shows not much traffic currently. Traverse right and up, around corner on pegs and already at top. Since I had time I tackled "tidying surroundings", when tired of scraping stickers I stacked some stones around the box, then down ridge to valley, one short one cold, mountain meal and cherry on top pancakes. Nice day and good luck!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| sla14. 08. 2024 14:29:59 |
Even the jackdaw is excited about the renovated box 
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| toma.mx28. 08. 2024 11:09:30 |
So bypass possible, so no winter gear needed?
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja28. 08. 2024 21:19:24 |
I wouldn't risk it and would calmly pack proper crampons in the backpack. But if you're young, inventive and nimble, improvise, or you'll end up early at the feast in Koča na Gozdu.
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Trobec28. 08. 2024 21:47:35 |
If a stranger asks me "can I go without...", the answer is always "NO, if you can't assess for yourself, then absolutely not!" Hope it doesn't sound rude, but we can't decide for someone we don't know what they are capable of. Lukito nicely wrote "everyone assess for themselves". Because if accident happens... excuse "others told me it goes without" doesn't help. Good luck! 
| (+9) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| pantani129. 08. 2024 06:11:01 |
He wrote nicely: "There is a snowfield and it will be there for some time. Winter gear is needed for crossing", I don't know!!! 
|
|
|
|
| asdf29. 08. 2024 06:45:52 |
pantani1: The question was about bypassing, not crossing the snowfield, so no need to get angry.
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| pantani129. 08. 2024 09:15:15 |
Ok, but still, is it so hard to take some winter gear with you? 
|
|
|
|
| mosovnik29. 08. 2024 12:17:49 |
Well, I told myself I wouldn't comment, but anyway...., whoever decides for Hanz's path on Prisank must already know something about mountaineering and at least proper crampons should be "at hand" even in high summer!!!
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| djimuzl29. 08. 2024 12:48:29 |
And this needs to be repeated at least 2x every year. That's how PZS works too. As if it helps anything....
|
|
|
|
| dprapr29. 08. 2024 13:19:45 |
I don't even know where the problem with this snow is. If you can't go further without gear, or can't safely without, just go back down. And up another way. Then or some other time. For me with such snowfields, lack of crampons doesn't worry me, but hollow snow, which is much more dangerous.
| (+6) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Hike0029. 06. 2025 21:42:02 |
Hi, does anyone have fresh info on snow on the path? Is the path completely dry, except of course those usual snowfields? Thanks and regards
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| bagi24. 07. 2025 13:00:20 |
If anyone is interested in the snowfield in Hudičev žleb on Hanzova, I'm forwarding a photo about a week old. Taken from Poštarca.
1
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Shkaro29. 07. 2025 16:47:17 |
Attaching some photos from July 19, 2025. Three people ahead of us each had an ice axe and crampons and got through normally. There were some without gear who turned back.
| (+7) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| uros.tanko@gmail.com31. 07. 2025 22:11:25 |
Yesterday 30.7.2025. The path is not passable without winter gear. Whatever snowfield it is, I doubt it will melt the snow by the end of the summer season.
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| redbull1. 08. 2025 05:10:32 |
This one will be hard to run out of, but it can probably be bypassed/climbed around the edge on dry rocks.
|
|
|
|
| lepmackon118. 08. 2025 12:16:54 |
Is it possible to cross from Kopiščarjeva to Hanzova without an ice axe? Is the path completely dry after that big snowfield?
|
|
|
|
| coffee8. 08. 2025 15:29:27 |
In high summer, snowfields there usually don't hold, except maybe some patches off the path.
|
|
|
|
| lepmackon1110. 08. 2025 10:56:59 |
Yesterday I crossed from Kopiščarjeva via the chimney to Hanzova. The path is marked but very awkward due to scree, the trail is not visible, so you have to be careful all the time both underfoot and on the markers, it was also wet due to melting of the nearby snowfield. Higher up Hanzova is completely dry, no snowfields at all, even off the path. So I reached the top without winter gear.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.