Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Prisank / Prisojnik - Hanz's Route

Print
lijaneja11. 09. 2023 15:32:18
On Saturday it pulled me up again out of pure whim. Recently awarded and nicely renovated, and without snow or ice, and the backpack was lighter too. The upper, heavily lightning-damaged part has been nicely restored, I noticed quite a few new cables, at the almost perennial snowfield they routed the cable higher along the wall, so spring descent from it will be easier. As for crowds, I didn't pick the best day, as there were masses of people on all paths, increasing the risk of rockfall. I flinched at some two-kilo projectile that a quarter-hour walk before the saddle with Devil's Pillar crashed to the ground without warning (no ricocheting off walls) about 15m from me.eek Otherwise pleasant hike always in shade, so I treated myself to some ten-minute sunny lounging on top of Devil's Pillar. After short climb to the top I almost had to fight for space for my butt. Dry clothes, snack, take pics... and after many years I get the idea to peek at the East Bell Tower. 40m of good II and short pleasure in solitude at the top.
I head back to the mountain summit, and descend the ridge to Vršič, where again (Bovec) I thumb a ride...
No sign of snow.1
Above the gully the path is damp and slippery.2
Mojstrovke and Nad Šitom glava3
Pelci, Veliki Ozebnik and Jalovec from Hudičev steber.4
From Špik to Dovški Gamsovec.5
'Zverina' Goličica 20786
Bavški Grintavec from Prisank7
Behind Pelci 'That tall Rosajanska' with Kanin.8
Krn kingdom9
Kanjavec10
Razor and Planja, Očak in the background.11
From VMP to Dolkova špica12
Martuljški Ponci13
Špik with Lipnica14
Dolkova špica15
Mojstrovke and Rateške Ponce with Mangart16
Prevčev stolp with Hruška saddle17
Western horizon.18
Vrh Grubje and Žrd.19
dizzy from the height...20
From Razor to Goličica, in front Zvonik.21
The western (right) one is just a good II.22
Gendarme between Špik and MMP.23
Before Razor, Eastern Zvonik from Western.24
Last Prisank25
From MMP to Dolkove26
Prisojnik...27
...with huge crowds.28
Kranjska Gora with Jasna.29
From frog perspective. Between the saddle and the summit is 40m.30
Descent along the ridge31
The eastern one is higher by approx. 5m.32
May the clarity continue.33
Tičarjev and Poštarski dom.34
Corner at Hylarijeva grade.35
Through Prednje okno towards Vršič road.36
Goličica, Hudičev steber and Prisank.37
Prisojnik38
Tičarjev dom...39
...with Prisank.40
Morning starting point41
(+16)like
redbull12. 09. 2023 05:14:02
Not one of the better posts, but your reports are the best Tone
good luck
(+7)like
lijaneja12. 09. 2023 20:06:24
Thanks for the compliment, Dejan!
(+3)like
lino13. 09. 2023 18:49:29

Red Bull, with your rating of Tone's posts you hit the nail on the head. True, Tone is undoubtedly a legend! nasmeh
(+2)like
lijaneja14. 09. 2023 12:15:00
Come on guys, let's stop.nasmeh
(+2)like
nenap14. 09. 2023 17:19:13
Nice nasmeh velik nasmeh
(+1)like
mikkeni8. 10. 2023 19:19:52
Yesterday hopped up to Prisojnik via Hanz's path, awesome, gotta do it again sometime nasmeh

http://ma-uc.blogspot.com/2023/10/prisojnik.html
(+1)like
Danak23. 07. 2024 08:33:39
Hello,

does anyone know if the path is dry and normally passable? Thanks ☺️
like
asdf23. 07. 2024 15:06:31
In Hudičev žleb there's probably still a snow patch.
like
Danak23. 07. 2024 16:36:55
Yeah, that's what worries me... I guess I've gotta wait some more mrk pogled
(+1)like
dvojnit10. 08. 2024 21:08:31
Well, today 10 of us in four different groups, when we got to the first snow patch and assessed the situation, turned back. I doubt that snow patch, which is almost better called ice field, will melt this year. So the path is currently and for sure still quite some time only passable with sharp crampons, ice axe and experience walking on practically ice. And no chance to bypass anywhere.
1
2
3
4
5
(+6)like
felix11. 08. 2024 09:10:18
Years ago when I hiked this path alone, it was said that this snow patch is there all year and crampons and ice axe are needed for this path. If now in times of global warming this snow patch completely melts, I also find it hard to believe.
like
panda11. 08. 2024 09:14:22
I think about 7 or 8 years ago there was no such snow patch, or it was so narrow that I bypassed it.nasmeh
(+1)like
lijaneja11. 08. 2024 09:29:47
Snow in Hudičev žleb is more or less permanent. Definitely need to check conditions before the trip. I applaud the decision of the ten not to attempt crossing without gear, but criticize the carelessness in trip planning.nasmeh
(+1)like
jax11. 08. 2024 12:04:38
In late season crossing is often possible. True, this year there's quite a lot. But I wouldn't bet my hand that in September it won't be possible to sneak underneath this year too.
I was there too (don't remember exactly, 5-6 years ago), when there was no snow at all and you just walked across on scree. Bliss. Of course Hanz's is most pleasant just on such days, which aren't frequent.
(+1)like
grizo11. 08. 2024 16:03:55
Last year it was dry. Good luck!
1
like
Janez Seliškar11. 08. 2024 18:00:55
Currently winter gear is needed to cross the snowfield.
like
lijaneja12. 08. 2024 18:39:21
Since the trip was quite short and early, I can still report it today. With a slightly heavier backpack (crampons) than last year, I start at six. In complete peace and quiet (no engine heard from the road) I see or hear no hikers on the whole path. Only at the top three or four were dawdling, although it was a bit windy and wet clothes needed immediate change. The path is great, cables are taut like strings and no damage since last year. The snowfield is manageable only with PROPER crampons, but the snow is very hard and dirty. At the top I was a bit sad, as the box with the holder is pulled out and lies pitifully on the ground. Down before the stifling heat, first car stopped when I thumbed.
In the morning at the parking lot.1
Under the wall2
It never dries up.3
The Mojstrovke glow in the sun.4
This year some of it will definitely remain.5
Vršič with its home mountains.6
Turn 20407
Hudičev steber 2237.8
Poštarski dom9
Fresh rockfall...10
...along the path.11
Bavški Grintavec from Prisank12
Krn13
Kaninsko pogorje in the back, Pelci in front14
Between our giants Viš and Montaž.15
Rateške Ponce16
Kanjavec17
Rjavina, Petkov Stenar in front18
Prevc, Kanceljni, Germlajt and Goličica19
Veliki Jelenk, Skutnik and Špičica20
On the way back, the lake was completely besieged.21
Martuljški Ponci, Oltar, Visoki Rokav and Škrlatica.22
Frdamane police, Špik and MMP.23
Rogljica and Dolkova špica.24
This little bridge is already growing a beard.25
How upright it looks from the ridge26
Pelci, Jalovec, Mangart, Mojstrovke27
x28
On the left Rjavina and Stenar overlap, in front Prisankova Zvonika, in the middle Petkov Razor, right Triglav.29
Vršič with Tičarje and Poštarje30
Only a few people chose the ridge descent - and almost as a rule with a via ferrata kit??31
Linca into...32
...the valley.33
x34
From Turn pod Razorjem to Goličica35
At noon it is already scorching (from Sovna glava 1750)36
The path is still in the shade even now.37
After two beers, hitchhiking.38
In the Gozd hut they have even better.39
Next year maybe again.40
(+12)like
lino12. 08. 2024 20:44:16
Tone, you keep positively surprising us. So much knowledge and familiarity with mountaineering geography and photography topics. You're a living lexicon. That would probably suffice for a master's in mountaineering geography. Good luck! nasmeh
(+3)like
dleskovec12. 08. 2024 21:29:38
I join the praises from "lino"; your photographic and geographical knowledge is a textbook for quite a few "mountaineers" who can't even write the letter "a" under their pictures; it's hard to watch their "expressionless praises".
Tone; I wish you many safe ascents and delight us soon with a new contribution!
(+5)like
Page:123...5678910
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies