Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Prisank / Prisojnik - Hanz's Route

Print
panoramik21. 05. 2020 21:27:19
Hats off, legends.nasmeh
(+2)like
Filip_Culjak21. 05. 2020 22:05:58
Thanks ločanka and panoramik nasmeh it's nice to hear such comments about our ascent nasmeh
(+2)like
Mcgiver21. 05. 2020 23:19:21
Wow nice tour, congratulations. I'm a bit jealous, you two come to our beautiful mountains, and I still can't go to your beautiful islandsmrk pogled (in my favorite way) I'll have to wait a bit longer. Once again good luck and hats off. nasmeh
(+5)like
Filip_Culjak22. 05. 2020 09:53:59
You can go to Croatia, but for the islands I don't know how long we'll have to wait, I believe that in June they will allow everyone to the islands. Because of tourism of course. They need to fill their pockets, politicians won't miss that nasmeh if they asked me, I would allow it much earlier, definitely between Croatia and Slovenia nasmeh
(+4)like
Stoick15. 08. 2020 21:37:37
On the Hanz route to Prisank there wasn't much traffic today, probably also due to the weather forecast. Which didn't quite hold true, since there was no precipitation.
Soon after entering, a shower awaits you, somewhere at 1700 meters there's the 'Prisank glacier'. Direct approach from the marked path to the snow is not possible, probably best to descend 10 m lower, which was actually the most demanding part of the tour today. There you then find a nice spot to put on crampons and easily climb onto the snow field, about 20 m.
Further on, the path is without peculiarities, only at three places the trail is a bit washed away and you have to be really careful.
Inquisitive views1
Chamois family2
The entry onto the snowfield is a little lower than the marked path3
Traverse4
5
6
7
There was no rain afterwards, although there were dark clouds around in many places8
(+9)like
andraja15. 08. 2020 21:51:11
In the first and second picture, they are not chamois, but female Alpine ibex with young.
(+6)like
Planko21. 08. 2020 10:10:29
Hi, I'm wondering how deep/long this snowfield is? If you slip - is it over or do you just get a good scrape? nasmeh

I'm asking because I'd take someone who isn't really trained in using an ice axe and doesn't have proper crampons.

Thanks for the opinion.
(+1)like
Janez Seliškar21. 08. 2020 10:20:25
If you slip, they tie you into a bag and the story is over.
(+1)like
michael6621. 08. 2020 10:32:02
You end your career. Although more than 30 years ago, when we didn't yet "know" crampons and ice axes, we crossed in shoes and even sneakers. The first one had something similar to an ice axe and made steps. Back then the snowfield was quite big, I think even 2 or three. Idiots. But everyone survived....
(+2)like
redbull21. 08. 2020 11:52:57
Planko, how can you lead someone if you don't know the route yourself? I'm really curious about your answer! My advice to others is always: don't "drive" others into the mountains if you don't know how they move, even less if you don't know the route yourself
Good luck
(+4)like
Planko21. 08. 2020 16:04:07
Thanks everyone for the replies. The decision is clear.

And my answer to redbull's question: both of us are experienced hikers and generally have no problems either with the difficulty of such routes or with orientation in the mountains. Precisely because of these experiences and the information about this notorious snowfield, I preferred to ask those who have already done it, so there are no unpleasant surprises and turning back cool
(+3)like
Hribolaznik21. 08. 2020 16:52:29
Well, this is perhaps the only route in the Slovenian mountains where you need ice axe and crampons in summer August... How does the snowfield look? It knots your stomach when you get close... Steep. Some of course cross without crampons, others look for a way around and climb for 30 minutes below or above the snowfield... No point. Put on crampons, ice axe in hand and do it properly.
(+1)like
darinka421. 08. 2020 17:00:55
Last year you needed both. Crampons and ice axe. To be able to cross. I remember that everyone who only had an ice axe turned back. The snowfield is hard and you can't cross it without winter gear, at least last year it was like that.
(+1)like
jax21. 08. 2020 18:48:10
Apparently this year they already managed to go around or below, but there's quite a lot of snow, so the bypass is a bit tricky. In some other seasons it was better.
(+1)like
Todi21. 08. 2020 19:04:51
I'm going tomorrow to check and I'll let you know, ... I'll have the gear with me, ... clear as day.
like
Todi22. 08. 2020 18:41:46
Equipment is mandatory, we had it with us, we didn't need it, we made a bypass below the snowfield.
View from the summit1
down here2
Descent3
and we're already across4
(+1)like
skymark22. 08. 2020 19:40:54
Difficult detour, really!!
Better than crossing the snowfield.
(+1)like
Todi22. 08. 2020 19:52:52
Today we tackled Hanzova, which is always different on the snowfield section. A hot day is coming, and on Hanzova it's nice because almost no sun until the top. We start a bit before 6 from in front of Koča na gozdu, slowly to the entry, no rush anywhere. When we reach the snowfield, where Srečko was already, who joined us for the continuation. We crossed the snowfield below it today, a quick decision fell on that, since you drop about 10m below it and normally continue the path.
Otherwise path all to the top ok, met two. At the top cheerful, lots of hikers, ... For descent along the ridge past the window and towards Vršič, more in pictures ...
at the hut on Gozd1
Start2
Morning3
mi44
view towards MM5
crossing the refreshment6
View back7
signpost Hanzova stena8
snapshot9
notorious snowfield10
through the chimney11
on MM already quite a few visitors12
nicely routed path13
here we go left up14
not for everyone15
snapshot16
open saddle17
the view reached as far as Grossglockner18
a little more and we'll be at the saddle19
still to the top?20
Which peak is that, if anyone knows, to the left of the summit register box21
back to the saddle22
and into the wall23
Traverse24
Memory25
us26
Špik and clouds27
dawn28
just a little bit more29
To the summit30
still around here31
and we will32
on33
top34
fun at the top35
snapshot36
along the ridge37
Trojglav and Rožice38
past the window39
Towards Vršič40
and we are there41
girls42
need to rest the legs a bit43
until next time44
(+14)like
Todi23. 08. 2020 16:45:25
Here's what the recording looks like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw2-ctXUoc8&t=223s of Hanzova and the snowfield
(+4)like
jozodozo24. 08. 2020 08:52:55
I was also on Hanzova that day, no problems with the snowfield. Really nice and varied tour.
But on the ridge path I noticed people happily walking on Kopiščarjeva, and from the top of Prisojnik I saw some hikers on Jubilejna...
(+1)like
Page:12345678910
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies