Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Road to Vrata

Print
5Xum26. 07. 2019 15:14:33
In a normal country people don't need special signs to tell them that you just don't park everywhere in national parks.

In our social poverty we have poor folks with new Audis who apparently can't afford a few euros for all-day parking at a designated parking lot without another loan.
(+6)like
jax26. 07. 2019 15:57:06
No, no. In a normal country it can't happen that one even debates whether something in traffic is allowed or not. Prohibitions must be clearly marked and if not, general road traffic rules apply. National park or not.
(+4)like
VanSims26. 07. 2019 15:58:15
Signs with Do's and Don'ts are found abroad in many places at park entrances and also at many points inside. Of course, there's no need for a special sign for parking but together with other rules.
(+2)like
GregorC26. 07. 2019 18:30:50
They are also here with us... Just saying
(+3)like
rrakus26. 07. 2019 19:17:02
In TNP they probably have their own rules, I last summer came from Styria to the parking lot around 1 a.m. and planned just to nap a bit until 3:30 when I planned to go on the trail, but a TNP warden came and started hassling me that I can't sleep in the car, so after negotiating and explaining that I'm from far away and have to start almost in the middle of the night to reach the starting point on time, I rather moved the car a couple km lower along the road, thinking he won't bother me there, but the guy on the way back when returning to Mojstrana slapped me with a fine for improper parking (100€), although two days later when I returned I saw countless cars parked along the road with no fines..., and I didn't obstruct anyone and parked there only overnight, in the morning I went to the parking anyway and paid the fee. They just make up rules as they like...
(+6)like
pohodnik1126. 07. 2019 19:45:20
Better someone from TNP after all these years of warnings about what's happening around bivouacs goes in summer just to bivouac 4 and he'll earn his full yearly salary and more would be left... oh I forgot he has to go on foot and doesn't need to earn his salary... that's why it's already too big a bite for such instant inspectors or wardens...
(+8)like
MitjaBelak26. 07. 2019 20:52:24
Just adding. This is Slovenia, land of parish sheriffs and their deputies who each imagine their own law their way. They work little, but know how to pontificate and especially collect fines. Could add more, but that might be hate speech already. In short, everyone fend for themselves.
(+7)like
darinka426. 07. 2019 21:09:22
In August, that's what they said at the TIC, they are supposed to close traffic for cars at the weekend. A bus is supposed to run. Probably not too early. To the Vrata Valley.
(+1)like
sirt127. 07. 2019 09:37:41
Laws (also TNP) are always above regulations (CPP)

TRIGLAV NATIONAL PARK ACT (ZTNP-1)
Article 13

(general protection regime in the national park)

(1) In the national park area it is prohibited:...

42. to park motor vehicles, recreational trailers or motor vehicles used for accommodation outside designated places;
http://www.pisrs.si/Pis.web/pregledPredpisa?id=ZAKO5487

(+3)like
Enka27. 07. 2019 11:40:46
Since the TNP law is a special law compared to the CPP law, the regime prescribed by the TNP law applies to this area.

Due to the provision cited by sirt1, in TNP no special sign prohibiting parking is needed to write you a fine.
(+3)like
pohodnik1127. 07. 2019 14:51:46
The biggest problem is that TNP is run by people who have no idea. The first thing they should clarify is how to bring beauty closer to people, how to reduce impact - burdening nature by humans and technology etc... If we look just at the road to Vrata... if they asphalted it there wouldn't be every tree white (read dusty) within 30 meters around the road from the gravel road. That's nice and ecological, isn't it!!! Let those TNP people who sit at the top and don't feel like working just look at the Dolomites and their development which are under UNESCO protection... Not to mention preventing summer bivouacs of Czechs (on Czech portal you can even reserve time and place for bivouac!!) in mountain bivouacs and their camping everywhere (every average mountaineer knows what bivouacs are for!)... but they pick on one Slovenian mountaineer who parked where we all parked for decades...
(+5)like
darinka427. 07. 2019 15:43:18
I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. I think it was the year before last, when they weren't collecting 3.50 euros in Vrata Valley because they couldn't find a contractor. I came late from Škrlatica and at 22:00 the TNP supervisor came. With a vehicle. And shone a flashlight into every car to see if anyone was sleeping inside. Some were maybe resting and he pulled the guy out from the back seats. If that's the way, then I really don't know. He came to me too, I was just sitting in the vehicle and he chased me to sleep in the hut. And ran around the vehicle because he thought someone else was sleeping outside. Even though I told him I was alone. You don't get a pleasant feeling from all this. You can't even be in your own vehicle. To that one I think he wrote a fine. Probably similar this year too.
(+3)like
SamoK27. 07. 2019 16:03:21
To all who complain so much about conditions in Slovenia, I advise them to try what they can do arbitrarily in national parks, for example in the USA. Or in Switzerland.
(+5)like
redbull27. 07. 2019 16:11:55
Everyone should do as I did last weekend and everything will be supermežikanje
(+1)like
jax27. 07. 2019 18:37:15
To all who complain so much about conditions in Slovenia, I advise them to try what they can do arbitrarily in national parks, for example in the USA. Or in Switzerland.

One important difference. There it's about protecting nature. And if that's the case, the regime and prohibitions will be clearly marked, so that the largest share of people will respect the regime and nature will be (most) protected, and fines won't actually be many. That's the point of everything.
With us, one has the feeling that the TNP leaders don't really care a damn about environmental protection, but they like to cash in. And if that's so, they'll make sure the regime is as obscure and ambiguous as possible. And then many will violate some articles even in good faith - and hop, how nice to write a ticket. It's superfluous to add that we haven't done anything for environmental protection, but quite a bit for filling budgets (depending on the misdemeanor authority, it can be state or municipal).
(+6)like
SamoK27. 07. 2019 18:59:39
I think, I don't know where in the world you walk, jax, but nature in Slovenia is much better preserved (and beautiful!) than almost anywhere else.
Slovenia is so nice and great overall that I really don't understand all this indignation. I think most are really just bothered that not everything is free.
(+7)like
Edko28. 07. 2019 17:55:05
Man, sometimes we went to Triglav for three days by bus from Ljubljana. First night we slept in Vrata-party, morning to Kredarica and to the top, slept at Dolič-party, morning at seven and to Bohinj to the bus, three days of fun. No problems with parking today when we go for ten hours, everything goes wrong for us. Those Czech huts-bivouacs the supervisors could visit a bit more often too.
(+10)like
jaz28. 07. 2019 18:05:31
I agree Edko, how short those 12 km seemed to me when I held some girl's hand. Hill walkers were different, there were fewer, hut keepers were legends, and we were quite a bit younger too. Now I avoid these areas from afar, like many others. I've found my peace elsewhere. Best regards!
Veteran friend, always waits for me.1
(+12)like
5Xum6. 08. 2019 10:47:35
So that no one is surprised, access to Vrata valley will be limited for the next three weekends:

https://obcina.kranjska-gora.si/files/other/news/70/196849promocijskidanvrata2019_korekt.PDF
(+2)like
silvo19526. 08. 2019 15:28:13
Good and bad news. Good for those who like to sleep and bad for those who like to be early at the tour's starting point. Definitely it would be better if the first bus departed earlier, e.g. at 4 and 5am from Mojstrana and the last at 8 and 9 from Vrata.
(+6)like
Page:123...56789...303132
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies