Toll booths on Vršič and in Vrata
|
| bongo20. 10. 2025 13:56:27 |
Parking is free. It will be paid from 15.6. to 15.9. What exactly they are testing now they probably don't know themselves. Up there now because of larches already known chaos from before, whoever manages, manages 
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja20. 10. 2025 15:08:52 |
Yes, quite a bit above Vršič they look like this.
1
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| jerque28. 05. 2026 12:04:02 |
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Trobec28. 05. 2026 15:03:43 |
They no longer hide that it's a "war" against hikers..."hikers should be tolerant"...due to environmental burdens, and so on. It's good that motorcyclists don't burden it, when they rev it up full there across...
| (+6) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| coffee28. 05. 2026 15:06:53 |
"Several departures from both sides are planned daily, namely from around 4.30 to around 21.30. The most departures, 16 each, will be every day in the period from June 26 to the end of August and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from June 1 to 25 and in September. On weekdays in September, there will be eight departures from each side." So practically on average one departure every hour, when there are the most departures, 16. 🤔
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| dprapr28. 05. 2026 16:09:08 |
Unique solution. You can drive over anytime, but you must not stop. But can you look at the mountains while driving?
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Pero_2428. 05. 2026 17:13:31 |
I would just be interested which one is for transit (to Zadnjica) and how much it costs? 
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lijaneja28. 05. 2026 18:07:02 |
You wrote it nicely and it will actually be so. Henrika has planned a real wonder with the barriers, a unique example in the world. I hope that her great-great-grandson will already have plans for a tunnel, and his grandson will ceremoniously open it in 2156.
| (+6) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Trobec28. 05. 2026 19:40:28 |
By 2156 it will anyway be forbidden to go to the hills. Except for those who will have reserved exclusive accommodation in one of the luxury huts beforehand...
| (+8) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| LISAC28. 05. 2026 20:22:45 |
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Daaam28. 05. 2026 21:38:25 |
This morning while reading about the "new regime" on Vršič I was thinking about my balance of the last couple of years. In Bohinj (exception is Pokljuka) I haven't been for more than 5 years, from Vrata or Vršič in the last 2-3 years I also had in my opinion only one or two-three hikes. It looks like their plan is succeeding. "The locals" who only bring trash to their jewels have been driven away, as guests mostly only foreign tourists and wealthy Slovenians and a couple of "parachutists" of the old school of hill walking come. My stomach clenched when I realized that in the Julian Alps I feel unwelcome.. I hope someone's hand dries up at some point..
| (+15) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| vitan29. 05. 2026 06:16:18 |
Hello, I'd just like to add that a "free bus" doesn't mean it's free for me if I also have to pay for parking where I'll leave my car. This is nothing but a regular scam by the municipalities to further fill their coffers. I think the time has come when hikers should take matters into their own hands and show the state and municipalities what public good means to us by organizing, getting in front of their barriers and parking meters and disabling them, thereby letting them know that without us hikers, there is no hiking either. That's it!
| (+13) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| LISAC29. 05. 2026 07:17:57 |
Vitan, I agree. But various petitions have already been signed regarding the parking regime Vrata but there is no effect because I believe it's hard against the mafia...
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| mikkeni29. 05. 2026 08:27:12 |
How exactly will the regime then affect e.g. parking in Zadnjica, or the starting point Flori or at the source of the Soča?
|
|
|
|
| LISAC29. 05. 2026 08:36:31 |
mikkeni this interests me too. Or at the Russian Cross, will it still be possible to leave the car e.g. at 4 o'clock for tours through Krnica and further? Probably not...
|
|
|
|
| mavi1229. 05. 2026 09:02:06 |
As I saw the locations of these barriers last year, I would say that the parking lot in Zadnjica is outside the barriers. The turnoff towards the Soča spring and Flora, I think is still before you reach the exit barriers on the Primorska side... so according to my logic, for the Soča spring they will treat you the same as if you park at the top of Vršič. I would also say that the same applies to the Russian Cross  But it's just weird how this will work with the counting of limited parking spaces on Vršič where they are supposed to block the entry barrier for parking when too many cars are already parked at the top of Vršič... What if you don't intend to park on Vršič at all and want to go to Flora? They will then prevent you from parking at Flora because there are too many cars at the top of Vršič  But please, can someone correct me if I misinterpreted what they intend to do with the other parking lots that are not at the top of Vršič.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Daaam29. 05. 2026 09:15:31 |
https://www.gov.si/novice/2026-05-28-nov-prometni-rezim-na-prelazu-vrsic-v-sezoni-2026-in-zagotovitev-brezplacnega-javnega-prevoza/ I think it's only talking about the top of the pass currently. According to peasant wisdom (which is otherwise lost here) it would be possible to park at the other marked parking lots. But it's an epic excuse after this "lame" winter I quote; "The delay in the execution of works occurred due to two key factors, namely the long winter season practically directly transitioned into the summer period, which prevented the contractor from completing the construction of parking arrangements within the planned deadline, and the continuation of construction works on the ground is strongly hindered and limited by the constantly present illegal parking of vehicles in the area of the pass, which causes additional delays in execution." End of quote. Butalci would have written a better excuse ..
| (+7) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Trobec29. 05. 2026 10:32:53 |
@mavi, as far as I understand this year it's only about the top of Vršič. For the future it's really not clear to me how they imagined this with counting vehicles/parking spaces. The road is quite a few kilometers, along the road there are starting points for completely different tours...for example behind the barrier is the parking lot for Krnica and Zadnja Trenta/Flori. With at least 2 functioning gray cells...you simply can't put this on the same denominator.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| miri29. 05. 2026 10:43:25 |
It seems to me that the proposers of this decree have stuffed d... in the lining.
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| dprapr29. 05. 2026 11:17:19 |
They don't care about starting points for various tours. They'll just determine the parking lots themselves, just like they did in Vrata. And where there won't be a parking sign, there won't be a normal starting point. But in Vrata, is the bus everywhere where the starting points are? What's the worst, you never really know where you can park. That's why there are so many doubts and questions here too. When they resolve this, it will be better, even if paid and in many places only for the chosen ones with residence or deep pockets.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.