Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Toll booths on Vršič and in Vrata

Print
ločanka15. 10. 2025 14:35:10
Strange that right here no thugs or villains are found who would disable these barriers. On railway tracks they can place stones (rocks) or disable signals, where really huge damage can be done, even in human lives. We don't know how to resist such measures. As far as I know, in 1991 we only had the question whether we are for independent Slovenia or secession. Nothing else!
(+2)like
and115. 10. 2025 16:45:21
Just today I drove to Erjavčeva koča, where the parking fee of 15 Eur surprised me, and no one gets upset, the hut is owned by PZS. mrk pogledjezen
(+4)like
LISAC15. 10. 2025 16:54:16
and1, is that a parking meter in front of the hut? Yuck
(+3)like
felix15. 10. 2025 17:21:36
As someone already wrote, PZS doesn't care for its members, but has succumbed to the forces of capital.
(+5)like
asdf15. 10. 2025 17:40:26
I think at Erjavčeva koča they managed to avoid criticism because they initially set roughly reasonable prices (1 EUR per hour, 10 per day), then quietly raised them later. On their website I can't find the current price at all (but I know I last paid more than 10 eur for less than a day), but there's still the post with the old price

https://erjavcevakoca.si/urejeno-parkiranje-na-prelazu-vrsic/

They have such a system that you pay in advance, so if you don't know exactly how many hours you'll hike, you usually pay for more than you actually park.
(+1)like
LISAC15. 10. 2025 18:27:15
But that's not true. Thief state
(+5)like
Indi15. 10. 2025 21:54:44
Last week I was on foot at Mangart Saddle, where you can't go by car anymore currently, and there was such a nice peace there ...

It would suit me if it were someday like that also on Vršič ... jezik
(+5)like
asdf15. 10. 2025 22:08:05
That you want people to have limited access to one of the few higher starting points so that you have peace, is incredible egoism. Quiet corners in Slovenian mountains don't lack, maybe go sometime to one of them, instead of writing nonsense.
(+18)like
Kafetarca16. 10. 2025 06:13:06
Given how much shit was happening at Vršič (and everywhere else where folks can drive by car), it's almost high time they did something to reduce the sheet metal. Folks would shit by car all over Triglav if possible... and also in all those quiet corners in Slovenian mountains, but luckily they don't know them or there's no parking right at the hut where they can drive and make crowds and mess.
(+3)like
Grikosz16. 10. 2025 08:19:03
But I see the biggest problem in Slovenia having no well-organized public transport, especially one fitting real hikers who start early. Now all organization adapts to tourists who jump out of bed at eight and start hiking to "Mount Triglav" at 10am, then all wonder why GRS has so much work...
I'm afraid that by closing popular points the columns of metal will simply redirect elsewhere, where there was peace so far.
(+7)like
mavi1216. 10. 2025 08:19:54
I'm always curious why there's such resistance in Slovenia to bringing iron/infrastructure into the mountains. Has anyone looked at what all they've built and drilled into the mountains abroad? How would the Swiss have managed to route all those tunnels, railways, cable cars and everything they've built in the mountains with that kind of thinking? I'd dare say the Swiss are a more mountaineering nation than us.

Also this eternally used taunt about wanting to drive to Triglav by car... 100 years ago in Austria-Hungary they had ideas for cable cars to Triglav (and a ski resort below Triglav). Similarly today in Germany on their Zugspitze there's a cable car. To each their own - if you like go up on foot, if not by cable car.

With us we only know how to block a broken macadam parking lot with a barrier and that's it... then we're "proud" of limiting traffic.
(+16)like
dprapr16. 10. 2025 08:20:00
To reduce the cars?
Two ramps will definitely solve that!!nasmeh
I think they have other ways in mind to reduce the amount of cars. When the standard drops, we'll be back on bikes and buses.
(+9)like
dprapr16. 10. 2025 12:40:46
As long as all the rest of us subsidize you, probably not. nasmeh
(+7)like
dprapr16. 10. 2025 13:27:10
And then bus rides are no longer subsidized? Bike purchases neither?
Anyway, I'm glad there's at least someone here whose standard hasn't dropped in recent years.
(+5)like
felix16. 10. 2025 16:05:27
Indi and Kafetarca, I hope you both reach old age and then maybe it suits you to drive with the car to Mangart Saddle or Vršič, so you're "closer" to the mountains.
(+16)like
Aljoman17. 10. 2025 06:36:19
@mavi12 why do we always have to model ourselves after Germans, Swiss, Austrians everywhere... That we burden the mountains even more with iron and intervene further in nature, is that good exactly for whom?
(+2)like
ločanka17. 10. 2025 08:17:18
mavri2, you've already figured out that the Swiss are a more mountaineering nation than us. But have you thought about how many high mountains they have, how many the Austrians have. They could build twice as many cable cars as they have, and they'd still have plenty of space left. They have lots of 3000ers, 4000ers, so countless 2000ers. And already now mostly tourists dominate our beautiful mountains, what would it be like then. So your thinking doesn't fit our conditions and our environment. A couple more such ideas and we're overrun forever!
(+10)like
mojegore17. 10. 2025 08:59:44
Gorenjska and Northern Primorska are neighboring regions. However very poorly connected.
In Slovenia's strategic interest it should be that they connect as best as possible. Otherwise we can soon forget Primorska.
Instead of tunnel under Vršič (or elsewhere), what is done all over the world, we close passes with barriers.
Do they realize what they are doing?
(+11)like
mirank17. 10. 2025 12:35:05
It already seems now that Primorska is not part of Slovenia. For example, when raccoons and jackals come to žabarijo, they start writing about it, while we have been struggling with this scum for years and they protect them. In short, regions distant from the center are unimportant. And that most of the chaos at Vršič was caused by some illegal parking fee collection on the Gorenjska side, they don't investigate. Consequently, cars started parking also on the Bovec side along the road and almost blocked the passability of the pass. If you want to do tourism and invite foreigners to us, the first condition is to provide infrastructure.
(+14)like
nina420. 10. 2025 09:33:48
On Sunday I experienced how the barrier system at Vršič currently works. It doesn't work. Since I wanted to park at the top, I positioned myself in the right lane, it showed parking lots free, and took a ticket. When I arrived at the top at 8.30, all parking spots were taken, no attendant anywhere. I parked at Erjavčeva hut for good 5 EUR for 4 hours. At least half of the cars parked at the top didn't have a ticket that should allow parking. Luckily on return I didn't have to pay extra for "top" parking, because the system is still in testing phase.
(+11)like
Page:123...1718192021...293031
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies