|
| Lukito10. 09. 2020 16:11:23 |
Regarding magnesium, sure, side effects are a matter of the individual.
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| iUnknown11. 09. 2020 06:57:48 |
I think the debate on the Škrlatica topic hasn't gone off the rails more than most other posts. This forum is supposed to be for current conditions, but most posts here are just trip reports that have nothing to do with current mountain conditions  Regarding magnesium. I borrowed this info from runners. Against cramps, regular magnesium intake helps, which we don't stop when the pain goes away, because we first need to replenish magnesium stocks in the body. That's why taking single large doses doesn't help with easing cramps, as replenishing magnesium stocks takes more time, not a one-time mineral intake. I, for example, take magnesium every evening. Only then am I sure I haven't drunk coffee for a long time. But I think if someone claims it immediately helps, tested, then it's just psychological conviction. Probably that person would be helped even if someone convinced them liquid strawberry yogurt would help.
|
|
|
|
| redbull11. 09. 2020 07:30:34 |
IUnknown I sign under your post
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| ppegan11. 09. 2020 08:37:24 |
I'm interested that when someone writes that something works, you mostly try to convince me that it doesn't work and that I'm just imagining it all and obviously living in a fairy tale world. We Slovenes are really an interesting nation - are we really that envious of each other, so that I shouldn't have something better than the other I don't know, it's funny to me, especially because no one has tried the thing and convinced themselves that it doesn't work. Me and dad have been using this MG for 10 years and in that time probably figured out that it works and it's not a product of our imagination. Instead of someone writing, ooo super it works, where can I get it? Let's not be Slovenes like we were already this time before and suppress the person who found something good and effective, because that can't be true, it's all in the head. Until you try it, you don't know, right 
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| redbull11. 09. 2020 09:04:38 |
Now you can "deal" with this magnesium. Go for it, people, that'll be business Tadej don't forget to delete these nice conversations 
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| lencka11. 09. 2020 09:19:04 |
@ppegan, do you two take it regularly every day, or only when cramp hits....on the way?
|
|
|
|
| ppegan11. 09. 2020 09:27:40 |
Dejan, I won't, because I'm not selling it, but a friend (GRS rescuer) arranges it for us @ lencka, get it at ZS, so I don't bother even more 
|
|
|
|
| mukica11. 09. 2020 10:46:51 |
This I should have as a gold reserve, every now and then cramp really grips me and I have to massage and rest for quite a while. Of course as soon as I feel it I take magnesium and a bit of regular salt and drink plenty of fluids. ppegan, where can one get the thing.
|
|
|
|
| panda11. 09. 2020 11:20:29 |
|
|
|
|
| redbull11. 09. 2020 11:34:24 |
But there's another recipe: more economical If you move a lot you get toughened up and there will be no cramps
| (+4) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| nteam11. 09. 2020 11:47:52 |
Interesting - so many supplements in all aggregate states just for "slow" hiking in the mountains  Now it's clearer why uproar if someone is faster, without supplements and sandwiches, just a liter of water . Dejan's recipe surely works best but you gotta work hard for it .
| (+6) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| iUnknown11. 09. 2020 12:19:21 |
Magnesium deficiency is noticeable in at least two thirds of the developed world population - reasons are many but not so incomprehensible. Main reason from mass processing and prep which robs whole foods of original nutrition. Various metabolic issues, gastro diseases, diabetes, alcohol and other minerals mess up absorption into blood. Mg deficiency feels like general fatigue, confusion, excessive irritability or numbness. No wonder person taking Mg just for cramps feels attacked very quickly 
| (+7) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| ppegan11. 09. 2020 14:31:03 |
The smartest yap those who don't even have balls to write name and surname, eh Unknown, that's easiest to be smart, well I just clap for you. Agree with Dejan best to be fit and in shape, I'm trying too but on really looong tough tours sometimes short a bit then some MG handy  @nteam if you get to top in estimated time or sooner slow??  @mukica I'll write on ZS 
| (+3) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Pi_is_exactly_311. 09. 2020 17:31:43 |
If cramp grabs, bend toes on foot back. Then gone in few seconds.
|
|
|
|
| guki11. 09. 2020 19:28:00 |
|
|
|
|
| nteam11. 09. 2020 19:54:26 |
@ppegan, if you get to the top before the marked time, that's a fine time - you're not slow - no one stumbled over that. It bothered me that you griped right away about the times someone wrote, which are real and checked many times (not mountain running). With that fitness cramps are no issue. Otherwise, I wish you safe paths in our hills ahead .
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| Cosford5. 10. 2020 09:22:08 |
Was anyone on Škrlatica over the weekend, what are the conditions like? Thanks!
|
|
|
|
| redbull5. 10. 2020 11:30:46 |
There was quite a crowd Sat Sun, surely someone will provide info  good luck
| (+9) |  | |
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.