Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Spik (Black Walls)

Print
mikipi28. 03. 2012 20:00:39
Great pics, especially those with chamois are icing on the cake.
Sending you the "lost" link from Ulrich. Nice today on Stol, eh? That one back there is V.Ozebnik.
(+2)like
Parkeljc28. 03. 2012 21:03:19
Yes, it was nice mežikanje mikipi mežikanje and THANKS for the link mežikanje
like
LidijaJesih31. 03. 2012 21:06:00
Conditions have not changed much since midweek, the road is now practically dry, towards the summit you must cross snow just once. In the morning it was frozen, on the return no longer. The chamois hid (except the one with mevelik nasmeh), flowers still shy, so only white crocuses and catkins everywhere. Rabeljsko Lake is worryingly low, views enchanting as always. A recent survey asked how to excite non-hikers for mountains: with such a tour. When it blooms, I'll check if I'm wrong.zavijanje z očmi
View towards Lopič, Pecol below1
white crocus, it's popping out everywhere2
this still needs to be crossed, frozen in the morning3
southern sides are almost dry; ridge towards Strma peč4
Veliki Nabojs, Viš and Koštrunove špice. All beauties5
Kanin mountains still full of snow6
the little tree chose a great view!7
one would be quite comfortable at home here8
this pasture is beautiful, no doubt. And everything around it.9
here they opened the bottom of Štoflc. Half the water is gone, the beach is large10
Also Rabeljsko jezero now has a little island. But soon there will be no water left.11
(+4)like
IgorZlodej1. 06. 2012 11:18:58
Very nice report @MajaO nasmeh and I'm happy you're posting again, it's nice to read you.
You ask: "Montaž, has anyone told you you're royally mighty and irresistibly seductive"!.
The Poet of the Julian Alps wrote to him in greeting: "To you, royal Montaž, let me thank once more before I bid you farewell. What you were to me and still are, nobody will fully grasp and know. You know me and the deliberate work I did on you. We didn't play. You're no mountain to play with. In my descriptions I allowed you so little ornament. I simply told about you, I didn't scatter flowers for you. You don't need such a thing. You're so great ".
(+9)like
katty1. 06. 2012 13:46:57
Short and to the point----Maja, thanks for another one in the series of your wonderful descriptionsnasmeh. Best regards and good luck further.
(+2)like
Enka1. 06. 2012 14:06:20
Another one here who has definitely fallen in love with these areas already during the visit to Špik Hude police and later also Vrh Strmalinasmeh. But Strma peč irresistibly attracts me. Although I'm more of a hiker, maybe one day I'll muster courage...
1
2
(+1)like
pohodnik111. 06. 2012 16:02:33
katty - you say short and to the point?velik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmehjezik We have different standards for length velik nasmehvelik nasmehcool
like
Kozorog1. 06. 2012 16:05:01
Enka, it depends where your starting point for Strma peč is... from Pecol you have only one short ferrata, nothing demanding, the rest is a wonderful walk!
(+1)like
dprapr1. 06. 2012 16:49:59
Interesting report, MajaO!
Montaž surprised me the first time too with its majesty and "wide view" over Pecol plateau and Kanin range. Even more majestic and mysterious on approaches from Zajzera valley. Gotta check again what it's like from Dunja. They say it shows its true face there.
Interesting how most "find their mountain" that attracts them most even if they tell us nothing beats Jalovec, Triglav or Škrlatica. Height and shape don't matter at all - what matters is what we feel visiting the mountain. And on some peaks feelings are really indescribable.
At least I can't describe them.
Best
(+4)like
VanSims1. 06. 2012 19:26:52
@pohodnik11: katty really said it just as she wrote: short and concise. She only wrote one sentence and a greeting. Will that do?
like
miri1. 06. 2012 20:15:27
@dprapr here you go from Dunja, actually from Two Špiks.
1
(+1)like
Enka1. 06. 2012 23:20:49
@Kozorog: if or when I'm closer to actually climbing Strma peč, can I ask you for details? I know it's just "one short ferrata" but I don't dare jump on it straight awaynasmeh.
like
Kozorog2. 06. 2012 10:25:25
Enka no problem. You can go "around" too there is no ferrata at all! If you need anything just write me on ZS. lp
(+3)like
Majdag18. 06. 2012 12:21:39

...Nice as always. Every time anew I enjoy the views this path offers. Suitable for everyone - big and small, but caution won't hurt, says Majdanasmeh
- Morning in Kaninsko pogorje1
- Good morning to you too2
- Are you chasing me from back there3
- Today there will be lots of visitors4
- Montaž, mighty mountain5
- What views6
- Changing winter outfit for summer / moulting/7
(+2)like
LidijaJesih29. 06. 2012 21:01:43
Blooming, fragrant, hot, few people. No peculiarities along the way, the peculiarity each time is beautiful views, little flowers and critters that don't lack creativity here. Paradise for eye, soul and body. Return stop at Rabeljsko Lake where they swim (well, hand on heart, not massively). In March I said I'd check something, right? And I did. Probably was right. velik nasmehvelik nasmehvelik nasmeh
Morning sentry. We didn't scare him.1
Towards Montaž2
nature photo3
View from the summit into the depths towards Zajzera4
Enjoying the summit5
Mak found a spot on the slope at the summit6
kid goat7
even chamois sit in this heat8
this one had to be cautious9
still young, yet so fast10
a storm was brewing but nothing came of it11
nature's greenhouses12
Rabeljsko Lake, Jerebica behind, great view for the feet13
(+6)like
miri29. 06. 2012 21:17:27
Had it.velik nasmeh
like
velkavrh30. 06. 2012 03:12:00
LidijaJesih wonderful, I'm heading to those parts in two weeks - to the neighbor!
like
pohodnica532. 07. 2012 16:27:45
Last year's visit to Planina Pecol and Vrh Strmali impressed us with such a beautiful unforgettable experience that we had to return – this time with starting point at Špik Hude police; to my joy I found out that the name has nothing to do with the ascent, as the path is quite safe and «non-vertiginous», it just zigzags quite a bit, especially in the upper part over scree and stones, and you need some fitness too; nevertheless you have to be careful, as we met a mountaineer who had bad luck with his ankle, so really, accident doesn't rest; temperature down there in the basin was recording killing heat, but escape to such height fulfilled the expected pleasant natural cooling of overheated bodies of mountain addicts; on the modest, slightly windy summit quite a few hikers crowded, many foreigners among them, some also from Montaž direction; for really unforgettable close encounters numerous whistling marmots took care again in the initial part along the flowering and resinous path, but they have very «good ears» and swiftly dashed to their burrows before I managed to press the shutter; continuing in the rocks, beautiful chamois honored us, posing from a distance of a few meters as if aware of their majesty; and on top vast views, occasionally covered by summer mists, on Montaž, Viš, Kanin range, then Sv. Višarje and Kamniti lovec……; due to slower pace while fully enjoying all these beauties, we rounded off the trip in a good 5 hours of walking, concluded again in the cheese dairy with sinfully good cheeses and cooling feet in Rabeljsko jezero; real heaven on earth…velik nasmeh. Lp
Initial section after ascent from the hut1
Path in switchbacks still through greenery2
Intermediate view towards Kanin3
Increasingly steeper in snake ridges4
I thought the little man by the path shows the last turn, oh dear5
Overseer of the action on the path6
Perfectly posing very close7
Among flowers this beauty8
...you are so nosy he probably thinks9
And along such a path onwards towards.....10
......the goal that already beckons: just a little more, last meters11
Here we are on the summit :), next to it neighbor Montaž12
View from the summit to starting point Planina Pecol13
A slightly vertiginous view to the other side14
Nice view of Viš15
and Sv. Višarje with Kamnitim Lovcem16
neighbouring peak...17
...which has a cairn on the top18
and towards last year's ascent.. Vrh Strmali19
once again really beautiful Montaž20
beautiful views all around21
this one welcomed us right by the path on the return22
and a bit lower fluffy young one23
we also cooled our feet in the warm Rabeljsko Lake24
with nice view on...25
(+6)like
_sandra_2. 07. 2012 16:42:05
@pohodnica53: is this the path you took marked?
like
pohodnica532. 07. 2012 16:46:21
sandra@, yes it's marked, although description says one part (short) isn't; it's all so trampled that you can't miss, because it's trail all the way; it's beautiful; lp
like
Page:12345678...141516
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies