Weather, weather forecast, danger...
|
| JusAvgustin3. 01. 2012 15:39:32 |
I hope there will be as few such actions as possible, or that people will go to the mountains with their heads. In this case it was a sudden change in weather and thus visibility. As the colleague nicely wrote: "Everyone can be a general after the war" and as I say: "Don't comment if you have no idea what it's about..." One New Year's story with a happy end... Here I would like to thank GRZS and its volunteers who save our asses in the high mountains. Another example of how mountains can be dangerous in winter: http://www.grs-trzic.si/ Many will say where is this, many but in the lazy ones? Happy and above all safe year of ascents I wish you!
| (+2) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin15. 01. 2012 19:54:57 |
I'm seriously interested in when the next shipment will be?! nothing shows that it will be
|
|
|
|
| snork20. 01. 2012 13:48:59 |
today 10 cm
|
|
|
|
| JusAvgustin20. 01. 2012 16:02:51 |
again + instead of minus
|
|
|
|
| IgorZlodej20. 01. 2012 17:13:55 |
I only saw 3 cm . And even that will be blown away .
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| peter220. 01. 2012 20:01:28 |
In Bohinj - nothing. It rained and now everything's icy. 
|
|
|
|
| Hribovc8820. 01. 2012 22:07:37 |
The most fell in Carinthia, in Mislinja nicely whitened, afternoon trucks and cars from Carinthia returned fully snow-covered 
|
|
|
|
| katty20. 01. 2012 22:16:29 |
|
|
|
|
| viharnik24. 01. 2012 21:33:46 |
Snow won't be in such abundance for at least two weeks to properly cover the ski terrains. Even the oldest people over eighty don't remember such a dry, warm and snowless winter. The lady from under Govejka, who lives up there at 700m all the time, says that there has never been a winter like this one since she has been there, already 82 years. The neighbor, who will turn 90 this spring, hasn't seen such a winter either. He remembers the winter of 1929 as a child near Lendava, when beeches cracked from the cold so it could be heard in the houses, kids barefoot barely waited for the cow to relieve itself and quickly stepped into the warm cowpat, they were often pressed to pee because they were poorly dressed, from the chimney only ice fell then. Cows in barns shivered constantly and were covered with blankets over their backs, straw on the floor so they could lie warm. I remember the last winters with lots of snow in '82, when for four or five days it fell in big white flakes. There was so much snow in front of the street that the southern corner boy couldn't throw it higher onto the already high banks. Then 120cm of snow fell in Ljubljana.
|
|
|
|
| Okmodko24. 01. 2012 22:11:30 |
But I remember that there in 2001 or 2002 there was no snow at all. At least not in the valley. Otherwise, in pots I have lemon and orange trees. And this year I didn't even need to bring them into the house. They are wintering outside 
|
|
|
|
| FLEKSARCA24. 01. 2012 22:22:38 |
Viharnik, this borders on that one: "Had to huddle around the fire so no rain down, and didn't even need to pee, it was so great cold that they couldn't even go to the outhouse!"
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| viharnik24. 01. 2012 22:58:41 |
Modern is funny, but in that distant year people lived quite differently than today. There were 9 children in the family, the oldest neighbor and brother slept in the barn in the space next to the cows on the hayloft, to make room for the younger ones in the house. Children got shoes only one pair for the whole year, then they managed as best they could to save some shoes for winter, or not. All food was from the produce and nothing from shops. When someone slaughtered in the village, everyone came there and took a piece of meat and used it in a few days, since there was no fridge then. Later it was invented during the war by the German Jozef Gorez. Then I ask: What about hot water? Answer: Don't be silly, what boilers, what bathrooms? The first bathroom the neighbor saw around '60 in Ljubljana, open for all people but paid. TV was invented also by Germans according to plans already before the war, the first built type worked after the war in England, because they bought German experts or took over the design schemes. If you had a bike then, you were already rich and special. Everything went on foot or by cart with a harness. Even to me such a way of life from almost 100 years ago is unimaginable, but I try to understand it from the stories of those still alive.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| bats25. 01. 2012 07:18:51 |
@viharnik, that winter was '86/87, when so much snow fell. Even schools were closed for 2 days. I haven't seen that much snow in the lowlands either before or after. But there was such a dry winter in '75, I remember, when there was no artificial snow, cams, internet,..., when we arrived in February at the green Soriska plain, how to ski then, so we just turned back easily.
|
|
|
|
| miri25. 01. 2012 09:34:46 |
You're still young.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| bats25. 01. 2012 11:02:43 |
This sounds nice.
| (+1) |  | |
|
|
|
|
| ben28. 01. 2012 16:34:04 |
When snow falls, I invite all you impatient ones to my place for some shredding , I have (or will have) about 500 sqm to rip up.
| (+5) |  | |
|
|
|
You must log in to post a comment:
If you do not yet have a username, you must first
register.