Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Weather, weather forecast, danger...

Print
ljubitelj gora7. 10. 2011 15:18:31
Snow is falling like crazy
1
2
Video:
Snow in October3
like
funnyboy7. 10. 2011 15:33:26
Even at 330m altitude snow is falling!!!! nasmeh
like
heinz7. 10. 2011 16:11:56
Jesenice at this moment: rain is easing, snowy above 900m, partly clearing from the west. Higher towards Gornjesavska Valley as usual, snow lower (I think already before Kr.gora).
like
GregorC7. 10. 2011 16:19:44
From 10 o'clock until now it has piled up quite a bit on Soriska p. Podkoren has also turned white.
Soriška planina1
Podkoren2
like
katty7. 10. 2011 16:53:37
GregorC, can you tell us, Sorica is probably white, am I wrong?
like
ljubitelj gora7. 10. 2011 16:57:38
it's nice
1
2
like
GregorC7. 10. 2011 17:02:33
Katty, in my opinion, no. I think it didn't bring it that low in those parts.
like
ploha7. 10. 2011 17:35:58
This is how it looks this afternoon on Pokljuka
1
2
like
IgorZlodej7. 10. 2011 18:09:27
That's how the mountains above Bovec look, but there's no need to panic.
Čukla and Rombon1
Krnice summit2
Svinjak3
like
katty7. 10. 2011 18:48:54
Lubnik is also dressed in white. Good thing I already did Čuklo, Rombon and Svinjak this year, so I won't have to trudge through snow :-).
like
heinz7. 10. 2011 19:00:14
That's how it is with us: in the Karavanke regarding snow it's not bad (if it stays like that for now).
Mežakla - Planski vrh1
Vajnež, Potoški Stol: no big deal2
towards Ljubljana basin3
like
pelican8. 10. 2011 14:16:01
KSA - current picture
1
Kriška, Tolsti, Storžič2
like
prepolc809. 10. 2011 08:34:16
This is how it looked yesterday evening from my window:
1
like
Laščan12. 10. 2011 19:27:44
Maybe the question doesn't belong in this section, but anyway. Where do you recommend to go see golden-yellow larches these days, so I wouldn't "trample" snow?
like
U&Q12. 10. 2011 19:35:30
On Sunday the larches were still completely green, so we need to wait a bit more.
like
jprim13. 10. 2011 06:22:32
... it depends where, in some places they started turning yellow already 14 days ago.
like
Laščan13. 10. 2011 06:52:30
Can you recommend some hikes where this should be! Thanks in advance and thanks also to U&O
like
jprim13. 10. 2011 07:03:23
http://www.hribi.net/trenutnerazmere.asp?slo=1&gorovjeid=10001&id=2972

... some ideas you can find here, it's true that the green color is slowly turning yellow.
There are many on Raduha too, across Planina Arta. (but not colored like that yet)
LP!
like
JusAvgustin14. 10. 2011 14:34:05
if my eye doesn't deceive me: VDV is snowy, DP is bare, Rjavina patches of snow, Triglav same, Škrlatica in snow, Rokavi and Oltar bare, snow on lakes, DK snowy, same for Kukova špica (ascent and approach from Slemen, Kukovi scree under snow, same for Gulce. Kepa bare, Golica grassy, Vajnež, Stol, Vratača, Begunjščica all bare, except a few snow patches... In short conditions are (again) autumnal. That's what I see from the basin, if it's different on S side, I don't know, but surely. I'll say more tomorrow...

Regards!
like
otiv14. 10. 2011 15:05:01
@Laščan
Larches start getting golden yellow color around 15 - 20 October.Depends also on altitude, lower ones color later.
Many towards Viševnik, Debeli peči,
Raduha or Planina Ravne in Kamnik Alps.
Many also on Zelenica towards Stol.You find them on almost every mountain I think. No fear of trampling snow.
like
Page:123...7891011...596061
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies