Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Most visited trails in snowy conditions

Print
timgalema30. 03. 2011 10:57:05
Can someone tell me please which trail to Viševnik in this time (winter)? Is the path over Kačji rob passable? ... Thanks

like
viharnik30. 03. 2011 14:09:07
Over Kačji rob mainly ski tourers go, because there in the gullies hikers sink quite deep, trodden path usually missing. In winter and now spring the path trodden for hikers over Zlate vode past Plesišča and along the ridge to the summit. In this thaw also recommend snowshoes to foot hikers, which from noon greatly help with successful return to the valley.
like
Marky24. 10. 2011 09:37:48
Hello!
I'm interested in which peaks in SLO you recommend for winter ascent and which route?
Well, mainly from the viewpoint of no great avalanche risk, etc.

Thanks nasmeh
like
IgorZlodej24. 10. 2011 14:55:10
Not to bore you, first acquire proper gear and thoroughly familiarize yourself with it, and practically train its use under expert guidance, then take the guide Winter ascents in Slovenian mountains and gradually from lower to higher and more demanding peaks. From my own experience I know that training and gaining experience takes quite a long time. Good luck.
(+2)like
JusAvgustin24. 10. 2011 15:38:01
I agree with Igor... it's already startedzavijanje z očmi
like
žerovsk gams24. 10. 2011 21:08:04
What is the difficulty of Grintovec? I mean the winter route over Streha?
like
ljubitelj gora24. 10. 2011 22:12:28
nasmeh
like
keber124. 10. 2011 23:12:14
ljubitelj, now you're already annoying with this long list of peaks you don't know anyway.

@žerovsk gams: Grintovec over Streha in winter is technically not very demanding (depending on conditions), but very long and strenuous tour. Streha can be very dangerous for slipping. Suggest you first try Begunjščica over Šentanski plaz for comparison.
like
ljubitelj gora24. 10. 2011 23:37:50
These are just examples... countless peaks exist... others know more, so tell if someone wants to know something.
like
JusAvgustin26. 10. 2011 18:03:02
I recommend the following: Dovška baba, Viševnik, Mrežce, Debela peč, MM(normal), Begunjščica(šentanc), Tošc(normal), MDV, VDV, Rodica, Stol, Vrtača(normal), Palec, Zelenjak, Kepa. Once you have some of these done you "go for": Storžič, Grintovec, Špik, Prisank, Dovški križ, Kukova špica, Stenar, Križ, Triglav, Jalovec. Once you have that behind you you can say you have some experience. Of course approach these peaks via "normal approaches", even though the last two are climbing ascents. Then tackle couloirs, from couloirs to gullies, from gullies to waterfalls, from waterfalls to winter routes and then you can say: "Now I'm more experienced, I've climbed something after all" No day is the same as the previous in winter, nor the conditions, they can change drastically in a very short time, that's why all this "hammering". So that such a moment doesn't surprise you and you'll react calmly and automatically. Useless if you throw yourself headfirst down the slope without automating it, useless to try crampons in snow if you don't have the feel, that's why you need time... And someone who will teach you or go with you. Brother is a good choice, probably has more experience and is calmer. Then arrange the next trip that's one level harder etc... It doesn't happen overnight. Not even in season. Don't kid yourself that this is summer walking or strolling. In winter steeper slopes, more stamina goes. Above all I heartily advise you to take a book in hand and read it yourself. Start with Snow, ice, avalanches by Šegula, continue with Habjan's Winter ascents and finish first class with Belet...

Safe matej, safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1
(+1)like
Kozorog26. 10. 2011 21:22:17
well yeah there's a lot of truth in every advice, as well as in the tips... but you need to know many other things... from checking snow instability due to avalanches etc etc... so there's no mistake.... and knowledge of equipment use as Igor already pointed out... That's why sometimes it's better to make a snowman in front of the house...velik nasmehvelik nasmehmežikanje
like
JusAvgustin27. 10. 2011 14:42:59
sometimes and mostlyzavijanje z očmi
like
extra26. 11. 2011 22:17:46
Hello
I'm interested if anyone has any idea for a one-day winter tour. Without alpinistic ascents. Thanks
like
Okmodko26. 11. 2011 23:22:32
Debela peč from Pokljuka. Well you can already slip on the Okrogelj. Polhograjci, Trupejevo poldne, Rodica and more and more nasmeh
like
ljubitelj gora7. 01. 2012 11:59:51
How is Stegovnik in winter, as I saw in descriptions there are steep slopes.
like
JusAvgustin7. 01. 2012 12:25:27
then you exactly know what that means...
like
ljubitelj gora30. 11. 2012 19:59:37
We'll trample a bit again, climb, put on 12-point crampons....
Begunjščica1
Begunjščica2
Vrtača Y... look at the climbers3
like
joža x8. 12. 2012 10:39:39
Which of the variants in the pictures is comparable to Turski žleb? On Turski žleb, I've been in winter, multiple times, this winter though, with good conditions of course, I'd go to Begunjščica. Since I don't want any surprises, I'm asking someone with experience on both mountains.
like
ljubitelj gora8. 12. 2012 12:13:37
P.S. Hey Joža x, we met last year in/on Turski žlebbig grin
like
urbancek10. 12. 2012 10:46:45
On the 3rd pic, where the "gorniki" are (in the right branch of Y looking from top down) I skied downbig grin
like
Page:123456789
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies