Hike.uno
Hike.uno
Login
Login
Username:
Password:
Login
Not registered yet? Registration.
Forgot password?
      

Pilgrimage to St. Višarje

Print
rozka3. 06. 2011 10:44:56
Yes, Sv. Višarje have that special charm for me that enchants you right away, narrow passage, little houses next to each other, enticing smells from taverns, wonderful views... well, you have to go and convince yourselfsmile
Jany, you let me know when you'll be around here...bigbigbig
lpsmile
like
IgorZlodej3. 06. 2011 11:07:05
Who opened this topicbig, anyway, if we ignore the pastries and Mary statue, the Holy Višarje are also a strong positive energy point where crowds of believers and atheists flock, easy access from three valleys I won't mention, i.e. from Canal Valley, Zajzera and Cold Water Valley, and of course the gondola cable car that brings most people up.
like
krasovc3. 06. 2011 13:11:23
Occasionally there are too many Italians for my taste, with their behaviors. angry
Otherwise we go, with friends, always first weekend of July to Juret (Al convento) and there, with accordion players and other musicians and dancers, it always gets lively in the evening. Sunday, after sleep, to Lovce. Jure is always a super host, and accordion player too.
like
mano 054. 06. 2011 07:44:31
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. Rozka, could you tell me how long it took you for the ascent and how long for the return to the starting point on that loooong path you called it. lp
like
rozka4. 06. 2011 19:28:00
Hi, mano o5; ascent approx. 1.30 h, descent approx. 1 h and loooongbig path approx. 1.30
lpsmile
like
mano 054. 06. 2011 20:49:22
Big thanks, Rozka, since on hribi.net estimated time is 2 h 30 min, I'd have to add some 45 min to your times with warning based on my fitness and liking to see more in nature. lpnasmehhttp://www.hribi.net/slike/smile.gif
like
rozka5. 06. 2011 22:15:53
nasmehah, hours... doesn't matter how long, main thing is to enjoy... depends also on the day, will and if you walk alone or with someone,...mežikanje
nice eveningnasmeh
like
Kozorog5. 06. 2011 23:34:53
Since forever there's a rule that for every 300 m elevation we need about 1 hour... So those who "run" and see less beauties need less... others who admire beauties more and walk slower need a bit more... velik nasmeh
like
pohodnik386. 06. 2011 19:31:08
exactly so, I fully agree with Kozorog, that's the point of hiking in mountains, to see and experience something velik nasmeh
like
IgorZlodej6. 06. 2011 19:57:59
If you go faster, you get farther and see morevelik nasmeh, that about slow walking and seeing a lot is just poor consolation.nasmeh True though, from Višarje or even better from Kamniti Hunter you see really a lot, not just something but really nice mountains, scenery like nowhere else, that's why it's worth climbing up there, fast or slow.
like
Kozorog6. 06. 2011 20:05:14
Well theories differ... and that's right... you see probably more but not preciselymežikanje and photograph less beauties... if rainy and bad weather then anyway you run as much as possible to get dry soon..nasmehmežikanje
like
rozka6. 06. 2011 20:10:43
Yeah, theories really differvelik nasmehmežikanje
Nice eveningnasmeh
like
atoamac6. 06. 2011 20:27:05
What if the slow and the fast see the same, just the slow has more time to look at it... because the fast is already somewhere else looking at something (someone) else?
like
potepinka6. 06. 2011 21:50:55
As for Višarje, there is a good 900 m of elevation gain, so it's a good three hours.nasmeh
It's true, in most parts of the pilgrimage path there's not much to see, but in summer you can pick raspberries, which also takes some time. velik nasmeh In winter you also need to check some couloirs.mežikanje
From Višarska planina onwards it's one big viewpoint and as Igor wrote, fast or slow, the effort is rewarded at the top.nasmeh
like
otiv7. 06. 2011 06:26:02
Definitely, walking in the mountains is relaxation of the spirit and strengthening of the body, some go faster, some slower uphill. In life there are always differences and that's nothing wrong, I think so. I think that both enjoy and seek pleasures among the mountains. And good luck on the path, either slowly or fast, the important thing is that the heart is happy.nasmeh
like
potepinka7. 06. 2011 08:07:05
Best if the next meeting of hribi.net members is right on Višarjevelik nasmeh
like
Hribovc887. 06. 2011 15:32:48
I agree with potepinka, first the mountain Holy Mass, then the hike to Lovec, then the meetingvelik nasmehnasmehmežikanje
like
krasovc7. 06. 2011 16:58:56
I partly agree, because it's more lively, at least at Juret's. If someone doesn't know what can happen in the pub then let them watch below. If you're around the first weekend of July then you can peek if it's true :-))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJcZD1UCgGY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w6oQuMO7YQ
Video:
Visarje1
like
IgorZlodej19. 12. 2011 18:05:06
Another afternoon one. Just in case I take skis with me, although I knew there wouldn't be much snow. I park in Zajzeri at Ojcinger inn, then go up through meadows and briefly through forest and I'm already on the road to St. Višarje. The road is groomed, which I don't like too much. After about half an hour there's already good 10 cm of snow so I don't need to carry skis anymore and walk with them. How nice after good five months to walk with skis again. Over Špik ridges sun shyly shines somewhere, but just enough to make sweat bead on the forehead, with height views increase, they are known anyway, but still this environment is infinitely beautiful to watch again and again, there's none like it anywhere, checkedmežikanje. At some bend a car stands, I think it's Juret's. Further he drove with snowmobile. So the road is nicely groomed, but for me it's still nicer at the edge on the crust. The hamlet on the hill is deserted, still this week, then it will be lively again. I walk a bit and look around the top. Down towards Žabnice plenty snowing, from cannons of course. Then I head to the valley, on skis of course, a bit on the groomed road, a bit at the edge. After about half the path need to take off skis, pity, but not hard. Next time maybe to the car.
even walking on the road can be nice sometimes1
sign along the trail2
if you have a good car, you get high up3
Up there I'll go.4
The monument marks the 650th anniversary of SV. Višarje (2010).5
Beautiful view to the west.6
Towards Mangart.7
Višarje with Kamniti lovec.8
For now still peaceful and solitary.9
Viševa group.10
Mighty Montaž.11
Snapshot.12
On the way home I somehow couldn't pass by this sight above Rabeljsko Lake.13
Red clouds above Nevejsko sedlo14
(+2)like
Page:12345678
You must log in to post a comment:
Username:
Password:
Login
If you do not yet have a username, you must first register.
         
Copyright © 2026 Hike.uno, Terms of use, Privacy and cookies